IAE 2952 mystery ship?

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Check my spoiler above for the exact BIS colors ;)
Thanks...I missed that one :)

Now for the difficult part of IAE: Fleet and CCU planning, along with making sure I have enough of the BIS ships in my hangar for day 10 to ensure I get the number of skins (Pisces in particular) I want.

My main hope is that the WB CCU price for the MSR will be $245, so I can chain the Scorpius onto it - I need a few CCU's to the MSR for some of my chains and having 2 links available together at IAE would be nice.

Reactions: Blind Owl

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Thanks...I missed that one :)

Now for the difficult part of IAE: Fleet and CCU planning, along with making sure I have enough of the BIS ships in my hangar for day 10 to ensure I get the number of skins (Pisces in particular) I want.
Just FYI for others because it happened to me 2 years in a row with the BIS paint pack.

You need to buy BEFORE the BIS day the 4 finalists of the BIS if you want to get a BIS skin separately in hangar distributed AFTER IAE.

Buying BIS ships (labbeled as BIS during the BIS day) will NOT grant you a separate paint.

I had to go through support each time to get my paints in 2020 and 2021.

So if you want say a Carrack paint in your hangar, you need to have a Carrack before the BIS day in hangar.

CRISS9000

Space Marshal
Jul 13, 2016
RSI Handle
criss9000
Look like THE CORSAIR
with wings folded up to land and wings are just outside frame..
the ship from the OP has a clearly symmetrical shape, which the Corsair does not.
the ship from the OP has an angled rear, which the corsair does not.
the ship from the OP has *TINY* fins on the back, which the corsair does not.
the ship from the OP has one pair of VTOL thrusters, likely rotating, centrally located, which the corsair does not. those thrusters are also smaller than the ones that the corsair has, and the corsair's thrusters are located further back.

it's not the corsair.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Since they show the Corsair at 23 seconds into the video. I don’t think the sun shadowed ship is the Corsair, but there is a small chance it could be. That said. I expeft it to be something new.

however. I don’t think it’s going to be a big ship. While I can certainly be wrong, they usually release some sort of LTI token the first day or so. Now. Admittedly, we have had the Greycat racer as a good LTI token, but not everyone plans ahead like that, so something in the 50-65 dollar range might be in-store for one of the earlier days. That said, Drake will have some new vehicle.

Daak Gelrin

Grand Admiral
Donor
Feb 17, 2020
RSI Handle
Daak
I don't think the Pisces shown is a medical variant. I believe that's just the BIS paint scheme. It seems there's similar red/white on the wings of the Carrack as it jumps away.

My watery eyes may be wrong, but that's my take. Getting moar beer now... o7

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Personally, the style reminds me of RSI—both the Perseus and the Polaris. Yes, I’m familiar with all the differences, but if RSI were going to build a utility ship with no need for huge strapped on engines, it might look like this. I’m betting RSI, maybe a new salvage ship for that game loop reveal?

• Love

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
the ship from the OP has a clearly symmetrical shape, which the Corsair does not.
If you look closely at the, for want of a better word, "engines" mounted just behind the main, VTOL engines, the near-side one appears to be flush against\mounted partially inside the hull, with the hull having widened at that point. On the far side, however, the equivalent "engine" is mounted away from the hull (There is a gap between the "exhaust" end and the hull through which the sky is visible), which suggests the ship is not symetrical.

it's not the corsair.
I'm hoping it is the Corsair... I'm not sure how far my event budget can stretch with what is known to be on the way and the CCU's I want :)

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Just FYI for others because it happened to me 2 years in a row with the BIS paint pack.

You need to buy BEFORE the BIS day the 4 finalists of the BIS if you want to get a BIS skin separately in hangar distributed AFTER IAE.

Buying BIS ships (labbeled as BIS during the BIS day) will NOT grant you a separate paint.

I had to go through support each time to get my paints in 2020 and 2021.

