Inside Star Citizen: Spartan Warrior | Fall 2021

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Have to say the ground battle and logistics of this game are growing. Now CIG just needs to give us reasons to put boots on the ground.
I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out the pros of using something like the Spartan versus an air/space borne dropship like a Valkyrie or Prowler.

Tight canyons, caves where ships have no room to maneuver? Outposts where aerial assets are easily shot out of the sky?

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I'm curious what the cost of the Spartan will be & hoping that it'll be low enough to count as the low cost ship ($125-$175) of this event with the RAFT as mid ($225-$350) & the Odyssey as high end ($400-$500). These are obviously my own best guesses in cost since I have no clue.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
I'm curious what the cost of the Spartan will be & hoping that it'll be low enough to count as the low cost ship ($125-$175) of this event with the RAFT as mid ($225-$350) & the Odyssey as high end ($400-$500). These are obviously my own best guesses in cost since I have no clue.
I think it'll have to be less than $100. Gotta have them LTI tokens ready to go for the Expo!

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out the pros of using something like the Spartan versus an air/space borne dropship like a Valkyrie or Prowler.

Tight canyons, caves where ships have no room to maneuver? Outposts where aerial assets are easily shot out of the sky?
Well, they did talk about how strong anti-air installations will be as well as weather effects that will make flying difficult. They could even do something out of the playbook of Starwars with large shields and ion cannons that will fry the flying ability of ships causing them to drop out of the sky and crash.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Well, they did talk about how strong anti-air installations will be as well as weather effects that will make flying difficult. They could even do something out of the playbook of Starwars with large shields and ion cannons that will fry the flying ability of ships causing them to drop out of the sky and crash.
Here's hoping. I really want ground combat to be well....worth it. Combined arms and all that.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I think it'll have to be less than $100. Gotta have them LTI tokens ready to go for the Expo!
You can fit two on a C2 or M2 then, and one on an A2. That's a loot of ground firepower.

I think you might be right, considering the Ballista is $140.
I'm really hoping that you're both right, because that would be all the more awesome.

With them improving the AI combat functionality as well as adding in this new medical game play & having some bunker missions be where you have to clear out a base, then hold off a counter assault, having more people in your group to cover more options / functions will really come in handy. Storming the place with a pair of fully loaded Spartans, dropping off the troops & returning to the ship for their safety might become the SOP for certain ground missions.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
I'm really hoping that you're both right, because that would be all the more awesome.

With them improving the AI combat functionality as well as adding in this new medical game play & having some bunker missions be where you have to clear out a base, then hold off a counter assault, having more people in your group to cover more options / functions will really come in handy. Storming the place with a pair of fully loaded Spartans, dropping off the troops & returning to the ship for their safety might become the SOP for certain ground missions.
Imagine a multiplayer ground/air combined arms version of say Xenothreat....wouldn't that be cool!

'glares at a Youtube video of Theatres of War'

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Imagine a multiplayer ground/air combined arms version of say Xenothreat....wouldn't that be cool!

I'm looking forward to a Xeno Threat style event where the Fighter ships of the Xeno faction launch from within the Idris, which would require it's hangar doors to open to launch or receive their fighters. At the same time, that would be perfect times for ships like the Eclipse or Ret to launch their torps through those to cause maximum damage internally.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza

I know, this tease about Theaters of war being ready. People at Citizencon 2019 were playing it and then nothing it's as if it disappeared.

Fully loaded Spartans, Nova's, and a Ballista or two if the operation is big enough. The other option would be to use an A2 to drop off a Spartan before softening up the target. In all cases, I am not sure I'd pull back the Spartans as they look effective at adding covering fire if needed.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I'm quite happy that I was wrong about the price that I suspected the Spartan might be sold at during this event. $65 w/ LTI standalone is a good deal, especially for how many geared troops you can transport on the ground at a time. I picked 1 up this morning.

Forgot your password?