Piracy [In-Game Occupation] Let's raise the Black Flag! (TEST Piracy)

Mettan

Admiral
Dec 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Metan
Well, I plan on making a go at living as a pirating regardless. Some games make it more possible than others though. In Elite Dangerous the amount of money I can making pirating doesn't even compare to what I can make bounty hunting, so I did not stick with it. In SC, however, I already have kick ass ships with LTI, so I imagine it will be more amusing to make money off of griefing carebear traders.

Last edited:

NeoHelios_SC

Vice Admiral
Apr 18, 2015
RSI Handle
NeoHelios_SC
So piracy in mind, would it be most wise to have at least TWO combat ships? One for active, and one for insurance "cooldown"? I mean it just seems to make sense.

On that note, what are some suggestions? Assuming the current state, how about two gladiators? Spam missiles, and suicide / eject, then grab your second ship...? I for one think the death mechanic is basically moot. Losing limbs & getting cybered up? Passing assets down to heirs? That's not any more a "penalty" than slapping people on the wrist with a "currency penalty" from replacing limbs and a corpse run "inconvenience penalty" by running through the character generator process for your heir. But I digress...

How many ships do you plan to have on rotation? Will they be the same?

Serious Table

Admiral
Nov 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Serious_Table
So piracy in mind, would it be most wise to have at least TWO combat ships? One for active, and one for insurance "cooldown"? I mean it just seems to make sense.

On that note, what are some suggestions? Assuming the current state, how about two gladiators? Spam missiles, and suicide / eject, then grab your second ship...? I for one think the death mechanic is basically moot. Losing limbs & getting cybered up? Passing assets down to heirs? That's not any more a "penalty" than slapping people on the wrist with a "currency penalty" from replacing limbs and a corpse run "inconvenience penalty" by running through the character generator process for your heir. But I digress...

How many ships do you plan to have on rotation? Will they be the same?
I plan, preferably, to NOT lose ships. But the ones I have in mind are the Cutlass (assuming she gets upped to combat-worthy levels eventually; if not, maybe a Vanguard) and a Caterpillar. Possibly a second-hand Hornet or something if running with TEST and we just need guns.

Mettan

Admiral
Dec 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Metan
So piracy in mind, would it be most wise to have at least TWO combat ships? One for active, and one for insurance "cooldown"?
Sure there will be a lot of guys who need crew, so I don't think you will find yourself marooned at port - but yes, having more that one ship would solve that problem too. Though I am not too worried about that myself, I have thirteen ships =?

As far as ships to use - I donno, I am still waiting to see just how effective single seat fighters will be in low sec space seeing as they are meant to operate from some type of base.

honcho12

Space Marshal
Oct 12, 2014
RSI Handle
honcho12
Spam missiles, and suicide / eject, then grab your second ship...? I for one think the death mechanic is basically moot.
I think they're going to try to keep people from doing that, because it'd make for pretty shitty gameplay. They've said that even with LTI, if you keep getting your ship blown up it'll take longer and longer to get replaced.

As for dying, they've said there'll be a tax on what you pass down to your heir, as well as a hit to reputation with different groups. So your heir might have a harder time getting pirate gigs, or have a harder time finding a fence.

Mettan

Admiral
Dec 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Metan
As for dying, they've said there'll be a tax on what you pass down to your heir, as well as a hit to reputation with different groups. So your heir might have a harder time getting pirate gigs, or have a harder time finding a fence.
Aka, they are going to make sure dying really sucks balls. I heard that they will be adding some component to let you buy lives back (in game currency), is that confirmed? I would like to keep my character alive as long a s possible.

Mettan

Admiral
Dec 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Metan
Is there a head count of how many pirates are in test, or how many crews we have that will be pirating? For instance me and my friend Daizen are main members in test and will be pirating together, we have a group of ten friends or so who will be flying with us as affiliates and we would most likely constitute a crew.
Perhaps its a bit too soon to be asking though.

Last edited:

Kersakov

Rear Admiral
Donor
Apr 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Kersakov
Is there a head count of how many pirates are in test, or how many crews we have that will be pirating? For instance me and my friend Daizen are main members in test and will be pirating together, we have a group of ten friends or so who will be flying with us as affiliates and we would most likely constitute a crew.
Perhaps its a bit to soon to be asking though.
I don't think we have any sort of head count right now, hence the stuff myself and @Reptar Khan are doing. We're hoping to find out ballpark numbers, styles and what sized groups people plan to work in etc.

Reactions: Reptar Khan

Mettan

Admiral
Dec 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Metan
I don't think we have any sort of head count right now, hence the stuff myself and @Reptar Khan are doing. We're hoping to find out ballpark numbers, styles and what sized groups people plan to work in etc.
If you have a google doc or a survey or something I would be happy to fill it out for you guys.

Reactions: Kersakov
Forgot your password?