I picked up Destiny 2 for $12 (video)

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
Good critique. As always Glorious Leader.

Ooooooooo A new 'Pin-Ball' game.........and you don't even have to walk to the Arcade with your buddies.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
It is well worth 12usd IMHO. It is a good shooter, gunplay feels very solid, and weapons feel different enough to that you will want to keep your favorites even if they are not as high level/powerful as some new gun that you just looted.
Just don't forget to cancel your sub if you are only buying it for that.
On the constant hype of Warframe being a destiny beater: nope. It's a different kind of game. Warframe is way more loose and jumpy, has much more varied and fast paced movement, and very heavy on melee. Personally I don't like the art style of Warframe, but ofc that doesn't impact gameplay. I just couldn't get into the constant grind of bulletsponge enemies, guns felt powerless, and I wasn't looking for a "ninja simulator" .So if you are looking for decent shooter with a few fun abilities and heavy hitting guns, I'd recommend destiny as the better choice for the short term. I stopped playing it as I didn't buy the first expansion though, I don't think it's worth more of my time or money.

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
Honestly, I am scratching my head watching this. is it the storyline of Warframe that makes you like it? are you expecting an epic story our of Anthem? where it would be nice to have the story is not the game, the story is a very long intro to the real game. The end game content is what is great about games like this. And yes running three characters through the story and leveling up is a really bad choice by Bunge. And yes class destination took a back seat sadly in D2. The end game is what makes games like this, wait until you get your first legendary gun, then your first exotic, then an armor exotic that totally changes how you see your play style, like Orpheus rig, or Celestial Nighthawk. then a gun like Graviton Lance that makes your enemies explode in purple void energy. and then masterwork that exotic to make it even better. This video has let me to question, "Do you even know what a loot shooter is?" because your video gives me the impression you do not understand a loot shooter. and that is fine, not everyone has to like loot shooters. but you play Warframe, a loot shooter, and you keep talking about Anthom a loot shooter. So I can't make sense of you saying you like Warframe and are hyped for Anthem, then not treating Destiny as a loot shooter. I am honestly puzzled, not over your criticisms, I have many of the same, but over you not treating it as a loot shooter.

Reactions: Lorddarthvik

Ganji

Admiral
May 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Ganjieh
Honestly, I am scratching my head watching this. is it the storyline of Warframe that makes you like it?
well for one, warframe is longterm project, and is free 2 play. Destiny 2 will be done in a year or so, and we will have to buy Desteny 3, and none of our progress will carry over.
All the small transactions are just done better in Warframe. Dyes that don't get consumed, jump to different character, with diferent skills anytime you want, and so on... It's just better. And made by a small awesome dev team.
Maybe the best dev team ever :D
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8OkbQqdJW4

Reactions: Bambooza

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
I bought Destiny 1 on release. Supposed to be this Ultimate gaming experience with a ridiculous budget. It was fun for like, a few days, very pretty playing it on a 65" screen. Playing with friends was the only thing I liked about it. Everything else was just so damn bland. I watched raids, end game content, etc... there just wasnt anything to keep me interested. It wasn't vivid. It was faded pastel advertised as neon. Same thing with Destiny 2. Bought the game, played with friends, then we quit after about a week. I felt like I picked up Destiny 1 but started out in a different area. Things were different, but not entirely new game different. Again, faded pastel when they advertise Neon. Already spent full price on both of them, but even at 12 dollars knowing how quick I put it away, I'd rather just save the 12 dollars. I'm expecting Anthem to be the same. Big and flashy with a bland generic "epic" story line. "look how pretty our game is. Look at all this new equipment. Look at these new mechanics which aren't really all that interesting. Pay attention to this story line even though its not really engaging. Buy credits to get extra stuff. It's a AAA game and we worked years on it. How dare you not absolutely love this game. It's not like other games but it might be."

You did however do a nice review of it.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I bought Destiny 1 on release. Supposed to be this Ultimate gaming experience with a ridiculous budget. It was fun for like, a few days, very pretty playing it on a 65" screen. Playing with friends was the only thing I liked about it. Everything else was just so damn bland. I watched raids, end game content, etc... there just wasn't anything to keep me interested. It wasn't vivid. It was faded pastel advertised as neon. Same thing with Destiny 2. Bought the game, played with friends, then we quit after about a week. I felt like I picked up Destiny 1 but started out in a different area. Things were different, but not entirely new game different. Again, faded pastel when they advertise Neon. Already spent full price on both of them, but even at 12 dollars knowing how quick I put it away, I'd rather just save the 12 dollars. I'm expecting Anthem to be the same. Big and flashy with a bland generic "epic" story line. "look how pretty our game is. Look at all this new equipment. Look at these new mechanics which aren't really all that interesting. Pay attention to this story line even though its not really engaging. Buy credits to get extra stuff. It's a AAA game and we worked years on it. How dare you not absolutely love this game. It's not like other games but it might be."

You did however do a nice review of it.
And this is why I always go back to games like Battlefield (not 1), Unreal Tournament, Counter Strike.. and in fact I've been enjoying Star Marine. Thought about picking up PUBG, just don't have the time for a full match at the moment. I've tried games like Destiny, The Division, WildStar and Firefall, and found the gun play to be nothing more then magic missiles and that the stats matter more then the skill of the user. And that no matter how good you are you cant advance until you appease the RNG and get the loot needed.

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
$12 plus $12 a month FOREVER
Incorrect. You pay for a month and you get the game keys for that month. No obligation to keep being subscribed.

Subscription. Same mo as Blizzard has for WOW, just because.
Humble Monthly subscription for game doesn't have anything to do with the game.

Last edited:

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
I went in expecting nothing.

If I get something, its a bonus! :smile:
Well if you expected nothing, then you had a leg up on me and my friends. We didn't expect much but it was hyped up as much as No Mans Sky to us. How long have you had it as of now and how long do you think you will keep playing it? Do you play with friends? I watched your video but that was like, HOURS ago. I smoked waaaay too much pot back in Vietnam to remember this kinda stuff. I may not remember if you said it or not.

Forgot your password?