Intelligence Gathering for Piracy/Bounty

CitizenSanteri

Commander
Feb 27, 2020
RSI Handle
CitizenSanteri
Do you have any resources for obtaining intelligence on players, organizations, etc? (outside of using https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/CitizenSanteri)

I am creating my own list of intel on players that have crossed me, blown me up for no reason etc. This is all part of the game and I hope to create future content here either it be, piracy operations or out right org intrusion, exploitation, etc.

I am aware we have a piracy division, and will do what I can to get on board and see what leadership is in place. We are hoping to help create and organize data, operations, events, and or to create a covert or overt division to do so . . .

Reactions: Blind Owl

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
There used to be a database which allowed you to query an API that showed you a history of previous orgs a person belonged to. I have not seen it in a while and Im not sure it still works.

On the topic of lists, running and maintaining kill lists is actually against the rules on the RSI forums.

Not that the RSI rules are enforced here, but between now and when the actual game is released, half of the people on your list will be bored, burned out or doing something else.

Allow me to make a suggestion that you should not bother with individuals. Our bigger focus will be entire orgs, not some random pilot that blow up your Caterpillar at Tram & Myers.

CitizenSanteri

Commander
Feb 27, 2020
RSI Handle
CitizenSanteri
There used to be a database which allowed you to query an API that showed you a history of previous orgs a person belonged to. I have not seen it in a while and Im not sure it still works.

On the topic of lists, running and maintaining kill lists is actually against the rules on the RSI forums.

Not that the RSI rules are enforced here, but between now and when the actual game is released, half of the people on your list will be bored, burned out or doing something else.

Allow me to make a suggestion that you should not bother with individuals. Our bigger focus will be entire orgs, not some random pilot that blow up your Caterpillar at Tram & Myers.
Fair point. I appreciate it! :) feel free to delete the entire thread as it serves little purpose or benefit now. Thanks Montoya!

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
No! The thread remains because this is a valid question.

There are individuals whose only goal in the game is to make other people not be able to enjoy the game. I think we all know a few of them already.

Its a fair point that we can return the favor when we start to mobilize as a bigger group.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

CitizenSanteri

Commander
Feb 27, 2020
RSI Handle
CitizenSanteri
No! The thread remains because this is a valid question.

There are individuals whose only goal in the game is to make other people not be able to enjoy the game. I think we all know a few of them already.

Its a fair point that we can return the favor when we start to mobilize as a bigger group.
Im not sure if that is to be taken as an insinuation that I am one of those folks or what.

As a wise man once said, "play it where it lays"

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Im not sure if that is to be taken as an insinuation that I am one of those folks or what.

As a wise man once said, "play it where it lays"
The vast majority of "bad actors" right now are just bored people looking for any sort of gameplay. If somebody does something crappy to you, you could always try to strike up a conversation with them in chat (saying something like, "Oh, you got me with my pants down...") and most of these guys would probably respond nicely, and then apologize for what they did.

Of course, there are a few really, really nasty individuals...people on the server will usually join forces to pursue those asshats.

In the future, when we get more gameplay, more people on the server, then it will be more Org-intensive, and there will be legit ways to identify the players acting as pirates, and legitimately go after them. Right now, we aren't there yet.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
There are individuals whose only goal in the game is to make other people not be able to enjoy the game. I think we all know a few of them already
I think the reason we see persistence now is that player bounties are scheduled for the next patch, so that kind of objectionable behavior will start to see its proper in game deserts.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I am creating my own list of intel on players that have crossed me, blown me up for no reason etc.
You might find this interesting, a group of "pirates" in the game were discussing their style of play, and maybe the most notorious of all? Harry Pottery from ED was a guest and discussed his origin story...TL;DR, they are providing a service to us! lol! I kind of agree, I just think that risk/reward is very asymmetric right now, if I trade I have a lot of risk and a bit of reward; if I just blow up other players and respawn at PO when I die, I have a lot of reward and absolutely no risk. I'm hoping the prison system will change that equation in 3.9:
View: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/577753510?t=02h36m39s

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
A game without griefers would be boring, no drama, no whining, no rage quiting, no feeding trolls, no armchair popcorn...
Like any story driven single player game...? ;) :p

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
The vast majority of "bad actors" right now are just bored people looking for any sort of gameplay. If somebody does something crappy to you, you could always try to strike up a conversation with them in chat (saying something like, "Oh, you got me with my pants down...") and most of these guys would probably respond nicely, and then apologize for what they did.
Not sure I'd apologize but if I see a message directed towards me I'll most likely respond. The thing I do try is to not target fellow Testies but even then I find myself fearful that I still might have targeted and blown up a few test pilots just because there is no economical way to keep track of who is and isn't.

Reactions: Blind Owl
Forgot your password?