I might have a problem

What should I do?

• BURN THEM ALL AND REDEEM(er) YOURSELF!!!

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Save your money and buy a Redeemer later.

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Buy your girlfriend something nice for your anniversary.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Save your money for the next concept sale

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

The Razgriz

Vice Admiral
Jul 24, 2016
RSI Handle
The-Razgriz
So, in anticipation of the inevitable concept sale (hopefully coming soon!!!) I've been stalking the RSI site like it's a fat gazelle. After burning through all of the issues of Jump Point and most of the Spectrum Dispatches (the text based ones, my PC at work doesn't have speakers), I've turned to reading ship brochures. I just came across the Redeemer, a ship that I originally wrote off as pointless and ugly. After TESTing a couple of ships that I had previously lumped in to the "I'll never fly that, it's stupid looking" category, I figured that I would give the Redeemer a chance to.... well... redeem itself. After about half an hour of studying the layout and another hour scouring Voyager Direct contemplating potential loadouts, I've decided that I wouldn't mind having one around just in case. The problem is, me and my wallet aren't on the best of terms right now. Money don't grow on trees, I got bills to pay, I got mouths to feed, there ain't nothin' in this world for free. I do have a few ships in my hanger I could melt to buy it, but my main concern is: Can one individual operate a Redeemer effectively? The ships I would potentially be melting are: Aurora LN, Reliant Kore, Origin 300i, and a Freelancer.

Last edited:

FluffyVonRage

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Palegrave
I'd be tempted to melt them down too, but what happens if you need something a little faster/smaller/less obvious? Could be worth keeping hold of the 300i and waiting till you've got a few more pennies to feed into the glory that is SC - especially since the kore and the freelancer are so similar ( depending on what you've got :P ) Plus the redeemer has some small amount of cargo space if you needed it

The Razgriz

Vice Admiral
Jul 24, 2016
RSI Handle
The-Razgriz
I'd be tempted to melt them down too, but what happens if you need something a little faster/smaller/less obvious? Could be worth keeping hold of the 300i and waiting till you've got a few more pennies to feed into the glory that is SC - especially since the kore and the freelancer are so similar ( depending on what you've got :p ) Plus the redeemer has some small amount of cargo space if you needed it
I've go speed covered with a Super Hornet, Mustang Delta, Buccaneer, and a Dragonfly. I mostly keep the Aurora around out of nostalgia, and the Reliant is mostly here because I caught it on sale for $10 cheaper than normal. And I figured it would make upgrading to a Tana easier if I'd flown a Reliant before. As far as less obvious goes..... well if it's faster enough, they won't notice you.... probably. And you can't get much smaller than a Dragonfly.

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
Redeemer was tempting me too, but I suspect it will have to undergo a significant rework to get it up to par with the new ships coming out. It seems to me anyway, it doesn't have enough room for everything, especially it's crew. Players will be clipping into one another just to get to the toilet. Not sure how the item system will effect it either. Overall, I would expect the Redeemer to grow.
Also, it got one of those sales blurbs of "good at everything, no downside" which means it will likely not be able to live up to all expectations (as much as I would like it to). Maneuverable, fast, cargo, loads of guns, unique engines... sounds just like... duh, duh, duh... the Cutlass.
Probably, you will have plenty of time before a flight ready model becomes available. I'd say keep an LTI token and watch the Redeemer's progress.

FluffyVonRage

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Palegrave
I've go speed covered with a Super Hornet, Mustang Delta, Buccaneer, and a Dragonfly. I mostly keep the Aurora around out of nostalgia, and the Reliant is mostly here because I caught it on sale for $10 cheaper than normal. And I figured it would make upgrading to a Tana easier if I'd flown a Reliant before. As far as less obvious goes..... well if it's faster enough, they won't notice you.... probably. And you can't get much smaller than a Dragonfly.

LIGHT THE FIRES.

LET THE MELTING BEGIN.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I'm melting a few things and upgrading to a Redeemer for my fleet. I love it too damn much not to. But I'll be watching the progress on that baby for sure.

@Beerjerker is 100% correct. As she stands right now, you wouldn't be able to get two people past each other in its halls. She'll go through a rework with the new pipeline. It'll be interesting to see what she becomes.

Forgot your password?