Internal cumbustion builds..Cars/Bikes/Trucks..Show them old build pics etc...

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
OMG I almost forgot to tell Lorddarthvik my own lost and found story :thump:
After I brought the new Supra home I gave it a detailed interior cleansing...LOL(sat in the middle of the show room for all to finger F#$k).
Honest to God I found a Burger King wrapper under the drivers seat all crunched and rolled up(lazy prick):mad:
Every other car always had some coins fallen under the benches and buckets. So I expect you are about to come into some money soon:like:

Reactions: Lorddarthvik

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
OMG I almost forgot to tell Lorddarthvik my own lost and found story :thump:
After I brought the new Supra home I gave it a detailed interior cleansing...LOL(sat in the middle of the show room for all to finger F#$k).
Honest to God I found a Burger King wrapper under the drivers seat all crunched and rolled up(lazy prick):mad:
Every other car always had some coins fallen under the benches and buckets. So I expect you are about to come into some money soon:like:
LOL that's not something I'd expect in a showroom car.

I've already found the ever present Macdonalds fries, preserved in visually perfect although rock solid condition.
I haven't checked under the passenger side seat yet as it has the first aid box hanging from it and blocking entry. In the rest of the car I found about 2.5usd in change, no winning lottery tickets or anything of significant value, although I'm sure the child who's missing the holed 1x2 blue Lego technic piece for his set disagrees. 😂

• Glorious
Reactions: GPcustoms

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Took months for most of the carbon panels to arrive (japanese).
Im sure as soon as I install the steering wheel and cat back the wife will decide she does not like this one as well :glorious:

Attachments

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Some things aint so glamorous but they still need to be done huh!!!

1651765687853.png

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
Stock 2022 Indian Chief Bobber, I have some plans for it.

06649626-95EE-4364-B8EB-56FE1447E951.png

Sold this beauty when I adulted one day in a moment of weakness(actually needed a truck though) 2014 Mustang GT (2nd of 2 I owned) 5.0L Coyote motor, Kooks exhaust Steeda CAI and lowering/suspension package, MGW short throw shifter, Ford racing 3.73 gears (never again, bitch to install but made for a very lively and fun automobile), and a really cool giant skull and crossbones decal on the rear windshield!
B0F95A44-958D-45CC-9308-18E631471AED.jpeg

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Some things aint so glamorous but they still need to be done huh!!!
Ooookay, that looks like the soviet radiator did in my old room. What am I lookin at here, are those glow plugs?

Stock 2022 Indian Chief Bobber, I have some plans for it.

View attachment 22822

Sold this beauty when I adulted one day in a moment of weakness(actually needed a truck though) 2014 Mustang GT (2nd of 2 I owned) 5.0L Coyote motor, Kooks exhaust Steeda CAI and lowering/suspension package, MGW short throw shifter, Ford racing 3.73 gears (never again, bitch to install but made for a very lively and fun automobile), and a really cool giant skull and crossbones decal on the rear windshield!
View attachment 22823
Crowd Killa, nice!
All jokes aside I do love a Mustang, even this blocky modern one. They are a rare sight around here though, especially the proper V8s.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
1657670400646.png

I did a MOD! (twice)
Also I almost helped a guy win a Darwin Award! (I thought I already posted about this one? maybe I did but I can't see it so... anyways)

So we found out that my e46 is the version that should have the cats on the manifolds built in (two 3to1 manis for the 6 cyl meaning two cats), not under the car as other years had it. But as it has literally straight pipes there. welded in horribly with lots of holes, and basically only a gutted silencer at the end, it is ear bleedingly loud both inside and outside. Also it means that the most popular mod of today, adding pops and bangs to your 1.2l 3cyl turbo modern shitbox, is built in by default, for free!

I had a friend importing parts from a breaking of a RHD 330i from which I was promised the full factory exhaust almost for free, but due to weather and reason, it wouldn't arrive for over a month. SO I did the only mod that was cheap enough in the meantime.

Beer cans!
Drank the beers (2 cos dual exhaust end). Cut off the top and bent back some bits so it wouldn't shoot out from the muffler immediately, drilled holes in the bottom, filled them with steelwool (actually metal "sponges" marketed for doing the dishes with cos I have no effing clue where I could get steel wool, that is just not a thing here), and pushed em up as far as they would go inside the muffler.

