I pre-ordered Anthem! AMA!

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Part of the reason I made this video is that I was curious to see if anybody was paying any attention to all the steps Bioware and EA said they were taking to make up for Battlefront and Andromeda.

Bioware came out and said no paid loot boxes, no paywalled content, no paid DLCs.

Anthem was also delayed from 2018, not rushed out the door like Andromeda.

Future expansions for Anthem will be free.

Only paid items are cosmetic.

They are making a point of doing every single thing that the gaming community wanted.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Montoya,

I absolutely respect your decision, and I hope that you get many hours of enjoyment out of it.

I am going to pass. Battlefront, battlefront II, and mass effect Andromeda have all showed me that I will probably be disappointed. I hope that it is a good game, and if so, I will consider buying it later. Even if it’s a mediocre game, I might buy it later when it goes on sale in the bargain bin.

Good luck, and I really hope this game exceeds all of your expectations

Sintha

Space Marshal
Sep 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Sintha
Is there a beta for this? I'd love to hear your thoughts if/when there is one.

I'm happy to preorder when I know a little more with a beta as I'm kinda in the mood for a lootshooter but have no interest in destiny.

Reactions: Ammorn

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
Part of the reason I made this video is that I was curious to see if anybody was paying any attention to all the steps Bioware and EA said they were taking to make up for Battlefront and Andromeda.

Bioware came out and said no paid loot boxes, no paywalled content, no paid DLCs.

They are making a point of doing every single thing that the gaming community wanted.
Didn't someone post a video of an exec for some FPS online shooter talking about how they promised not to have loot boxes and all that dumb stuff, then the game was in danger of failing and they would lose their jobs so they were forced to raise prices and sell loot boxes and guns and stuff and they made a bunch of money so (even though they lost all their integrity) it was a success story and you're welcome? I thought that was some EA guy, does anyone remember the video? It was some comic looking shooter with people firing cannons and AK-47s and stuff at each other.

Reactions: Bambooza and Ammorn

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Didn't someone post a video of an exec for some FPS online shooter talking about how they promised not to have loot boxes and all that dumb stuff, then the game was in danger of failing and they would lose their jobs so they were forced to raise prices and sell loot boxes
Never heard of it, but sounds plausible coming from EA.

As a shareholder of the company I applaud the earnings and profits. As a gamer I can argue against some of their practices.

But one thing I can't cry about is that EA being part of my long term holdings has gone way beyond the $80 I just spent on this pre-order.

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST

Bioware has always been an RPG developer; personally I think it’s prudent to wait and see how they handle a multiplayer FPS/MMORPG given their most recent game.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
personally I think it’s prudent to wait and see how they handle a multiplayer FPS/MMORPG given their most recent game.
Anthem will be Bioware story telling mixed with Destiny style gameplay. Im not sure it falls into the MMORPG territory, more so just a co-op game for starters. Who knows, maybe in the future it can expand beyond that.

JackAvalon

Space Marshal
Nov 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Jack_Avalon
@Montoya Do you think they will actually follow through with only having cosmetics as their way of increasing profits on this title? Personally, I doubt it. I think that they won't call it dlc and instead will bring back that old standby called an "expansion". We shall see though

Reactions: Ammorn
Forgot your password?