If you'd told me in 2016

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
[If you'd told me in 2016] that we'd have the Aerospace Expo as a destination to go to, explore and enjoy in game, I'd genuinely have not have believed you.

Next year some NPC stalls selling in game stuff would be the finishing touch of polish, but otherwise... well, it's just made me pause and think and it's the first time i've had a sense of this that wasn't just more marketing: holy hell, we are actually helping something huge to happen here.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
[If you'd told me in 2016] that we'd have the Aerospace Expo as a destination to go to, explore and enjoy in game, I'd genuinely have not have believed you.

Next year some NPC stalls selling in game stuff would be the finishing touch of polish, but otherwise... well, it's just made me pause and think and it's the first time i've had a sense of this that wasn't just more marketing: holy hell, we are actually helping something huge to happen here.
just curious whats so important about the expo?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I think it's that every so often somthing happens that is as close to "Real" or perhaps a better word is "Tangible" as we are going to get in this game.

Here is a hole hill of Lore that explains why things are the way they are. Doesn't mean that there are going to be any signs of that in the product - but then there it is. "in the flesh" or as close can be in a computer game.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I'm just surprised and delighted to see something that otherwise exists just to wrap a sales event up in a fancy wrapper become an actual point of focus, an event, something I can actually go to and attend.

Imagine a Citizen Con - where the keynote is broadcast in the game... we can all go to a cinema in Hurston and sit down with our popcorn and watch the keynote in game broadcast on the big screen and you can chat with the others there about what you are seeing almost as if you'd managed to get to Germany or Manchester or Texas or wherever the event was happening that year...

It's not just potential, it's potential made real. (or as real as we are ever going to get in a computer game)

Thinking hard about it the last time I felt like this was when Moons came in, but it wasn't as strong then... I've only ever done the ICC Tessa missions so maybe this is the first real place I've had to go, and for no other reason than to be and to witness and to sample and enjoy 🙂

I always knew we were helping to fund something different and something big... but this feels really new and totally huge which I haven't had since Carmageddon, GTA3 and Minecraft.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I can't wait for the full sized expo to be released as an ingame event. Obviously years away.
I'm hoping the last day when all manufactures are live.... one can hope :)
Yeah, this is a very cool evolution. Next year, I imagine, will be a mix of this year, and last year: with a Grand Tour style presentation.
I am super surprised no one has used FOIP to make some funnies like that.

Reactions: Deroth

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I think the Expo was cool for 2 reasons:
1. The first (of many to come in the future, I would think) in-game "live event" to be experienced in real time, and
2. The ability to rent ships...seemingly any flyable ship (even if for just 24 hours)...really shows how far they have gotten with the item sale/rental system, and that they are listening to their fans.

In the future it will be even better when the server limit increases...can you imagine having an in-game TEST Squadron / Best Squardon convention? Where we could literally have thousands of TESTise show up? THAT would be cool!

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
I think the Expo was cool for 2 reasons:
1. The first (of many to come in the future, I would think) in-game "live event" to be experienced in real time, and
2. The ability to rent ships...seemingly any flyable ship (even if for just 24 hours)...really shows how far they have gotten with the item sale/rental system, and that they are listening to their fans.

In the future it will be even better when the server limit increases...can you imagine having an in-game TEST Squadron / Best Squardon convention? Where we could literally have thousands of TESTise show up? THAT would be cool!
all lined up in rows saluting our glorious leader @Montoya ? Of course.

Kaiserz

Commander
Oct 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Kaiserz
they have at least 207 million dollars.... they MUST, develop something really fucking awesome.... i'm still waiting to be able to rise a cup of coffee... i saw that in a trailer like 4 years ago, and still can't do it...

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
they have at least 207 million dollars.... they MUST, develop something really fucking awesome.... i'm still waiting to be able to rise a cup of coffee... i saw that in a trailer like 4 years ago, and still can't do it...
Who needs coffee when we have Whisky -the booze is in the game already, thats getting the priorities right. :)

Forgot your password?