It works! Kinda. My new fun game is to keep the throttle pressed down as little as possible at all times (stops pops) and to keep revs below 2500-3000 so as to stop the cans from shooting out the back lol
I found this out by driving too hard (lots of hills here) and loosing one of the cans. I'm guessing no one was behind me at the time cos no one tried to beat me to up at the lights. Anyways, it's working pretty well for cruising in the city, no neighbors complained yet when I go out for drives after bedtime, but now that the exhaust system arrived I won't have to worry about it for long.

The almost Darwin Award! (or rather, accidental manslaughter or whatever it's called properly in english)
Meanwhile, before the beer cans mod, I went to a guy who does bodywork, welding and stuff, to try and fix up the exhaust (that's when I found out about how literally "straight piped" my car is)
Apart from almost killing the dude, who as it turned out actually built quiet of few things and is a master welder, stuff probably all of you have seen in movies, it went pretty well.

The car was left in gear one time during the numerous starts (to see where it leaks still) while he was down under it in the pit , and as it turned out that little motor has tons of torque, so yeah, you can imagine the rest. But I'll try to describe it anyways cos I had a beer and I feel like writing.

I turned the key from the outside through the open window for like the 37th time that day, and it all suddenly turned into a chaos of engine noise, stuff crunching under the tires and shouting. Lots of very loud shouting NOOOOO NOOOOO in an "I'm getting torn to shreds" tone . The shed's door was open so it rolled outside and I managed to turn the key through the cars window before it crashed into the wall opposite the shed, so it only traveled about 3/4 car lengths when it came to a halt. The engine was sputtering a bit, that probably helped as well with it not going full idle speed. It would've stalled by itself, but probably not before hitting the wall. I dunno, these are the kinda details that the adrenalin washes away and I'll never clearly remember. Point is the car stopped, and the shouting didn't (which was reassuring)

Thankfully the only casualty was the dude's new pair of welding goggles. That's why he was shouting NOOO, cos he left em right in the path of the rear tires and saw em get crunched.
Some cursing and very angry noises followed, but later he got rid of all the leaks he could which helped immensely with the pops and bangs. I can still remember the shouting a month+ later and the kinda shock of "OMFG we just decapitated him". I say we, cos my friend was there and he moved the car between starts and accidentally left it in gear, but ofc I was the idiot for not checking if it was in neutral or not. I'm kinda paranoid with stuff like this, up to the point where my wife gets angry with me about it when I go back to check if I locked the doors or not, but I know I do it for a good fuckin reason! This time I let my guard down, and there was the result of barely getting lucky instead of being precise and avoiding shit like this. I don't like "getting lucky". It's not something anyone should depend upon, especially when it can turn real serious real fast. I like being thorough and doing it right, even if everyone around me thinks I'm an overly cautious idiot. It works.

BTW my friend should know this better than me, he had a million serious accidents, one time he basically ran/fell through a fucking glass door (Regular Glass!) at full speed as a kid, but because he came out of it without even a mildly serious scratch, I guess he just didn't learn from it. He was full of light scars for a couple weeks. The doc told him they almost always have to perform life saving surgeries on cases like his, , ther ppl wouldn't be so lucky and have a shard cutting their arteries and even bleed out on the spot, but all they had to do with him was basically to brush him off to get rid of the glass and that's it. Lucky bastard lol

Well, lesson learned for me at least, one pair of new goggles paid for, and I'm still kinda welcome back there, so it's a happy ending. Mind you , the shed's doors were just as wide as the car, so as I tried to turn the car off while running beside the it, one hand trying to hold it back the other reaching for the key, it was getting awfully close to becoming a proper looney toons cartoon accident with me smashing head first into the wall as the car drove out the door. That would've been epic if we caught it on video, I'd be a tiktok star by now!
So anyways, here's a thing that the guy built with this two hands from scratch, you might remember it if you've seen Blade Runner 20somthing, it's the one A.S. drives in the video:
View: https://youtu.be/c_9iv9HwO5Q?t=82

PS.: the parking sensors. I changed them, and it worked, But Only that one time when my friend moved the car in the shed. I'm guessing it's faulty wiring, it's gonna be a real pain to figure this one out.

• Glorious

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
Finally... a fun post!

My redneck weekend play build.

