Invictus Megathread

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Well, I've been round the loop another couple times now and I've got a sneaking suspicion it's buggered.

Trying last thing which is unplugging my webcam as the debug kept saying about Faceware when the camera wasn't on.

Number 189 in the queue now.

I'm not massively annoyed, just interested to learn what's wrong, I love testing stuff but always like to find out what caused the issue in the first place. :-)

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I was able to get in after about 6 attempts, but I got in before it went live, I heard once it went live the queue times doubled and tripled, I wont spoil it but I wasn't all that impressed with the fleet representation in the Bevic Center, I did enjoy the larger ships at the space dock though.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I got in on the pulling the webcam attempt, don't know if that's part of the problem as I didn't want to come out of the game to try again to confirm it was or was more likely not that and not be able to get in again.

What did I just witness...?

Fireworks in space...

Capital ships mooring at Banj Point...

A pair of Idris...

F8's on the small ship pads...

And a...

Jav. Got there just in time to watch an NPC Javalin fly in and park its ass at Banj Point. There is a no fly zone round it so you can't get too close in a ship, but...

When you get in, enjoy, dudes :like:

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
120 month insurance is basically LTI for all intents and purposes.

All I wanted this sale was to get a Ranger and round out my bike quartet but nooooo that's the one thing from Tumbril that's not on sale 🙄
I know this isn't the financially easiest way to complete your quartet, but it does come with a Tumbril Ranger CV with LTI.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Scoundrel-Pack

I thought that I had a Ranger CV stashed away, but when I checked my hangar it had been CCU'd up to a Defender.

• Love
Reactions: Blind Owl and Phil

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I know this isn't the financially easiest way to complete your quartet, but it does come with a Tumbril Ranger CV with LTI.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Scoundrel-Pack

I thought that I had a Ranger CV stashed away, but when I checked my hangar it had been CCU'd up to a Defender.
Ironically the Scoundrel pack is the base of my fleet but I had upgraded the Ranger in there to a Herald 😒 I guess I could melt and rebuy it and shuffle stuff around but it sounds like more trouble than it's worth tbh. It'll go on sale again when it's.....well, not "flight" ready but....dirt ready?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
🎶 TEST Squad-ron, gotta crash 'em all, TEST Squad-ron 🎶

Admit it you read that in the pokemon theme tune voice.
Is this the right thread? I did!!
120 month insurance is basically LTI for all intents and purposes.

All I wanted this sale was to get a Ranger and round out my bike quartet but nooooo that's the one thing from Tumbril that's not on sale 🙄
I'm buying aysk the stuff. Then some things

Bonsai

Admiral
Donor
May 17, 2020
RSI Handle
Bonsai138
Okay so it seems like the start of this event was a very CIG worthy fuck up :mad:
first they let 90% of the world wait and calm dow the anxious potential new backers that couldn't access the game just to find out, through a 3rd party no-less, that it wasn't going to start on the 22nd at all but on the 23rd instead...at midnight (central europe) 🙄
'GREAT! Just while I'm at work and have no access to the internet' :thump: was hoping to grab me some merch, but as expected the shirts were already sold out (if they ever were available in size M) when I got out from work...
then I saw someone posted a Video on reddit with fireworks and a FUCKING JAVELIN! docking at Bajini Point!
'Awesome! I wasn't able to see the docking so let's not watch this now and atleast look at that beauty myself!:love:'
Got home, turned on my pc and updated the game.
Now a nice cold beer and Let's Go!

...2h and a dozen crashes later (half of which I wasn't able to recover from) I finally managed to spawn a ship and jump to Bajini just to find......the most beautiful thing I've ever seen wait there's nothing? :wut:
'No...nonononononononono...surely I'm still to far away right now...I mean 30 km that's quite a bit...' get's closer 'Still nothing there...Maybe if I go there from inside the Station? There was that locked door at that security port after all.' Lands and drowns the voice, that is telling him that he is in denial, in more beer during the 3.5km elevator ride...'See, I told you! It's open! Now I can finally go and look at...some empty space...................GREAT! I LOVE IT! LOOK AT THOSE STAIRS! AND THIS BEAUTIFUL CATWALK LEADING YOU TO NOTHING! AND THESE EMPTY LANDING PADS! WOW! I WISH I HAD THOSE! HAHAHAHA...EVERyTHING HERE IS SO BEAUTIFUL! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH....' proceeds to walk off the platform, fly about halfway to where he landed his ship and then just going for ALT+F4....

well...that was my Invictus Experience today....

but in all seriousness...what the fuck CIG? How hard can it be to just give us a Timezone? They can't just expect newbies to know that patches are handled by the team in texas right? And then also having the main attraction (especially for backers that have been following for a while, but haven't yet been swayed to spend some big money on the game) be gone after a couple of hours? (still hoping it was just a bug.....)

and people say that they're only after our money....only got me to by an(other) aurora + blue and 'gold' skin (should've ditched that blue as the gold is actually yellow anyway so it could make a nice TEST 'Stealth' Skin)

Well enough ranting for now as I'm drunk and now need to go and cry myself to sleep...this game will give PTSD somday...

