I need to spend another $10,000

Edgewise

Space Marshal
Jun 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Edgewise-SJ
So apparently there is another rank beyond Completionist called 'Legatus'. It's for people who have backed $25,000+.

I want it.

Thing is... I don't exactly know what to buy. I mean I know we have 15,000 members, but wouldn't buying more capitals be overkill? I don't usually make these types of threads but honestly, for the first time, I don't really WANT anything.

So currently I have:

2x Javelin
2x Idris-P
2x Hammerhead
1x Polaris

I had just considered purchasing the 10k or 15k package and saying screw it, but those packages are SO very messy. I really don't need all those damn ships. So then I considered some more capitals .. for a total of like

3x Javelin
5x Idris-P
5x Hammerhead
5x Polaris

But then it was like... would we ever even use that many? I don't know, I'm open to suggestions. One way or another im getting this rank lol.

*edit*

I apologize if this comes off as tasteless. I'm not trying to flaunt. I really just could use some outside opinions.
Well I did hear something in the past about ships being rentable. I think all those cap ships are going to have some monster upkeep, so having a bunch of Hull-C/D/E's, Orions, Reclaimers, etc for rent would help generate some income to keep your combat fleet at operational status.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Firstly, many thanks for your commitment to the project - I know everyone who has a package has made a valuable contribution but when you are talking about those kinds of numbers it's not what you are personally going to get out of the project, it's very much what the project can do due to your generosity - thanks so much you are making it happen for all of us.

Is there any way of just giving CIG the dough and they give you an IOU or Store Credit to do as you please as and when the ships come along? Failing using it on new ships, having it transferred to UEC when the game launches could put you in a very interesting position indeed :slight_smile:

Last edited:

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
What I did is buy tons of everything.

Supposedly early in the release cycle you won't be able to sell to NPCs at a good price, but you can always sell to players who need to upgrade their ship from the starter to the next step up.

I'm sure many testies will be happy to buy from you rather than your NPC counterpart, especially if you give a small discount.

So there is always that option, which allows you to spend your time making IRL money at a rate significantly higher than the standard $2/hr that most MMOs gate their players at. Spend 20 hours doing real work, buy a ship, sell it in game. Way better than spending 20 hours in game grinding something that isn't fun just to get currency. Time spent in game should be fun, and fun only. My $0.02.

Toihva

Captain
Aug 13, 2017
RSI Handle
Dagnimaer
Thanks guys, im leaning towards the 3x 5x 5x 5x right now, but im taking Montoya advice and waiting it out a bit , just in case they release some new capitals.

Great advice and best of luck. One thing you may want to do to slowly get that way to is instead of going capital ship route, maybe team up with a couple of streamers for ship give aways for test members on the stream? Though, not sure how gifting works, if that ship buying credit goes with the person who it was gifted to.

But, if you need crewmen for any, always up to help out a testmate.

Phantomoftruth

Space Marshal
Feb 14, 2016
RSI Handle
PhantomofTruth
Thanks guys, im leaning towards the 3x 5x 5x 5x right now, but im taking Montoya advice and waiting it out a bit , just in case they release some new capitals.
I have to back @Montoya. Hold off, slow burn 2018 for the new Concepts and check out the High Admiral Pack when they release it after New Year.

and in other news,
Per Izzy on spectrum, "Same, I confirmed with Amanda that any current Completionist will get Legatus, the Wing Commander image is a place holder."

Xenorak

Grand Admiral
Jul 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Xenorak
Look at it this way, regardless of what you do you'll end up literally owning a fleet. You could appoint yourself High Admiral of all the capital ships under your command and set out into the void with as many of your fellow Testies that they can hold.

Nap

Grand Admiral
Dec 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Napernicous
One thing to think about with the ships that carry smaller fighters is that you will need to buy the ships for them. Having 3x Gladius or Eclipses (if they fit) for every Idris as an example would be beneficial to have.

Nap

Grand Admiral
Dec 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Napernicous
A bunch of starter packages wouldn't be a bad idea. They said additional starter packages could be used as custom crew for your ship. You could create the entire Star Wars and Star Trek cast to man your fleet.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I won't even try to deny that your fleet is most impressive. My personal fleet goal is rather different. I will agree with @Montoya in that through the course of the next year, there will most likely be some really nice ship concepts revealed. Please forgive me if I missed this, but if you are looking to focus on the largest ships, then I would point out that the Reclaimer, BMM, 890J & Carrack are all now around the same size as the Polaris while the Endeavor, Pioneer, Hull E & Orion are even larger. While these are not military focused, every successful military has needed plenty of support to keep them going strong. You also might want to look into having several Starfarers & Crucibles around to keep your fleet fueled up, repaired & ready to fight.

Forgot your password?