If you melt all your ships ...

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
So actually it is something i'm currently doing, buying some stuff from greymarket that i cant get outside of special sale events, melting them and rebuying them for myself with cash to get concierge levels. And with the remaining store credit i get from that, i buy stuff from the shop that i intend to keep for myself (since account bound).

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
This....
If you melt them all and buy back with real money, so no buyback token- store credit, then yes its adds to the concierge
And...
The amount of ship own don't relate to your concierge ..
it's the amount of cash you put in as backer, once that passed 1K you are concierge whether you have game pack, ships or not..

When the total amount you backed pass 1K here you are concierge..

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/account/billing ...(scroll down to see total backed)

CHEERS!

Edit:
You can buy mearch for 1K and become concierge or only sub... etc..
Only thing the game pack does is give you access to download and play the game.. ;)
Stand alone ships do not give access minimum one game pack is needed..

Last edited:

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
... and then (somehow) were able to buy them all back, does it change your concierge level? I was asked this question by a friend and I didn't know the answer.
if you buy them back with cash yes.
If you buy them back with the store credit, no.

Store credit once the game is live stays store credit, they will have to stay reasonable/follow applicable law where they do business.
They can't just wipe your pledge money, without giving you anything in return.
I would not worry about it.

UEC purchases though, I made the mistake during Voyager Direct days of buying $1000 worth of UEC and VD items.
Well... compared to the same money value proposition of using that money to pledge for a ship, it is tantamount to throwing money away or burning it.
I am really pissed at myself for falling in that trap... so...
If I would give anyone advice at this stage,
Only buy PLEDGES, do not buy UEC, IF you want to stretch your money as far as possible for in-game value.

They will not let you refund UEC or VD purchases into store credit, I have tried.

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

Store credit once the game is live stays store credit, they will have to stay reasonable/follow applicable law where they do business.

UEC purchases though, I made the mistake during Voyager Direct days of buying $1000 worth of UEC and VD items.
Well... compared to the same money value proposition of using that money to pledge for a ship, it is tantamount to throwing money away or burning it.
Only buy PLEDGES, do not buy UEC, IF you want to stretch your money as far as possible for in-game value.

They will not let you refund UEC or VD purchases into store credit, I have tried.
Good tip there on UEC and the old Voyager Direct purchases. I bought about 100k UEC on VD items so wasn't hit too hard when that all changed but $1000 worth of UEC... at least you won't need to do any missions to griund up credits if you want to go to Nemo to look at the Space Whale asteroid.

From what I last heared, Gift Cards others may get you don't go toward your Concierge total either so if that is your aim ask for your Christmas Money to be in dough rather than saying you like SC and would appreciate a gift card. From what I last heared about them, someone wanting to buy a gift card has to make an RSI account and jump through hoops too, so it's generally a fruitless pain in the arse from beginning to end for all involved.

Last edited:

Slo

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2015
RSI Handle
SLØ

I made the mistake with the UEC as well.. I was going for a million UEC. Buy some every month and it adds up.. then I did the math. Selling 1 ship ingame is MUCH easier on your wallet than paying cash for the same amount of UEC.
Live and learn

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
This....
And...
The amount of ship own don't relate to your concierge ..
it's the amount of cash you put in as backer, once that passed 1K you are concierge whether you have game pack, ships or not..

When the total amount you backed pass 1K here you are concierge..

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/account/billing ...(scroll down to see total backed)
CHEERS!
Edit: You can buy mearch for 1K and become concierge or only sub... etc..
Only thing the game pack does is give you access to download and play the game.. ;)
Stand alone ships do not give access minimum one game pack is needed..
I think the OP was about leveling concierge level, not just reaching it. So i am assuming the friend of @Slo who was asking that is already beyond the 1000$ treshold.

And again to reply to OP, you can melt ship again and again and buy them back with real cash, it will increase your concierge level and the associated rewards we are all aiming for ^^ (1000 - 2500 - 5000 - 10000 - 15000 - 25000). You can even melt the same ship and buy it back forever if you have money you want to throw just for concierge levels ;)

edit : Oh and VAT counts towards concierge levels too.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I think the OP was about leveling concierge level, not just reaching it. So i am assuming the friend of @Slo who was asking that is already beyond the 1000$ treshold.

And again to reply to OP, you can melt ship again and again and buy them back with real cash, it will increase your concierge level and the associated rewards we are all aiming for ^^ (1000 - 2500 - 5000 - 10000 - 15000 - 25000). You can even melt the same ship and buy it back forever if you have money you want to throw just for concierge levels ;)

edit : Oh and VAT counts towards concierge levels too.
Yeah I know what OP was about did you even read my post including the quote's ha ha ha ha ha....

you're drunk ha ha.. 🤪 😂

🍻

Reactions: Scape and vahadar

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
I made the mistake with the UEC as well.. I was going for a million UEC. Buy some every month and it adds up.. then I did the math. Selling 1 ship ingame is MUCH easier on your wallet than paying cash for the same amount of UEC.
Live and learn
maybe i'm wrong, but we don't have a definitive answer if we can sell ships bought with real money ingame.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
maybe i'm wrong, but we don't have a definitive answer if we can sell ships bought with real money ingame.
My stockpile of Aurora MR's is suddenly looking a little bit of a shaky investment.

1601962532941.png

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
What if you melt an old one, then buy a new one for $25 (cash and store credit)?

Lol.
If you add another $4 new money and use $21 store credit, another $4 goes on your ledger.

For CCU's, the value of the new cash for CCU goes on your ledger, not the full value of the existing ship with the CCU attached - the value of the existing ship is already on your ledger anyway. If you get the CCU with store credit, no additional funds are attached to your ledger because you provided no additional funds.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
This is not rocket science geee...!

Only real cash in to you account add toward next level backing, be it concierge... etc....

The only thing that count NEW CASH! doesn't matter what you buy as long as it is NEW CASH in!

There is no more complication about it....

NEW CASH counts, credit don't !

CHEERS! 🍻

Reactions: Scape
Forgot your password?