So if you want say a Carrack paint in your hangar, you need to have a Carrack before the BIS day in hangar.
I only need to grab a Scorpius and an MSR (My Carrack cannot be melted, so there's no risk of missing the Carrack or Pisces skins... More Pisces would be nice, however), so was planning on picking them up on the respective event days - The 2 "F5" ships I would love to pick up with credits were the Pioneer and the Constellation Phoenix, with the Pioneer being prior to the Scorpius\MSR sales, so in the unlikely event that I "won" one, it could be melted to release the funds, which would cover the cost of the Scorpius, MSR, and Phoenix.

The problem for me at present is working out whether I should acquire one (or more) LTI STV's\Spirits while they are still available, or if there will be ships at IAE (and in 3.18 shortly afterwards) that I would like more...

It should be OK to melt the ships on\after BIS day to receive the skins while releasing the funds for other uses on the final days, though, shouldn't it?

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
It should be OK to melt the ships on\after BIS day to receive the skins while releasing the funds for other uses on the final days, though, shouldn't it?
From my experience you have to keep the ship in hangar till distribution after IAE. So it is blocking credits for that purpose.

Support was never clear about that, and melting a ship before the distribution led to ppl not having paint in the past.

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
The Phoenix is very easy to get. If not first wave, starting wave 2 it generally stays available for many many hours.
Thanks. It's good to know I may have a shot at that one at least (I'd much prefer to have the Pioneer if I could only acquire one of the 2, though) - I'm not a fan of the Constellations (and prefer LTI over 10 years), but for some reason I've been thinking it would make a good luxury explorer (If only for screenshots looking out the window).

If I get one it'll be going into the buyback queue 24 hours later as it's not a core component of my intended fleet: I just wnt to have the ability to add it to my "permanent" fleet should I get to the stage where it is "needed" one day.

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
From my experience you have to keep the ship in hangar till distribution after IAE. So it is blocking credits for that purpose.

Support was never clear about that, and melting a ship before the distribution led to ppl not having paint in the past.
Ouch...

Looks like it's time to put serious effort into planning day-by-day credit purchases for the event so that I have what I need in buy-back\hangar at the end, instead of relying on the last few days to make credit purchases as I had intended: Maybe I should buy a couple of STV's now and CCU up during the show to save some credits, then melt afterwards.

Who'd have thought planning for this event could be so complicated (Not being a "combat" player, Invictus mainly revolves around the CCU's rather than ship purchases for me - I'm glad they don't have a separate "Industry" event with only the ships that don't fit into Invictus).

Do you know if the BIS ship CCU's available on/after BIS day include the paints, etc., as this may be a cheaper way for people to get the skins if they are included.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Personally, the style reminds me of RSI—both the Perseus and the Polaris. Yes, I’m familiar with all the differences, but if RSI were going to build a utility ship with no need for huge strapped on engines, it might look like this. I’m betting RSI, maybe a new salvage ship for that game loop reveal?
This is what I want. A new salvager, somewhere between the Vulture and the Reclaimer.

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
Also remember that there's a 24H 'lock' you need to wait out before you can melt something you just bought, so plan for that too! Also I'm personally a big fan of the Phoenix; I hope you snag one and like it as much as I do! Very useful both solo and with a small crew, and just plain nice to be in and use. I only wish it'd give you a marker to find the thing again when you take off in the Archimedes!

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Also remember that there's a 24H 'lock' you need to wait out before you can melt something you just bought, so plan for that too! Also I'm personally a big fan of the Phoenix; I hope you snag one and like it as much as I do! Very useful both solo and with a small crew, and just plain nice to be in and use. I only wish it'd give you a marker to find the thing again when you take off in the Archimedes!
I'm rather experienced with the 24 hour lock between purchasing an item and being able to melt it, but thanks for mentioning it for those who may not have been aware of it... As the sales start at 3AM here, getting in on the first round of "limited" ships may not be possible for me even with the forced gap: I just realised that I may have to make sure I don't need to go into the office on day 6, too, as otherwise my minute possibility to get a Pioneer will be gone completely.

I'm not a fan of the Constellation family of ships for a number of reasons, but there are portions of the design of the Phoenix which I do like (and one or 2 specific to this variant which I don't) that make me think it worth acquiring - I just wish they'd give "limited" ships like it LTI rather than the standard insurance level available during the sale (10 years for IAE).

Forgot your password?