I put this thread in the wrong section!

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Why would you want a meat pie for pudding? And Pudding is a meal type, like Dessert Course, main course, Tea, Lunch or Dinner.

Teatime is the evening meal, by the way.
Well, things work generally different on this side of the pond. We wake up in the morning and after a few preliminaries, go for breakfast. That's two pieces of toast, and a coffee maybe ... wait... was 3.8 just released? Back soon.
Ok. It's kinda buggy.

But anyway I decided I should not discuss what typical North American meals consist of... it would shock your British sensibilities. But to us, pudding and pie (but not shepherd's pie) are eaten for dessert - and are unrelated except by the amount of sugar they contain. Apple pie is especially good served hot, but with a scoop or two of ice cream beside or on it. Pudding is sometimes topped with whip cream (which is also sweetened) and maybe a maraschino cherry. They're delicious.

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Well, things work generally different on this side of the pond. We wake up in the morning and after a few preliminaries, go for breakfast. That's two pieces of toast, and a coffee maybe ... wait... was 3.8 just released? Back soon.
Ok. It's kinda buggy.

But anyway I decided I should not discuss what typical North American meals consist of... it would shock your British sensibilities. But to us, pudding and pie (but not shepherd's pie) are eaten for dessert - and are unrelated except by the amount of sugar they contain. Apple pie is especially good served hot, but with a scoop or two of ice cream beside or on it. Pudding is sometimes topped with whip cream (which is also sweetened) and maybe a maraschino cherry. They're delicious.
Ahh, pudding as in blancmange or Angel Delight or QuickWhip if you are old enough. There have never been enough different brands of it here for it to get a generic name like Crumble did (Apple Crumble, Rhubarb Crumble etc.)

As for offending sensibilities i'll go all out: You can have beans for breakfast here if you want. Also a can of beans on a price of toast is considered a full meal - in fact "On Toast" is almost a generic term like pudding is for you. Beans on toast, Cheese on toast, Egg on toast... Toast is the foundation many a quick feed is built upon.

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
Ahh, pudding as in blancmange or Angel Delight or QuickWhip if you are old enough. There have never been enough different brands of it here for it to get a generic name like Crumble did (Apple Crumble, Rhubarb Crumble etc.)

As for offending sensibilities i'll go all out: You can have beans for breakfast here if you want. Also a can of beans on a price of toast is considered a full meal - in fact "On Toast" is almost a generic term like pudding is for you. Beans on toast, Cheese on toast, Egg on toast... Toast is the foundation many a quick feed is built upon.
Rhubarb Crumble?!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
My wife makes pizza on toast. It's really good.
Pizza toast! My school had it in the canteen as a snack, I thought they were stingy at the time but it didn't stop it from being good. Glad to learn it's an actual thing :)

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Pizza toast! My school had it in the canteen as a snack, I thought they were stingy at the time but it didn't stop it from being good. Glad to learn it's an actual thing :)
I went to a school reunion some years ago and one of my former teachers pointed to a red slash in the white paint on the cafeteria ceiling. It was the remains of one of those school pizza things that stuck to the ceiling after I ... am not admitting anything....

Forgot your password?