1. Ford F250 400 HP Turbo Diesel with a Tremor kit - 475 hp @ 2,600 rpm. 6.7L Powerstroke.
2. GASGAS 250
3. Husqvarna FX350
4. Custom built and lifted, kick ass cargo trailer converted to camper w futon bunkbed combo/toilet/tv/solar/heater/ac/outdoor shower.

KWDV7818.JPG

1657677463569.png

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Em. . .no offense but, WTF!

Do NOT put flameables in your exhaust!

You can burn steel wool with a match. The only reason solid steel does not burn in a proper exhaust system is that it transfers heat so quickly. Steel wool does not, so it BURNS at exhaust temperatures. You could easily set the entire car ablaze doing what you're talking about.

Don't do that. . .just. . .because reasons.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MDH92VxPEQ

Last edited:

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Em. . .no offense but, WTF!

Do NOT put flameables in your exhaust!

You can burn steel wool with a match. The only reason solid steel does not burn in a proper exhaust system is that it transfers heat so quickly. Steel wool does not, so it BURNS at exhaust temperatures. You could easily set the entire car ablaze doing what you're talking about.

Don't do that. . .just. . .because reasons.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MDH92VxPEQ
I know, thanks for the warning!
It might look sketchy but it really isn't that bad.
First thing I did before the install was exactly that, trying to light it on fire to see if it would kill me.
It won't. It does look real pretty though.
It doesn't burn with a large flame and it just doesn't have the thermal mass to do anything to the exhaust it's housed in. The small amount, about the same as in the video, just can't do much. I wouldn't pack the whole thing with it though.
Also there's the constant gas flow which will blow the burning particles outside where it quickly cools in the much colder air. Again, it can't do much there either.
For the one or two more short trips to the mechanic, it will do just fine, I won't be using it long term.

Tldr is it's been a tried and true method for ages, it works, and it has a low chance of killing you. It's gonna be fine.

Edit : it's a non turbo engine, temps at the end will be around 250-350 C, steel wool won't ignite till like double that. Also there is (almost) no oxygen. So yeah, no worries mate. I'll post a pic if it burns down, or what's left of it when I pull it out later next week if it doesn't burn down the car.

Last edited:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
For all practical purposes, IMHO the best exhaust tone you'll ever get is from a big, throaty V8 wearing the kiind of "active exhaust" found in Lambos and Jaguars, that keeps the engine extremely quiet until you step down on it and all the baffles inside the muffler move out of the way. Something electric cars will never be able to touch.

BTW, this car was not designed as a coupe and later had the top cut off to build the convertible. It was designed as a convertible and so the frame does not twist at all uunder full power. There's no reason to get the coupe. Go topless.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwpJ7zHxsPQ

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
For all practical purposes, IMHO the best exhaust tone you'll ever get is from a big, throaty V8 wearing the kiind of "active exhaust" found in Lambos and Jaguars, that keeps the engine extremely quiet until you step down on it and all the baffles inside the muffler move out of the way. Something electric cars will never be able to touch.

BTW, this car was not designed as a coupe and later had the top cut off to build the convertible. It was designed as a convertible and so the frame does not twist at all uunder full power. There's no reason to get the coupe. Go topless.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwpJ7zHxsPQ
These guys used to have music on their videos? Lol, never noticed that. Good thing they stopped.
Have you seen the new MC20? To me it sounds like if you would overrev a small diesel or something. It's quiet sad for an Italian supercar...

View: https://youtu.be/bTLgeNl6Vyc

That jags such a beauty and it sounds amazing. Driving the convertible one is something I won't ever forget. They do cost a pretty penny still over here, probably cos most of em are already scrapped.

I love me some Italian V8's if they are tuned right (Ferraris are too whiney for my taste), especially this V8 in the Quattroporte GTS in loud mode. You can hear it for miles.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BGkrmSFegw&ab_channel=RobbertAlblas

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncXz9wwbaSc&ab_channel=NM2255CarHDVideos

My bimmer won't make a sound like this ever ofc, but I'll try to get a nice passenger and pedestrian friendly close-to-stock muffler for it that gives enough sound at the end of the rev range to be fun, but not ricer boy levels of loud. Straight sixes can make a very nice noise as well, you just gotta give em a chance to do so. (also to avoid cops, they really like to fuck with loud bimmers while letting cars that are louder and in much worse shape go free)
With this absolutely gutted system mine sounded like a proper racecar at the end of the rev range, at least on the inside. On the outside, it sounded like a very loud and very very broken lawnmower. I aim fix that asap.

