If I prefer Vodka to Beer...

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Just a quick organizational question. If I prefer Vodka to Beer (Generally Stoli, with the bottle kept in the freezer, as nature intended) does that mean I am supposed to be in the Eastern Bloc?

Granted I generally prefer Rum to Vodka, but for some reason the rum is always gone.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
You do you, dude.

With diversity comes strength - "Should I Push This Button" while drunk on beer can be answered very differently when drunk on Vodka or Rum. (While the answer is obviously the same "yes", the pushing the button can be done in so many ways with so many different body parts and items like bottles, broom handles, other peoples skulls etc.)

We even have members who don't drink at all. Fact is, the 'designated navigator' is an integral part of the vital functioning of Test: gotta have someone who can see straight enough to be able to tell the rest of 'em where to point the Auroras. Shepherding Testies is one of the most important jobs there is. (when it is in regards to TEST members, anyway.)

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
If I prefer Vodka to Beer (Generally Stoli, with the bottle kept in the freezer, as nature intended) does that mean I am supposed to be in the Eastern Bloc?
Nyet. It means you like good booze.

Granted I generally prefer Rum to Vodka, but for some reason the rum is always gone.
The Eastern Bloc probably drank it all. :grinning:
"Where's the Rum?"

Bourbon.........Kentucky Bourbon....... That's the real drink.

Heck man, beer (as much as we love it) is just a substitute for filthy water.
Come to think of it, that's probably why we love it.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Just a quick organizational question. If I prefer Vodka to Beer (Generally Stoli, with the bottle kept in the freezer, as nature intended) does that mean I am supposed to be in the Eastern Bloc?

do you speak russian?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Beer, vodka, rum, whiskey, scotch, women, men, pizza, life...
Everyone had their own vice or vices.

It's a melting-pot of awesome here at TEST. Choose your own adventure, and enjoy every minute.

PS - why is the rum gone?

Maxgerber5250

Grand Admiral
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Capt-Spicer
Yeah the Rum is always gone cause your a pirate. I have the same problem, but I have found a solution to that problem. Side job of fixing small problems on cars for friends at work. No money just buy me a bottle of Rum. Now I have another problem. I need to stop fixing cars or drink more Rum.

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
If you like making mixed drinks with Vodka you'll probably like swopping the Vodka for Everclear. It's not watered down like Vodka since it's 190 proof, or 95% alcohol Vs the average Vodka I see being about 80 proof or 40% alcohol. The thing is you just do the math right and you're putting the same amount of alcohol in the drink, but you don't get that 55% water that comes with Vodka watering down your drink. Your drinks will taste more like the flavor mixers and less like the alcohol but have the same amount of alcohol.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everclear_(alcohol)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everclear_(alcohol)

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank

I've got 3 bottles of Vodka, 2 bottles of Rum, and 1 very small bottle of Tequila in my freezer right now. Not a single drop of beer in my house. I'm not on the Eastern Bloc either... mostly because I don't speak Russian (though I wish I could). What you drink is irrelevant. What is relevant is how you want to play the game. Just join whatever suits you best. Beer just happens to be what most people drink, so it brings people together.

(Note: I'm allergic to alcohol and stop breathing when I drink so all of this is clearly for guests and free trips to the morgue.)

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
do you speak russian?
I am a bit rusty, but it cost the US tax payer roughly $100,000 for me to learn Russian. :slight_smile: Former 97EL30RU/CX. :slight_smile:

I learned to drink Vodka at DLIFLC, Monterey, California. :slight_smile:

Note that, as is usually the case, the quantity and quality of the Vodka determines the quality and quantity of the Russian. :)

Last edited:

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
You are implying I would pollute Stoli.

For that I have a bottle of Smirnoff around. Smirnoff, Cointreau and Lime Juice (aka a Kamikaze) right before ramming another ship. :slight_smile:

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Beer, vodka, rum, whiskey, scotch, women, men, pizza, life...
Everyone had their own vice or vices.

It's a melting-pot of awesome here at TEST. Choose your own adventure, and enjoy every minute.

PS - why is the rum gone?
Elizabeth Swan and Captain Jack Sparrow.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
I am a bit rusty, but it cost the US tax payer roughly $100,000 for me to learn Russian. :slight_smile: Former 97EL30RU/CX. :slight_smile:

I learned to drink Vodka at DLIFLC, Monterey, California. :slight_smile:

Note that, as is usually the case, the quantity and quality of the Vodka determines the quality and quantity of the Russian. :slight_smile:
i know some of those letters and numbers.... like, theres a 97.....and a 30.

Forgot your password?