Idris & Javelin next in line to be hangar-ready after the Retaliator:

Sethious

Space Marshal
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
SethiousFel

When we had the old hangars, someone posted on Reddit that due to the massive number of ships he had in his hangar, it took him over 10 minutes to walk from one side to the other. I asked him to film it and put it on YouTube, but he never delivered. I would have liked to have seen that.
I remember when it took me exactly six minutes to run the full length of the hangar, but that was with the buggy track as well. I haven't logged in to the hangar since I deployed though so no idea what it looks like now with a shit ton of ships. I guess I could let Montoya log in and take a look.

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
I think it'd be cool if you could use the elevator in the R&Y Hangar to go to a lower/higher floor and the Idris/Javelin had it's own massive Hangar
Can't remember who from CIG said it, but this is exactly what they are doing. You will eventually have additional floors in your hangar with each floor having another five bays. This is how they are going to get around the massive lag from having too many rendered ships in one hangar like in the old days.

Reactions: Kratok

Kratok

Lieutenant
Dec 20, 2014
RSI Handle
Kratok

Can't remember who from CIG said it, but this is exactly what they are doing. You will eventually have additional floors in your hangar with each floor having another five bays. This is how they are going to get around the massive lag from having too many rendered ships in one hangar like in the old days.

I'm glad they've been taking their time with the ships. If they can make the Mustang Beta seem huge, I can only imagine how massive the cap ships will be

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
I'm glad they've been taking their time with the ships. If they can make the Mustang Beta seem huge, I can only imagine how massive the cap ships will be
They'll seem like cap ships should: able to blot out the sun over your enemies.

Reactions: Kratok

Kratok

Lieutenant
Dec 20, 2014
RSI Handle
Kratok
I'm just really anxious to walk around and explore my idris, as well as the javelin when we can explore our friends hangars(apparently coming soon) if anyone is nice enough to let us take a look around on them here

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
I can picture it now: A random player is humming along in a Mustang Beta when he notices a shadow creeping over his cockpit. He looks up and sees nothing but large metal panels. He goes into 3rd person view only to find himself directly under one of the front prongs of a TEST Javelin. A crackle comes over the radio and he hears...

"HI. TEST CAP SHIP, PLEASE IGNORE."

After it cruises by, the player then goes to his rear cabin to change out the spacesuit he just shit in.

Forgot your password?