Have a nice day :drunk:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Last edited:

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Okay so it seems like the start of this event was a very CIG worthy fuck up :mad:
first they let 90% of the world wait and calm dow the anxious potential new backers that couldn't access the game just to find out, through a 3rd party no-less, that it wasn't going to start on the 22nd at all but on the 23rd instead...at midnight (central europe) 🙄
'GREAT! Just while I'm at work and have no access to the internet' :thump: was hoping to grab me some merch, but as expected the shirts were already sold out (if they ever were available in size M) when I got out from work...
then I saw someone posted a Video on reddit with fireworks and a FUCKING JAVELIN! docking at Bajini Point!
'Awesome! I wasn't able to see the docking so let's not watch this now and atleast look at that beauty myself!:love:'
Got home, turned on my pc and updated the game.
Now a nice cold beer and Let's Go!

...2h and a dozen crashes later (half of which I wasn't able to recover from) I finally managed to spawn a ship and jump to Bajini just to find......the most beautiful thing I've ever seen wait there's nothing? :wut:
'No...nonononononononono...surely I'm still to far away right now...I mean 30 km that's quite a bit...' get's closer 'Still nothing there...Maybe if I go there from inside the Station? There was that locked door at that security port after all.' Lands and drowns the voice, that is telling him that he is in denial, in more beer during the 3.5km elevator ride...'See, I told you! It's open! Now I can finally go and look at...some empty space...................GREAT! I LOVE IT! LOOK AT THOSE STAIRS! AND THIS BEAUTIFUL CATWALK LEADING YOU TO NOTHING! AND THESE EMPTY LANDING PADS! WOW! I WISH I HAD THOSE! HAHAHAHA...EVERyTHING HERE IS SO BEAUTIFUL! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH....' proceeds to walk off the platform, fly about halfway to where he landed his ship and then just going for ALT+F4....

well...that was my Invictus Experience today....

but in all seriousness...what the fuck CIG? How hard can it be to just give us a Timezone? They can't just expect newbies to know that patches are handled by the team in texas right? And then also having the main attraction (especially for backers that have been following for a while, but haven't yet been swayed to spend some big money on the game) be gone after a couple of hours? (still hoping it was just a bug.....)

and people say that they're only after our money....only got me to by an(other) aurora + blue and 'gold' skin (should've ditched that blue as the gold is actually yellow anyway so it could make a nice TEST 'Stealth' Skin)

Well enough ranting for now as I'm drunk and now need to go and cry myself to sleep...this game will give PTSD somday...

Have a nice day :drunk:

I don't believe you were drunk when you wrote this, not enough spelling errors and slurrrrring sir!!!

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
The launch of this event could've been better & I was rather disappointed that CIG supposedly kept playing hot potato with the Cap ships so that you had to hunt them down if you could. When I managed to get in, I never saw them nor the Air show performances & I waited around for a full day / night cycle to see them. Does anybody know when & where is the best time & place to view them?

Reactions: Phil and Blind Owl

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
You can see it on your map and qt to it if the fleet isnt in transit. They move from Hurston to ArcCorp I think. I flew with them as they left, but their QTing away was less than stellar haha.
That's awesome! Thanks for the heads up as I never thought of checking there. Any advice on catching the air show of the F8 Lightnings by chance?

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
You can see it on your map and qt to it if the fleet isnt in transit. They move from Hurston to ArcCorp I think. I flew with them as they left, but their QTing away was less than stellar haha.
Yep, finally I managed to get in game after a character reset. I caught the fleet at Hurston.
Not being allowed anywhere near them when they are docked is such bullshit. I was lucky enough to see them leave so I could enjoy the surprisingly good looking fireworks show, and I could get close. Seeing all these big and small ships move around without twitching and rubberbanding and shit, it's such an awesome sight!
When they are leaving pi can actually get as close as you want, which was neat!
Performance and lighting seems.to be way better in this patch for me, so apart from looking all.my stuff except for my auec, I'm enjoying it. Expo hall looks really nice too!
Rented the one of those Soviet era nuke carrier trucks, gonna go for a ride on hurston.

Forgot your password?