Idris Redesign

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
...members that have not checked in yet.
They were told to stop by the front desk on their way up to check in and get their complimentary fruit basket and assorted bath beads, but alas they haven't.

Reactions: AstroSam

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Hm, its impressive - on the other hand I don't like it. This looks not like damaged but more like totally destroyed. I think, that there has to be more light, like neon emergeny lights or the like. With this illumination concept its way too easy to hide in dark corners and snipe down the other players. No fair gameplay possible.

Capt_Baldi

Grand Admiral
May 13, 2015
RSI Handle
Capt_Baldi
I can see your point with the total destruction of the ship Sam, but that's what this is.
A wreck of a TOTALLY damaged state of the Idris in space or crashed on a planet. That's what they said it was anyway.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't some in between states of the Idris as well.
Conditions like: Perfect | Lightly Damaged | Damaged | Heavily Damaged | Destroyed.

I can't wait to see more.. I was TOTALLY blown away by this weeks ATV.. Especially the part from 20:00 and onward. Damn..
I don't know if I can control the hype.. My hand is almost reaching for my wallet as I type.. Must resist.....

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Okay, thanks for information. I just watched that vid by the way while at work. The quality of the graphics is astonishing! But I missed the detail with "totally destroyed". Well, then I'm VERY curious about how the Idris will look like being in the "lighter" damage conditions.

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
Hm, its impressive - on the other hand I don't like it. This looks not like damaged but more like totally destroyed. I think, that there has to be more light, like neon emergeny lights or the like. With this illumination concept its way too easy to hide in dark corners and snipe down the other players. No fair gameplay possible.
A fair fight is not a fight, it's a sport.;)
It will be fun to sneak around there, depending on your flashlight but knowing it will give away your position.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Yeah, well, I think that this is not so easy as you write. The owners of an Idris (or equal) have to become a fair chance to defend their ship. This would not be the case in a scenario like the one shown in the video - right or wrong? I'm unsure. But saying this, as @TheUnknownDane wrote before, there seem to be other illumination settings for light(er) damages of the Idris (or other capital ships). I would really like to see them.

Beside of that, the water drops on the display at 0:22 are so...awesome. I definitely am in need of a new graphics card + monitor at the time when SC will be released :cool:

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
Yeah, well, I think that this is not so easy as you write. The owners of an Idris (or equal) have to become a fair chance to defend their ship. This would not be the case in a scenario like the one shown in the video - right or wrong? I'm unsure. But saying this, as @TheUnknownDane wrote before, there seem to be other illumination settings for light(er) damages of the Idris (or other capital ships). I would really like to see them.

Beside of that, the water drops on the display at 0:22 are so...awesome. I definitely am in need of a new graphics card + monitor at the time when SC will be released :cool:
I see what you mean. I guess I'm just assuming the video depicts an Idris after it has been destroyed or crashed. Instead of despawning or breaking into tiny pieces like fighters, it leaves a husk that salvagers can fight over.
I suspect we will see more more Idris soon (tm), especially since they are doing some kind of Idris movie set at the upcoming convention.

Forgot your password?