IAE Day 6 - Origin ships

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I still love my 600i. But we knew as soon as we saw the inside that it was hot garbage. I still retain hope that the experience learned with the 890j and now 400i that they will take it and completely redo the 600 interior as the ship silhouette of the 600 is still sweet.

I am not sure the starter ships are that bad and I wonder if they will always have a place in the game. I know I got myself a 100i to use as a runabout as it's fast and easy to get in and out of both landing pads as well as the ship itself.

Last edited:

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Some of the prettiest ships in the game:

Strongly disagree on the 300 series usefullness. I don't really have a choice but to defend it as it's my only ship larger than an Aurora lol (it's my OG backer pack)
Yeah it's kinda crap now, probably trash in PVP, but it works just fine as a starter bounty hunter ship IF you up-gun it as soon as possible. Before the total rebalance of weapons in 3.xx, I did manage to get as high as grinding Group Threat High Risk targets.
It's also fast enough to travel, use as a box runner (you have plenty of space inside), and looks fancy.

But yeah, I still want a 400i instead lol

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
Don't disregard the 100 Series. Best ships for package delivery or long time planetside touring. I originally bought my 125A as an LTI Token and ultimately melted all the upgrades away again to rebuy it as it is. No other smaller ship offers such great endurance to take in scenic views without having to worry about refueling all the time.

Edit: If they upgraded the 300series with the AIr Refinery feature those ships would become more interesting again. Especially the 315.

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
It's the 600i Exploration edition that comes with a G12, not the Touring as the Touring has no cargo bay that lowers to take the rover inside.

Reactions: Bambooza

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I'm also hoping that when they do the redesign of the 600i, that they'll leave the Captain's Quarters alone except for adding a switch that can change the large window that connects to that area to be shifted from completely clear, 1 way mirror so that those inside can see out but not be seen & completely opaque, similar to the glass panels in some ultra high end vehicles like a Maybach. The rest of the ship definitely needs an internal redesign to improve mobility through the ship. Popular suggestions that I've agreed with for the Exploration version are to move the navigation area to right behind the pilot's seat pillar and replace the location of the crew quarters with a Med bay as it would be right behind & connected to the cargo bay.

Reactions: Lorddarthvik

Sayora

Grand Admiral
Donor
Oct 23, 2018
RSI Handle
Sayora
Over the years I have slowly been turned to Origin ships. And now I have one ship from each "series" in my hanger and no ragrets! I use the 400i as my daily runabout and I love flying it. Not for everyone but I love my comforts, and I am not a dog fighter.

Forgot your password?