Im so pumped for 2.0 public release!

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Ive been watching other peoples videos and giggling with glee!

I just got the invite to the PTU, but I think they are aiming for a public release this week if the FPS issues are resolved.

I cant wait to get in there and do a first reaction video to flying the Constellation and Retaliator!

How are you guys enjoying it so far?

Crashes happening less often?

Im hearing 2-3hr play sessions going by smoothly now.

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
all aboard the hypetrain *sing* XD

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Is anyone else upset by the fact that I'm not playing the PTU yet? Ha.
In all seriousness though, this can't come soon enough.

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
If you are not playing the PTU, be happy. As great fun as the PTU has been I'm kind of aware that my first impression of Crusader has been a buggy crashy mess.

I'm happy to have tried it, and happy to be part of the process of fixing it (especially as I have a high cit#), but I'm also a little envious of those of you who will first try the public release and experience something far more polished.

First reactions are always something special, the first time I was flying in someone's Connie, looking out the window as we Quantum jumped... Words fail me.

Guss De Blöd

Admiral
Donor
Jul 22, 2015
RSI Handle
gussdeblod
2.0 Hype ? is that the good thread ? are we talking about how bad we want the 2.0 to be released ? because I WANT TO

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
#2.0HYPE

Hopefully in time for Christmas. This will be the conversation with my kids:

"Sorry kids, Christmas has been postponed, 2.0 has gone public."

JBWill

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 11, 2014
RSI Handle
JBWill
I'm definitely crashing a lot more on H (my play sessions range from 10 minutes to like 45 whereas on the previous patch I pretty much had zero crashes) but man the performance is SO much smoother than anything I've had in the game before. Last night was the first time I actually hopped in with a friend of mine for some shenanigans, and even though we were rarely actually able to get into the same server together, I lost like 4 hours to just dicking around. I can't wait for it to be stable.

Lockhearts

Commander
Oct 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Lockhearts
oh man, you're star citizen 209k I'm 243k so close to being invited myself xD
assuming of course they're still inviting on star citizen id

Frisbeerocker

Commissar
May 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Frisbeerocker87
The longest play session I have managed so far was taking 7 steps from my bed, then total lockup.

Before that, I got in and woke up, only to find my keyboard inputs weren't being recognized anymore, so I had to hard reboot.

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
We streamed over 45 mins straight on the latest version with no issues. But then again, quite a few errors before in a 2 hour period

Stee Jans

Grand Admiral
Sep 1, 2015
RSI Handle
SteeJans
I got my invite on the 20th but didn't even try to get in till my new gpu arrived. After that, I kicked ass in my hornet ghost. I think my longest run was roughly 2 hours before crash. Nearly that entire time I was searching the asteroid belt for the derelict tali. It was bugs more often than crashes that forced me to restart. Like getting stuck in airlocks.. that happened repeatedly.

Harkuno

Sticker King
May 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkuno
oh man, you're star citizen 209k I'm 243k so close to being invited myself xD
assuming of course they're still inviting on star citizen id

So hyped to find out what all this 2.0 hype is all about! :D

Looking forward to getting a better idea of what the game will be like on release (even if it is a narrow view)

fallen

Rear Admiral
Oct 16, 2014
RSI Handle
fallen
Ive been watching other peoples videos and giggling with glee!

I just got the invite to the PTU, but I think they are aiming for a public release this week if the FPS issues are resolved.

I cant wait to get in there and do a first reaction video to flying the Constellation and Retaliator!

How are you guys enjoying it so far?

Crashes happening less often?

Im hearing 2-3hr play sessions going by smoothly now.
I've been avoiding all of the PTU 2.0 stuff so I can experience the release and experience the awesome all at once. I have EMS on standby in case my head explodes.

TalonZorch

Ensign
Dec 6, 2015
RSI Handle
Talon_Zorch
I hope that they put double effort in releasing it to the public since their "mistake" with the video at the game awards. But on the other hand they made the game free to play up to the 14th of december, so I would guess the pu will hit the shelves after this event.

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
After PTU testing all week and doing much research in other testers 'Crash' problems, I can say that 2.0 is much more stable for most people and improving.

The most common CDT, at this point, appears to be related to CPU core usage (generated by the servers). No long & boring info, just know that CIG has all the info from testers and are working on resolving this issue. Currently, this is the most major 'Blocker' and I am optimistic that 2.0 will be released with the next week.

The experience is well worth the wait. With the massively increased map, improved flight mechanics, multi-crew for everyone (loaners provided) and the beginning of missions, the entire experience is way beyond even my expectations. And I have very high expectations.

Will there still be bugs? Of course, we are in a testing phase of development and that is the reason (supposedly) that we are playing right now. As we have been PTU testing, we prioritized the problems mostly to the server/client side crashes. Better know as blockers. Many bugs have been fixed over the past week but several remain.

Please remember to use the Issue Council to report and validate any problems that you discovery. If you truly want to help make this a better experience for us all. Sooner rather than later.

Sorry for rambling, I just thought that I would let you all know why 2.0 is and where I believe that it is going.

Now, I hope that at least some of you will give poor 'ol Cosmic an invite to crew on your Connies and Retaliators. Thanks in advance.

War Pig

Space Marshal
Dec 11, 2014
RSI Handle
ShinzoAnnigans
After watching BNB and Grakees streams, I can tell that 2.0 is definitely more stable now than it was a week ago and that is a huge improvement. I am fine waiting for the public release instead of chomping at the bit for a PTU invite. I've been an early adopter for years and it is hard work to integrate something as buggy as an early ALPHA build into every day stable usage. I am fine watching others go thru the frustrations knowing that their sacrifice is our gain. PTU is for testers, not players right now. Everyone should just sit back, crack a beer, and get your rocks off thru Twitch for now.

Citizen 334484

Forgot your password?