Invictus Launch Week 2951 - Hercules Starlifter Thread

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I suspect that everybody wants off Tatooine because to clean up after taking care of a certain business, you either had to wipe with sand paper or experience a sand blasting bidet. Not pleasant either way I'd say. To them, your supply would be a gift from the Gods, no matter how much they had to pay for the enjoyment.
We'll be seen as Heroes. It's be like:

Local 1: "Oh, did you hear that local boy Skywalker went and blew up the Empires planet destructor space station because they killed his uncle Owen and extended family?"

Local 2: "Forget that noise, grab the Land Speeder the Cavernous Maw is back in town!"

Local 1: "To the space port, and bring money they auction the last 1000 rolls and it gets pretty messy!"

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
We'll be seen as Heroes. It's be like:

Local 1: "Oh, did you hear that local boy Skywalker went and blew up the Empires planet destructor space station because they killed his uncle Owen and extended family?"

Local 2: "Forget that noise, grab the Land Speeder the Cavernous Maw is back in town!"

Local 1: "To the space port, and bring money they auction the last 1000 rolls and it gets pretty messy!"
Roflmao!

We can handle it CIG style with self imposed scarcity to further bring in the funds while claiming that the profits go towards increasing production as time passes. Meanwhile we'd have a Hull series ship with loads of timber from some interstellar tree farming planet where we'd own the land to let the planet provide the supply. So they'll feel good about helping fund out expansion while we help them bottom line feel relief from the pains of life.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Roflmao!

We can handle it CIG style with self imposed scarcity to further bring in the funds while claiming that the profits go towards increasing production as time passes. Meanwhile we'd have a Hull series ship with loads of timber from some interstellar tree farming planet where we'd own the land to let the planet provide the supply. So they'll feel good about helping fund out expansion while we help them bottom line feel relief from the pains of life.
Awesome, and while expanding we can get a sweet excucivity deal with the Cloud City of Bespin erm I mean Orison because no way are guys floating around on a gas giant have any ground to grow trees on for anything but asthetics and you can't wipe it on thin air, can you?

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Well the C2 is rather an interesting craft. Good for making a few bucks hauling and it kills monitors for an extra 20k with ease. Only thing I noticed was topping off an almost full tank was damn near 8500:wut:....Still I enjoyed taking it out for a spin:like:
Whaaat?!!! 8500 UEC?!!!!! Hell, I know that thing has over 20 MILIONS litre of Hydrogen so 1% is about the entire fueltank of an Aurora... but damn that's expensive....

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
The Herc C2 is the second most efficient hauler from a crew perspective, and a more protected choice than the Hull B.

The fuel that it released with can't be right though. :)

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
The Herc C2 is the second most efficient hauler from a crew perspective, and a more protected choice than the Hull B.

The fuel that it released with can't be right though. :)
Probably, but I wan't be so sure about it: if we take the MSR as a comparison, even that has over-the-class fuel capacity, I wan't be surprise if the Ercules will stay like that.

Also, we should keep in mind that all those data could just be some aritificial way to implement some "fuel efficiency" aspect of those ships that can't be implemented otherwise in the current stat of the game... who knows?

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Probably, but I wan't be so sure about it: if we take the MSR as a comparison, even that has over-the-class fuel capacity, I wan't be surprise if the Ercules will stay like that.

Also, we should keep in mind that all those data could just be some aritificial way to implement some "fuel efficiency" aspect of those ships that can't be implemented otherwise in the current stat of the game... who knows?
The Hercules was sold with 2 medium quantum fuel tanks (confirmed in the Q&A as relatively short ranged). That should make it 2/3rds (roughly) quantum fuel range compared to a typical large fuel tank. It launched with 4 times the fuel range of ships with a large fuel tank and twice the range of a Carrack.

Granted range doesn't mean much now, but does that seem right to you?

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I'm waiting on many ships, but I'm being patient because I know that the longer it takes to make many of them, then better made they will be.
Indeed. For Instance the Hercules has an elevator that goes from the ground to the top floor and is air locked the whole way. It is the one thing the Carrack is missing as the only way on and off the ship is either being flown off in the shuttle or walking down the ramp. So I am glad the Hercules doesn't require the crew to lower the ramps to get on and off the ship.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Indeed. For Instance the Hercules has an elevator that goes from the ground to the top floor and is air locked the whole way. It is the one thing the Carrack is missing as the only way on and off the ship is either being flown off in the shuttle or walking down the ramp. So I am glad the Hercules doesn't require the crew to lower the ramps to get on and off the ship.
I'm hoping that the devs at CIG will eventually realize their massive error in not letting 1 of the lifts in the Carrack share this feature as having to wait all that time to enter or exit the ship with it exposed to potential hostiles is needless & pointless.

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
HERCULES STARLIFTER 🎉

View attachment 20780

They're offering some nice looking skins for the Hurcs.

I'm digging the stealth black, the Frostbite & blue / gold skins the most.

Forgot your password?