IAE 2952 FAQ is live, including stock-limited ship sale dates and times

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
Lots of good info in the FAQ: Intergalactic Aerospace Expo 2952 FAQ - Welcome Back to microTech! - General - Star Citizen - Spectrum v5.16.1 (robertsspaceindustries.com)

Here are the stock-limited ship sale times:

Wave 1: 4pm UTC (16:00)/ 8am Pacific Time Zone
Wave 2: 12am UTC (00:00) / 4pm the day before in Pacific Time Zone
Wave 3: 8am UTC (08:00)/ 12am Pacific Time Zone

IAE Day 1 - November 18: Drake Kraken (Warbond & Store Credit), Drake Kraken Privateer ([Edit 2: FAQ now updated to also Warbond & ] Store Credit),
IAE Day 2 - November 19: Origin 890 Jump (Warbond & Store Credit)
IAE Day 3 - November 20: Aegis Idris P (Warbond & Store Credit), Aegis Javelin (Warbond & Store Credit)
IAE Day 6 - November 23: Consolidated Outland Pioneer (Warbond & Store Credit)
IAE Day 8 - November 25: MISC Hull E (Store Credit)
IAE Day 9 - November 26: Constellation Phoenix (Store Credit)

[Edit] This seemed important for those playing the CCU game for warbond CCUs:

Will there be Warbond CCUs available?
Yes. Check back each day throughout the expo to see what's available. Each Warbond CCU Daily Deal will run for 24 hours only. However, this year’s Finale (November 27, 4p,m UTC - November 30, 8pm UTC) will include a refresh with new Warbond CCUs that will feature only at this time for select manufacturers, replacing the prior daily deal ones.

So if I understand that correctly, the warbond CCUs we see on the manufacturer days will NOT (necessarily) all be on sale again during the last two days of IAE, as they have been in previous years.

Last edited:

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Huh, well, I'm glad they gave us a heads up about the finale warbond CCUs.
Also, it sounds like there'll be more WB CCUs than normal, if the finale will come in with some new ones as well.

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
Yep, thanks for posting Ulf-CIG's reply on Spectrum, @Doc Flanigan! Beat me to it 😎

I've generally bought CCUs as they were first offered anyway, without always knowing exactly when I was going to use them, so I'm not too worried by this slight change of approach to WB CCU sales. It is slightly disappointing, but as long as we spread the word so everyone knows that's the plan, no biggie. If anything, @FZD called it: it might be good news in that we get additional nice WB CCUs in the last couple of days.

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Lots of good info in the FAQ: Intergalactic Aerospace Expo 2952 FAQ - Welcome Back to microTech! - General - Star Citizen - Spectrum v5.16.1 (robertsspaceindustries.com)

Here are the stock-limited ship sale times:

Wave 1: 4pm UTC (16:00)/ 8am Pacific Time Zone
Wave 2: 12am UTC (00:00) / 4pm the day before in Pacific Time Zone
Wave 3: 8am UTC (08:00)/ 12am Pacific Time Zone

IAE Day 1 - November 18: Drake Kraken (Warbond & Store Credit), Drake Kraken Privateer (Store Credit),
IAE Day 2 - November 19: Origin 890 Jump (Warbond & Store Credit)
IAE Day 3 - November 20: Aegis Idris P (Warbond & Store Credit), Aegis Javelin (Warbond & Store Credit)
IAE Day 6 - November 23: Consolidated Outland Pioneer (Warbond & Store Credit)
IAE Day 8 - November 25: MISC Hull E (Store Credit)
IAE Day 9 - November 26: Constellation Phoenix (Store Credit)
I wonder if the change to the Kraken Privateer, Hull E, and Constellation Phoenix were because people weren't picking up all the "Warbond" versions (I don't recall if the Constellation was any cheaper Warbond), and CIG decided that it looked bad for them to have the Warbond version sitting around for so long while the other version was "sold out"?

Hopefully they rolled the quantity of "Warbond" versions of these ships which would normally be available into the "store credit" pool they will be selling...

[Edit] This seemed important for those playing the CCU game for warbond CCUs:

Yes. Check back each day throughout the expo to see what's available. Each Warbond CCU Daily Deal will run for 24 hours only. However, this year’s Finale (November 27, 4p,m UTC - November 30, 8pm UTC) will include a refresh with new Warbond CCUs that will feature only at this time for select manufacturers, replacing the prior daily deal ones.

