I loves my Freelancer. Best ship this side of an Aurora!!

Freelander rocks?

• Yes

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Yes Yes

Votes: 24 88.9%

• Total voters

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Such a good all rounder. Decided to do a mission before I went to bed. Only one available was a patrol mission for over 1000uec. Hmm. Could do with a sabre for this one but .. i melted it...so what the heck I'll take big bertha out. Headed out on patrol ran into a couple of gladius/buccaneer/cutlass, ended up at the last patrol site to be greeted by 3 cutless and 3 gladius at the same time. Oh well what the hell you only live once right!!

Put 10% extra power to shields and went for it. The standard loadout on the freelancer is hard to use nowadays as the enemy ships are all over the bloody place and they've nerfed the range on those cannons so had to get up close and personal but stayed patient and concentrated and took my shots where I could get them. Cleared out the small ships first then took on the cutlii. Few times my shields got low but managed to do a bit of shield management (front or rear & fly backwards etc).

The sense of satisfaction when I blew my final cutlass up was great!!
Squadron_42_-_Star_Citizen_Screenshot_2018.07.09_-_22.32.52.72.png

Freelancer had a few scratches but nothing serious. I'll take her to the paint shop next month treat her.

Decide to do a bit of sight seeing on the way home.
Squadron_42_-_Star_Citizen_Screenshot_2018.07.09_-_22.39.27.71.png

Beautiful.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
The standard loadout on the freelancer is hard to use nowadays as the enemy ships are all over the bloody place and they've nerfed the range on those cannons so had to get up close and personal but stayed patient and concentrated and took my shots where I could get them.
I use that loadout on my Gladius. It takes some precise aiming, but when on target, the Tarantulas are devastating.

i'm also interested in a MIS but yet couldn't put my hands on one
I have a CCU from Taurus to MIS in my buyback, just in case.

Frostulf

Grand Admiral
May 16, 2018
RSI Handle
Storkraft
i love lancers.. i have one. with a DUR CCU in wait..

but i will say it needs too loose its spoiler.. and maybe a turret upgrade. and please make it a remote op. one..

and yes i love they finaly started making remote op. turrets. something i have campained for for meny years... and i was allways shot down by fans of WW2 turrets.. and the SW feel.. but i think its a stupid thing for the most part.. waste of space for hallways. and placement of turrets..and so on.
ok rant over.... im just happy they finaly have seen the "light"

Last edited:

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
i love lancers.. i have one. with a DUR CCU in wait..

but i will say it needs too loose its spoiler.. and maybe a turret upgrade. and please make it a remote op. one..

and yes i love they finaly started making remote op. turrets. something i have campained for for meny years... and i was allways shot down by fans of WW2 turrets.. and the SW feel.. but i think its a stupid thing for the most part.. waste of space for hallways. and placement of turrets..and so on.
ok rant over.... im just happy they finaly have seen the "light"
Especially on the lancer a remote turret absolutely makes sense in every aspect.
If you wan't WW2 Feeling get a Hammerhead or stuff like that. (Or my imaginary all turret module caterpillar)

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
The feelancer is probably the best all around solo ship in the game. Wait, not the connie or the 600?

600 has less cargo, and is a bigger ship. The only thing better about the 600 is you can have a full set of cargo, AND a rover at the same time. Once the tweaks are done, it should be a fine exploring ship, with possibly more versatility than the Aquila

The connie is a great all around ship. It's like the freelancer, but slightly bigger. That said, it's not nearly as easy to solo, even if the S4 or S5 guns hit hard. Put 1-2 crew and the scale tips to the connie, but for a single player, the freelancer tops it.

Now, the Cutlass is REALLY close. Personally, I think it's a bit more combat oriented, so it's not quite as good all-around as the Freelancer, but it's still a fine ship. It also needs a person in the turret to really push it over the edge, so for a duo team, the cutlass may be slightly better. It will also be a better drop ship and a better ship to transfer cargo to/from due to the tractor beam. IMHO you have either of these ships, you are in a good place when it hits release. You may only need an aurora, but these ships are what you would want if you bought the collectors edition game-pack that most games put out these day.

Last edited:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
. . .i love they finally started making remote op. turrets. something i have campained for for meny years... and i was allways shot down by fans of WW2 turrets.. and the SW feel.. but i think its a stupid thing for the most part.. waste of space for hallways. and placement of turrets..and so on.
Rumor is that when a ship gets spiked and its computer goes down, life support and manned turrets are the only systems that don't go down. So there is a good reason to go manned.

Frostulf

Grand Admiral
May 16, 2018
RSI Handle
Storkraft
i still cant figure out what they seats are for ... 2x front seats 2x back seats..
i asume

1x or 2x pilot seats.

1x scanner. ? and i hope one turret. gunner station.. personaly i would hope bouth back seats can do bouth.

Reactions: Ezz

Frostulf

Grand Admiral
May 16, 2018
RSI Handle
Storkraft
yes lancer and cutty are close togehter..
but i would say lancer are better. made of better parts. more fuel effeciant. and wiht 4x escapepods.
but cutty might be better allrounder. like mining and rescue and so on. and it has a better turret. and no stupid spoiler to block its wiew..

Reactions: Ezz and hardroc77

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Back seats are for back seat drivers on the way home from the pub of course!!

Frankly I'd rather 2 seats drop the turret and more cargo space but hey... maybe that'll be what the max is like?

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
well to be honest i would have loved to have some beds ready when going home from pub...
You'll have the king size bed at my place, when I've finished with you that is.. ;)

Forgot your password?