I left the Stanton System

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Not that I wanted to... Flying my Aurora, I just wanted to do a very short QT jump inside an asteroid field next to Delamar (or Deymar? the one thats far away) while looking for a blown up Caterpillar, aaand it backfired. Literally. I quantum traveled in reverse. At an accelerating rate. Forever.

ScreenShot0487.jpg

ScreenShot0489.jpg

ScreenShot0509.jpg

Eventually the shaking effect got so strong that all panels started clipping through each other and about 20mins into the jump all the stars disappeared.
ScreenShot0518.jpg

I switched to an outside view, the QT effects were looking like I was going forward, nothing else was visible apart from the ship/character/QT effect. Not even a generic starry background. When I switched back to inside view, the distance counter was gone, and some time after that the QT HUD switched to the normal flight HUD as well.
According to the screenshot timestamps, I was going for about 40 minutes before getting really bored of it. The shaking got out of hand, everything was clipping through the ship, but nothing else seemed to be changing. So I pushed B to stop QT, and the distance counter reappeared, counting up again from 70billion kms, at about a 1 bill/sec rate. Tried both pushing and holding the button, no change. So I stood up from the pilot chair, and slowly got pushed through the cockpit into the nothingness, with my ship leaving me behind at an insane rate.
ScreenShot0546.jpg

Checked the exterior view and there was zero lighting apart from my suit lights. So as I didn't think I was anywhere near "real" space, I just clicked "quit game". I wonder where I'll be when I log back in...

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I looked into the serial number of your Aurora and have found the problem: It was built on a Fraday Afternoon. Records indicate it took twice as long to build as an Aurora put together on a Monday Morning and had three times as many QC defects before being put to space... looks like they missed one.

Buy clever, demand stuff built on Mondays or Tuesdays.

So, did you put out a service beacon for a pickup? Reward 1,000,000 UEC.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
But did you reach your destination tho?
Well, I was hoping I would pass by some of the other planets in the systemthat supposedly don't exist yet ( but they are marked on the starmap), but I went the wrong way, so nope. Never got there.

I looked into the serial number of your Aurora and have found the problem: It was built on a Fraday Afternoon. Records indicate it took twice as long to build as an Aurora put together on a Monday Morning and had three times as many QC defects before being put to space... looks like they missed one.

Buy clever, demand stuff built on Mondays or Tuesdays.

So, did you put out a service beacon for a pickup? Reward 1,000,000 UEC.
Good advice! Will ask the dealer next time.
I'm about to go on a trip to around Munich to find a good used car, this will be the first thing I ask the seller!
Frankly I was so busy getting my warm beers stuffed into the freezer for later, that I totally forgot about the beacon thing. Also I have no idea how that system works yet, will give it a try next time this happens.

Lost in Space Aurora?
Pretty much, and later, Lost without Aurora!

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Well, I was hoping I would pass by some of the other planets in the systemthat supposedly don't exist yet ( but they are marked on the starmap), but I went the wrong way, so nope. Never got there.

I'm about to go on a trip to around Munich to find a good used car, this will be the first thing I ask the seller!
Frankly I was so busy getting my warm beers stuffed into the freezer for later, that I totally forgot about the beacon thing. Also I have no idea how that system works yet, will give it a try next time this happens.

It would have been more funny if you had crashed on one of those planets.

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
haha I remember when quantum was brand new something similar happening to me :D after like 5 minutes in quantum my ship literally shook like it was ripping itself apart and exploded, that was like the first day we had QT. Also welcome to the quantum club :) it seems this is very rare

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus

damn

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
It's a known bug you can find a bunch of youtube clips where peps try using it to get to planets like Hurston and Arc Corp etc...

But as you experienced they did to, that it's a bit unpredictable ha ha ha... :joy::joy::joy:

But it sure do show how vast our bubble of space already is in game...
Pretty damn cool IMO :beers: :beers: :beer:

Last edited:

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
How come I never get cool bugs like this, the best I had was going into QT and three seconds later everything overheated and I blew up.

Then I somehow managed to turn in QT and I blew up, I caught a glimpse at the HUD and everything had red damage so I'm guessing the physics had simply worked or something.

Any ways that's interesting glad to see you got a few screens of it as they are quite fun to see.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
if you want to jump out of solar system this is how it worked before...

You target a planet if you can see any that is outside your realm now, like Hurston/ArcCorp or one that is as far off you can find.
Then spoil the Q drive go max afterburner speed backwards toward the target and activate Q jump, if you got it right you will now leave the crusader area on a long long trip out of the solar system.
You have to stop it manually if you want to stop.
And if success you should now be so far out that you don't have Qfuel enough to get back. ha ha ha ha...

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Reactions: Blind Owl
Forgot your password?