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Im a big 4.7L maserasti dry sump fan(yeah I know its ferrari supplied) for stock synphonics. The 3L 6 in the Supra is not bad in sport now that its tuned and breathes. However I stumbled upon an unusual car I am currently hunting down. Maserati built Alpha Romeo a light Carbon fiber tub 2 seater called the 4C. Not interested in a spyder but going to take a close look at a coupe and see if I can get a large rifle bag in the passenger side(only requirement for my retirement cars). Tiny 1.8L 4 banger(may be a 1.7 can't remember but its power to weight is insane and....Well I like the whole carbon tub idea and full on no frills idea. Will have to share how this madness turns out:drunk::thump::o7: Sort of a BRZ/Miata with attitude:like:

Attachments

• Glorious

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Im a big 4.7L maserasti dry sump fan(yeah I know its ferrari supplied) for stock synphonics. The 3L 6 in the Supra is not bad in sport now that its tuned and breathes. However I stumbled upon an unusual car I am currently hunting down. Maserati built Alpha Romeo a light Carbon fiber tub 2 seater called the 4C. Not interested in a spyder but going to take a close look at a coupe and see if I can get a large rifle bag in the passenger side(only requirement for my retirement cars). Tiny 1.8L 4 banger(may be a 1.7 can't remember but its power to weight is insane and....Well I like the whole carbon tub idea and full on no frills idea. Will have to share how this madness turns out:drunk::thump::o7: Sort of a BRZ/Miata with attitude:like:
It's wet in the Maserati. Not much else got changed.

A C4, now that's such a rare car I don't even know if I've seen one in the wild. Maybe once or twice. I love next to a main road where I can see Ferraris, Maclaren, lambos and such daily. There's even a guy who close by from some oil nation who dailies his exotics like a white on white Phantom and once crashed his BAC Mono in the chain Bridge tunnel.
But a 4c, now that is truly rare.
I remember the top gear test and it was kinda too wide for the European streets and cost way too much for being an alfa, but it might work just fine for the US.
It's light as a feather (supposedly) so I'm guessing that little engine will be plenty of fun.
Just watch out for carbon tub damage, if it cracks its almost impossible to find someone who is able and willing to repair it. Had a distant relative who was dealing in exotic cars and had a lambo with hidden Crack in its carbon tub, it took nearly a year to find someone to repair as the factory refused to do so. It is possible, safely, its just a pain.
A kinda well documented example is Freddy Tavarish and his Maclaren, that took like maybe 2 years to get done cos of similar issues, although it was a way more broken example ofc.
Anyways, good luck and tell us how it went!

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
It's wet in the Maserati. Not much else got changed.

A C4, now that's such a rare car I don't even know if I've seen one in the wild. Maybe once or twice. I love next to a main road where I can see Ferraris, Maclaren, lambos and such daily. There's even a guy who close by from some oil nation who dailies his exotics like a white on white Phantom and once crashed his BAC Mono in the chain Bridge tunnel.
But a 4c, now that is truly rare.
I remember the top gear test and it was kinda too wide for the European streets and cost way too much for being an alfa, but it might work just fine for the US.
It's light as a feather (supposedly) so I'm guessing that little engine will be plenty of fun.
Just watch out for carbon tub damage, if it cracks its almost impossible to find someone who is able and willing to repair it. Had a distant relative who was dealing in exotic cars and had a lambo with hidden Crack in its carbon tub, it took nearly a year to find someone to repair as the factory refused to do so. It is possible, safely, its just a pain.
A kinda well documented example is Freddy Tavarish and his Maclaren, that took like maybe 2 years to get done cos of similar issues, although it was a way more broken example ofc.
Anyways, good luck and tell us how it went!
Well I put off going to the dealership...Drove to the dentist and some lazy sod decided to spray down tar in front of a line of moving vehicles(yeah I got hosed)...
Several hours of soaking the car and using plexus to remove the crap from my cars quarter panels. Looks near perfect but I will have to remove the wheels to clean the wheel wells. Not my finest hour but like any true gear head I must gear up and get dirty...Really dirty :like:

