IFCS 2.0 - Flight Model changes coming in 2.0 - New CIG info post

Slycer

Space Marshal
Apr 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Slycer42
Some extremely interesting changes that are happening. I am very interesting how this will change my Beloved Avenger.

Also, makes me think that 2.0 might be closer than I originally thought. I was thinking Dec/Jan.

Reactions: Unshaven

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I'm really looking forward to this. It'll make stripping your ship for racing, or building an agile dogfighter much more interesting..

Reactions: honcho12

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Sounds like strafing will be a more gradual move as opposed to the current swift jerky movement. The more you apply the thrust, the faster you will move in that direction until you hit the limit.

Im interested to see if they give more thrust to pitch than to the yaw on the larger ships, which could force you to roll into a turn.

Unshaven

Commander
May 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Unshaven
Sounds like strafing will be a more gradual move as opposed to the current swift jerky movement. The more you apply the thrust, the faster you will move in that direction until you hit the limit.

Im interested to see if they give more thrust to pitch than to the yaw on the larger ships, which could force you to roll into a turn.

Sort of like the pitch response in the Aurora game you have to play in order to become a Testie? :)

I've been waiting for something to move forward on the modular ship component front. I'd love to see if it's possible to take the power plant and shields from the Gladiator and stuff them into the Gladius.

Maybe we'll see more cool ship components roll out after they make the back end changes to the control systems.

Last edited:

chimpdaddy

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2015
RSI Handle
Chimpdaddy
Some extremely interesting changes that are happening. I am very interesting how this will change my Beloved Avenger.

Also, makes me think that 2.0 might be closer than I originally thought. I was thinking Dec/Jan.

I didn't read the link yet (just finished the patriots game and need to go to bed) but what did you see that might possibly affect the Avenger? I just upgraded to it and love it...hope not to lose something.

Unshaven

Commander
May 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Unshaven
I didn't read the link yet (just finished the patriots game and need to go to bed) but what did you see that might possibly affect the Avenger? I just upgraded to it and love it...hope not to lose something.
Just a short synapses of what I saw (I'm probably missing stuff so don't take this as gospel). I haven't read through all the text yet, just watched the video.

They are adding multiple control authority modes for various flight segments. I.E. Precision for landing maneuvering, asteroid field navigation, etc. Scaling up to high speed transiting. Also they are modifying the control mathematics. It sounds like they are trying to decrease the lag felt during certain maneuvers (like slowing down) trying to make it more realistic and offer more adjustablity. They are also adding additional components (values) to the calculations taking place as well as modifying the max speed so it can be increased beyond rated max based on acceleration and sub-components. Adding in afterburner too in addition to boost.

They say the feel of all the ships will change.

Just another step along the way...

Now I'm wondering if you will be able to steer a Retaliator at a cap ship in cruise and eject right before impact....

I could see that being pretty comical from the cap ship perspective. All these ships whizzing by you (missing). WTF was that? Or coming across a ship somewhere that's unmanned and out of fuel drifting. A leftover from the pilot bailing out and failing to hit the target.

Last edited:

Czechmate

Admiral
Feb 16, 2015
RSI Handle
Czechmate8
There will have to be a limiting factor for kamikaze runs. Because otherwise battles will literally be massive fleets of auroras cruise jousting.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I endorse this product or service

that said, there's a fine line between meaningful improvements and feature creep

so far I'm trusting CR to stay on the right side of that line

gladestone

Vice Admiral
Mar 8, 2015
RSI Handle
gladestone
Very interesting... Use a ship you have LTI on as a giant missile :)
See one can do that but once you do you wont know how long it will take to order a new one..You might be hours or days till you get that ship back.It wont be like elite dangerous where u spawn back in the station..

Sethious

Space Marshal
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
SethiousFel
They said you will lose your LTI if you do this, remember
When did they say this? I have a feeling that that would be a tough sell. Oh yeah, we will replace your ship unless you do something crazy with it then no. I understand the insurance fraud thing, but not so much if you destroy it by ramming something.

Reactions: honcho12

NeoHelios_SC

Vice Admiral
Apr 18, 2015
RSI Handle
NeoHelios_SC
"...from a jerky sports car to a smooth luxury car..."
Sooo, nerfed fixed mounts and buffed gimbal mounts, then? Because ship combat is anything BUT "smooth and luxurious" like some goddamn shampoo commercial! ...that about right?

Glad I haven't converted my Super Hornet "gimble boat", yet. MKB FTW

Although coupled with ship hacking, I think it would be really interesting if they make it possible to disengage the "collision safeties" and force a ship into quantum drive! Run-away train scenario!!

honcho12

Space Marshal
Oct 12, 2014
RSI Handle
honcho12
When did they say this? I have a feeling that that would be a tough sell. Oh yeah, we will replace your ship unless you do something crazy with it then no. I understand the insurance fraud thing, but not so much if you destroy it by ramming something.
Yeah, I remember them saying if you keep getting blown up, it might take longer to get your ship replaced, but I don't remember them saying they'd take away LTI...

BubbleKing

Grand Admiral
Feb 26, 2015
RSI Handle
BubbleKing
The changes discussed all seem well planned and likely to enhance the flight model. Pretty exciting to hear what their latest vision is for ship movement!

I hope they can get AC 2.0 out sometime in the next 12 months, all the naysayers will fade away and we can start properly playing some space pew. :cool:

Forgot your password?