Info on Ship systems management

Max Caliber

Commander
Nov 2, 2018
RSI Handle
Max Caliber
Does anyone know if there is a guide or video that breaks down the different controls and setting do on the ships various screens? like I can see how you can specify shield strength to different areas, and focusing power to different systems, but would love to know if anyone has built a more comprehensive guide to what everything does from within a ship cockpit?

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Does anyone know if there is a guide or video that breaks down the different controls and setting do on the ships various screens? like I can see how you can specify shield strength to different areas, and focusing power to different systems, but would love to know if anyone has built a more comprehensive guide to what everything does from within a ship cockpit?
You can try searching youtube for something like this. No one has made anything super specific on this topic, to my knowledge. A lot of the layout is pretty self explanatory on the ship HUDs. If you need further clarification, you can see if any of the other testies are playing in our Discord server and team up with them.

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee
I don't think there is really much certainty on some of that stuff right now. They're making changing to that stuff as we speak so anything written right now probably wouldn't be the same in the next patch, especially with wear and tear becoming a thing.

I think it is safe to say for now doing something like increasing the power allotment to the shields would get them recharging faster, or sending it to the engines will increase acceleration. You can get more granular control of systems and overclock things like weapons or minging lasers to increase the output of them, but I don' t think there is a lot of concrete data on exactly what that does.

Max Caliber

Commander
Nov 2, 2018
RSI Handle
Max Caliber
You can try searching youtube for something like this. No one has made anything super specific on this topic, to my knowledge. A lot of the layout is pretty self explanatory on the ship HUDs. If you need further clarification, you can see if any of the other testies are playing in our Discord server and team up with them.
Thanks man, I'll check out the discord server this weekend.

Reactions: DarthMunkee

Max Caliber

Commander
Nov 2, 2018
RSI Handle
Max Caliber
I don't think there is really much certainty on some of that stuff right now. They're making changing to that stuff as we speak so anything written right now probably wouldn't be the same in the next patch, especially with wear and tear becoming a thing.

I think it is safe to say for now doing something like increasing the power allotment to the shields would get them recharging faster, or sending it to the engines will increase acceleration. You can get more granular control of systems and overclock things like weapons or minging lasers to increase the output of them, but I don' t think there is a lot of concrete data on exactly what that does.
I kind of figured this was the case. thanks for your feedback!

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Does anyone know if there is a guide or video that breaks down the different controls and setting do on the ships various screens?
No one has made anything super specific on this topic, to my knowledge.
They're making changing to that stuff as we speak so anything written right now probably wouldn't be the same in the next patch
Yeah, I just wanted to say that.

especially with wear and tear becoming a thing.
Wear and tear maybe is of influence on the components, but I don't think that it will influence MFD functionality.

I think it is safe to say for now doing something like increasing the power allotment to the shields would get them recharging faster, or sending it to the engines will increase acceleration.
Shield MFD does that. Power allocation from what I learned really influences power priority. If there is enough power, then every component gets its power. Engines use more power when manoeuvring, shields need more power when recharging, weapons use more power when shooting. When you shoot, your shields get hit and are recharging and you try to evade, then it can be that your powerplant can't deliver the demand of power to all components. That is the point where power allocation comes in play. In that case you better allocate some extra power to the engines. If the engines shut down, then your power plant also shuts down. That is not very good.

Reactions: Bambooza

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee
I really hope we don't have to worry about MFDs breaking in the future. I was thinking more that if you crank up the power to the thrusters, for example, they will wear out faster. The problem is we have no idea how any of that is going to work yet. Sure you might be able to dump all your excess power into that M6A mounted to the spine of your Bucc and even OC it to get more damage out of it, but you might only get one shot. But what a glorious fireball you will create in the sky.

Forgot your password?