I was bored - heres some data

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Bah... he never had a career as far as I could tell. I never heard of him or his games, and his name seems a pseudonym- like “Semore Butts”, or, “Richard Crainum”- so what would he honestly be loosing that he hasn’t already? That and, what is internet hate anyway, but just more pixels?

Look- I really want to believe that there is a valid reason for his craziness; because the shear level of it, over this game, seems too unreal to me. It’s too much to say, “He’s just an ass-hole.” Don’t get me wrong, I know that there are complete nut-jobs out there, and the inter-webs have given all of them a voice... but this? Over a video game!? I mean, how much is going wrong in your life that you feel you have to lash out over something as innocuous as Star Citizen?

Here is what I foresee if I’m wrong:
The neurosis of his hatred of Chris Roberts and Star Citizen parallels the similarities of recent mass shooters, making this outcome a vivid possibility. I’m not saying that he has the will or desire to kill a lot of people, but there are a lot of cues in his writing, obsession, and personal attacks on others, that have been published in regards to the perpetrators of those past tragedies. I see- from my psychologist armchair, mind you- him isolating himself thru public ridicule, the high potential for perceived misunderstanding, and the clear demonstration of his self-grandeur that seems almost pathological. That seems like a bad combination that could signal the need for professional help; or the outcome could very well be him hurting himself or others.

Sorry to turn so dark.
Or, he's just trolling for a reaction.

He triggered TEST not so long ago and then used comments made about him to say the game had a toxic following to try to put off anyone who might have been interested in joining the project. Any outside observer who doesn't know the game or Derrick's tactics will have seen a bunch of threats against a game developer who is just giving his opinion. He set out to get that reaction and set that impression and he got what he wanted.

That isn't the work of someone making p.r. for CIG, it's the work of someone trying to destroy the game before it's even finished.

Don't give him what he wants. Just like any other troll, he wants a reaction he can then use against you and the game you love and support.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Sorry to turn so dark.
No need to say sorry. You're not Canadian.

Or, he's just trolling for a reaction.
Yes well he's trolling. But to me, trolling just for a reaction is kind of a stupid way of getting reactions. It doesn't make me want to listen to his case. To me, trolling is a sign of cowardice, hiding behind your keyboard.

I say, if he thinks he's so good, he is free to make his own game.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
It doesn't make me want to listen to his case....
He's not trying to make you listen to his case, he's trying to make you look like a dick so he can then say "Look at this guy who likes Star Citizen, he is a dick and so is everyone who plays it. You don't want to hang out with dicks, do you? Don't play it."

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Jeepers my eyes are burning, a spreadsheet all about derek twat.

Next time you're bored GrumpyCat please just do what the rest of us do and masturbate for a couple of hours.

Forgot your password?