I was weak...

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
Yeah, I melted down a few ships and got me the Entrepreneur Pack. Has a stupid Rover in it, but does not include a ship capable of carrying it.
However, I discovered that you can Upgrade the Rover to one of the ships in the Pack.

Soo... melted a few more ships, and now I have two Prospectors, one Vulture, one Vulcan and one Hull B.

Seriously considering upgrading the Vulture to another Prospector. But you know? I think two Prospectors might be able to keep the Vulcan and Hull B busy enough.

Also, the Vulture can provide a change of pace.

I still got my Explorers: 'Stang Beta, Origin 315P, and DUR (along with the omni-present Cutty Black). So, I think I am good to go for a bit.

Also, I visualize the Prospectors and Vulcan would make great support craft for an Orion. Can prospect and point out the assets for the Orion to go for, as well as, getting some commodities on moons/planets.

Yup, think I am finally at a happy place where I won't feel the need to buy more ships....

Bwahahahaha....Oh, yeah, I crack me up sometimes. Whooo...that was a good one. :joy:

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
Yup, think I am finally at a happy place where I won't feel the need to buy more ships....
Wow, you had going there for a moment.
Seriously, you did make some good swaps.
But won't need to buy more/ Yeah me too. I caved and bought a Vulture. And I got my Gladiator outta hock instead of buying an Eclipse.
Although I don't know why. It seems like some weird hypnotic spell kinda pushed me that way.

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
Melthammer fell on my boats too.
Got the same pack and said to myself: "Wow, kewl fleet and didn't spend any new money!"
Then I CCUed the Hull into a Cutlass and said: "Kewl fleet and that didn't cost too much!"
Then I CCUed the Ursa into a Hurricane and said: "Kewl fleet and looks like I'm eating ramen for the next few days..."

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
I've got enough ships and CIG has enough pledged money from me. Let someone else fund the rest of the project.

"The next concept ship will be a what? Oh, uh, I hadn't considered that, that's a really good idea..."

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
Why do you need 3 prospectors? i m confused
Well, I don't need three. I think the two would be enough to keep the cargo and resupply vehicles busy. I am focusing on two co-related aspects of the game. Exploration and mining.

Ideally, I can have two Prospectors going at the same time, with the Vulcan to assist in any needed repairs and refueling. The Hull B will be used to transport the ore containers back to be sold, while the Prospectors and Vulcan continue to mine. This would be the most efficient way of mining on planetary bodies in my opinion.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
I remember.. I remember the days when I had just an avenger game pack and thinking... there's no way I could ever afford those ships I hear people buy that aren't even for sale on the website... and look at these packs, $5K?! No fucking way......
Then one day..... it all changed.

Welcome to the club! We're here to help you through this time of addiction, suffering, joy, and buyers remorse!

P.S.
Good choices by the way!

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Oh, I have no issue with the Rover as a vehicle, but why include it in a pack with salvage, repair and mining vessels, none of which can transport it? It's stupid.
I was just trying to be funny and hint that you now need to buy a ship to transport the rover. ;)

Forgot your password?