Invictus Megathread

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
There's a lot of stuff I'd have done differently... namely using a different source for the hardpoints than the RSI website.

I got a lot of (well deserved, I suppose) shit for some errors in the document on reddit. I think I'm just going to go hog-wild and revamp it once I get the motivation.

Someone on the discord mentioned that it needs TEST logos all over it. Maybe once I've had it vetted by the braintrust I'll do that too.
To error is human... To TEST? Divine!

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
right around 32 or 33 minutes into the SCL, they said they are working on fixed weapons and that "fixed weapons will become viable again". Additionally, Turrets will also have some significant improvements (mentioned right after the fixed weapons)
Also, no secret rework on the connies, but the Taurus is on the private roadmap and once it's complete, the connies will be closed out.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I just logged on & went to the event, but noticed a few odd things. Did anybody else have the issue where the elevators didn't list anyplace other than the Lobby or where the shopping mechanism would keep timing out when attempting to purchase any of the Invictus shirts, hats or bomber jacket?

Reactions: Blind Owl

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I just logged on & went to the event, but noticed a few odd things. Did anybody else have the issue where the elevators didn't list anyplace other than the Lobby or where the shopping mechanism would keep timing out when attempting to purchase any of the Invictus shirts, hats or bomber jacket?
Only four more gigs and an install to go and I'll let you know 🙂

Last time this happened the feckin' convention center ran out of Merch by the time I got to log in and I had to buy the frigging t-shirt with RL money.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I was in queue 5 different times to log in where it made me redo my avi again. Each time I was in queue, I'd start around #65, slowly wait until about #9 & then the game would stop working & shut down. Which restarted the queue all over again. The last time, I just kept slowly swirling my mouse around on my desk to make sure that it knew that I hadn't gone afk.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
If you're in queue in-game, don't alt tab out of the client. Apparently that messes up your queue and/or client.
Can confirm. Can also confirm being in queue too long locks the game into a non responsive state. Which is why I'm not gonna get on until later tonight.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Ball bags, same again joined at 142 CTD at 12.

This time I pressed the tild key for debug mode you can see it counting down there too bit when it's about to crash the blinking terminal cursor freezes.

It's odd, it starts by saying Faceware is activated but the camera doesn't come on.

You can also see people from your contacts going on and offline.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
This is why I'm waiting until later to go to the convention hall.
I'm now 179 in the queue. Don't wait too long there will be thousands in the queue if it keeps building sequentially like this.

EDIT - And got to the end of the queue, the debug said something about a physics instance and CTD.

I'm now 182 in the queue.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?