So if I understand that correctly, the warbond CCUs we see on the manufacturer days will NOT (necessarily) all be on sale again during the last two days of IAE, as they have been in previous years.
I could be wrong here, but....
  • The 27th (when the new Warbonds will be released, with some replacing those from previous days) would be the "Best in Show" day.
  • In the past, on this day, Warbond CCU's have normally been released for each of the "Best in Show" ships.
  • This year, there are 2 ships from Anvil, which would result in 3 Warbond CCU's for a single manufacturer (roughly 1/6th of the ships that manufacturer has on offer), 2 for RSI (roughly 1/8th of the ships that manufacturer has on offer) and 2 for Crusader (roughly 1/5th of the ships that manufacturer has on offer, or 1/10th of the ships on offer on the Crusader\Tumbril day) - assuming the daily offering for each of these manufacturers wasn't also the "Best in show" ship.
  • Additionally, it appears there will probably also be a newly released (to flyable?) ship from Anvil which would likely have it's own WarBond CCU on offer.

With these factors in mind, I'm thinking - And I could easily be wrong here - that the "new Warbond CCU's" replacing ones from previous daily offerings may simply be the "Best in Show" ships from Anvil (and, less likely, RSI and Crusader - Unless the Crusader\Tumbril daily offering is from Crusader, in which case that is also more likely to not return in the final days) taking the place of the previous offering from that manufacturer to prevent too much of a company's offerings being discounted at once.

This is all speculation, of course, so I can't guarantee that is what is going to happen, but it seems the most plausible explanation to me for what they posted. I'll still be making my core CCU purchase selections on the day each offering is made, rather than leaving this until the final days, in case I am mistaken here.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I am excited by the 600 rework. Sticking with the touring as I have the Carrack but that cargo space is sweet looking. The elevator changes makes me hopeful again that the main elevator on the carrack will get the same love
This is the first time in 2 or 3 years that I've wanted to look at the 600i again. If they did this right, I might be in for the exploration version - even though that would probably be my budget.

Quirkz

Rear Admiral
Dec 6, 2021
RSI Handle
QuickQuirkz
I wonder if the change to the Kraken Privateer, Hull E, and Constellation Phoenix were because people weren't picking up all the "Warbond" versions (I don't recall if the Constellation was any cheaper Warbond), and CIG decided that it looked bad for them to have the Warbond version sitting around for so long while the other version was "sold out"?
Looks like there was an update to the post: Privateer is now showing as 'warbond and store credit', though the others are still 'store credit'.
If it were 'fear of looking bad', the have the numbers, and would just have reduce the total available to whatever they sold rather than just removed it entirely I suspect. warbond is about new money. I wonder what the ratio of warbond vs store credit availability is.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar

Mmmmm

Let's see, very curious.

Reactions: Brictoria

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Mmmmm

Let's see, very curious.
The important details there, which weren't highlighted, is that the date of the "new Warbond" which replace the ones from earlier days, happens to coincide with the "Best in Show" day where the BiS ships normally receive Warbond CCU's, and it is only "Select manufacturers" whose previous Warbond offerings are to be replaced.

My guess would be that Anvil (almost certainly), Crusader (likely - moreso if a Crusader ship has a Warbond CCU on the Crusader\Tumbril day, rather than a Tumbil vehicle), and RSI (Least likely) are the manufactures being referred to - I'll still grab what I need for all manufacturers on their individual days, though, as I could easily be mistaken.

Reactions: Raven_King

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
This is the first time in 2 or 3 years that I've wanted to look at the 600i again. If they did this right, I might be in for the exploration version - even though that would probably be my budget.
Upcoming 600i exploration module looks brilliant. Lots of cargo space, can fit a tank...large armory and same medical set-up as the Carrack = win. Also while talking about modules and such I CCU'd trained my way from a Mule to now a Caterpillar (quite happy with that, given the future cat potential)..every recent vid about the Caterpillar always mentions future proofing...and there's only so many fighters one person can own..

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
Check out the IAE official schedule for 22 November regarding Anvil:
The text says "Ready to take Anvil's newest ship for a spin?..."

Does that imply a new Anvil ship to add to the OP list above as well? The medical Pisces maybe?

Reactions: Vavrik

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
The text says "Ready to take Anvil's newest ship for a spin?..."

Does that imply a new Anvil ship to add to the OP list above as well? The medical Pisces maybe?
I don’t think there’s any reason to expect the medical Anvil Pisces C8R to be stock limited. I am really looking forward to seeing it, especially if it flies like the Pisces C8X.

Forgot your password?