Attachments

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Well I put off going to the dealership...Drove to the dentist and some lazy sod decided to spray down tar in front of a line of moving vehicles(yeah I got hosed)...
Several hours of soaking the car and using plexus to remove the crap from my cars quarter panels. Looks near perfect but I will have to remove the wheels to clean the wheel wells. Not my finest hour but like any true gear head I must gear up and get dirty...Really dirty :like:
Ouch, that sucks! You cleaned it up real nice though, I wouldn't hesitate to eat off of that surface for sure! Done worse, much...lol

Washed the X3 today at the self service, after what feels like 2 months, the constant "rain" of sand made it feel pointless so I put it off for way too long.
Got home from the wash, about 3-5minutes of driving, car looks like I just pulled it out from under a sand dune. There's a thin film of dust on it and every single wet spot that remained is now yellow with sand. And this is the outskirts of the city, full of vegetation that keeps the dust down! I'll have to drive to a relative with a driveway where I can wash it again and dry it off fully, and even then the thin film will be back I bet...
I don't care what the meteorologists and other "smart" ppl say (oh its sand from the Saharan winds, and whatnot), to me it seems like whenever there is wind coming from the NE-E, we get way more dirt and sand on our cars and even inside. But only since March. I guess bombs do throw up a lot of dirt into the air and a 1000 kms ain't much of a distance in wind-terms...
Anyways, you can see where I wiped it away with a finger in the middle of the pic.

IMG_s.jpg

Today I also went and got my exhaust pieces for the 320Ci! I also bagged a black headliner that was in decent shape for really cheap, about 30... no, wait, about 28... nope, 25 bucks. Damn USD is going stronk... I picked up the parts with the X3 and then transferred them over into the Coupe. Had to take off the headrests for it to fit in, but hey, it makes for a great anti-theft system lol Also it stops me from driving it and lighting my exhaust on fire.
(and yes it really needs a wash, and serious paint correction...)

IMG_e.jpg

I'll try to install it tomorrow, if time permits, so I can throw the old one into the basement among the rest of the junk, hopefully the other tenants won't get upset about it taking up some more space.

Finally... a fun post!

My redneck weekend play build.

1. Ford F250 400 HP Turbo Diesel with a Tremor kit - 475 hp @ 2,600 rpm. 6.7L Powerstroke.
2. GASGAS 250
3. Husqvarna FX350
4. Custom built and lifted, kick ass cargo trailer converted to camper w futon bunkbed combo/toilet/tv/solar/heater/ac/outdoor shower.

View attachment 23195

View attachment 23196
AC? Fukoff, I don't even have working AC in my "sophisticated European" project car hahahaha
Looking like a perfect get-out-of-dodge setup, very nice!

How do you transport the buggy around, does it fit in the back of the truck?

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
How do you transport the buggy around, does it fit in the back of the truck?
I sold it... got the bikes so I could have more room in the trailer. That yxz was a blast but it was too much to haul around. As for the AC we're doing a loop - Las Vegas in two weeks where the temp is going to be over 100... I was stationed there and it got to 116 in the shade... then off to crappy CA because the family wants to go to the beach. AC is a wife thing.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Any of you guys have diy reupholstered interior bits like pillars and headliner? If so, any tips?

After seeing some prices on new old stock and for how much ppl trying to sell pillar trim at the breakers, I've decided to keep mine and just glue some fresh fabric on them as all of em more or less fully peeled off. I've watched some how tos on yt but they "just did it like this", so it's not really useful. I'd rather hear from you if you have done it.

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Any of you guys have diy reupholstered interior bits like pillars and headliner? If so, any tips?

After seeing some prices on new old stock and for how much ppl trying to sell pillar trim at the breakers, I've decided to keep mine and just glue some fresh fabric on them as all of em more or less fully peeled off. I've watched some how tos on yt but they "just did it like this", so it's not really useful. I'd rather hear from you if you have done it.
Thats a tough one...Upolstry shops are spendy..See if you can find a good video of trim removal and you should be in like Fin...Having the same issue with some of the cars I am looking at with delamination issues where the leather is lifting from panels.... :drunk:
Should make for an interesting view if you share with the gang...Misery loves company:o7:

• o7
Forgot your password?