Is NOX The real Razer competition?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Looking at the Nox stats, the 1x s1 gun position reminds me of the Razer. As everything about this bike is TBC, and the Dragonfly is aiming for SCM of 180 (That junk is going to be faster than the mighty AURORA so that in itself is damn fast as far as I am concerned) it is possible the NOX will be the superbike to the Razer F1 car...

Superbikes are faster off the line than F1 cars, both have similar top speeds but bikes are MUCH much slower through the corners.

I think the NOX is going to be mental fast in space, it'll make Razer owners wonder why they bothered (in a straight line anyway). The 350R is looking more and more pointless every day.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Haha, enigma, enema....
View attachment 6803
I'll take option 2, I 'aint malicious enough to troll people but some days I do wake up cheekier than others.

I think this is my record for fastest thread hijack, does it count considering it's my own thread?

In other news:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
The Nox and Razer aren't true competitors in the same way that autos in the Le Mans don't compete with Moto GP. In structured races, ship diversity will largely be limited by class. In open formats, the majority of the field will be determined first by the race meta and second by team funds. The only events that I really expect to see a Nox alongside a Razer/M50/350r/etc would be courses involving numerous legs that each favor and disadvantage different ships with relative equality.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
As everything about this bike is TBC, and the Dragonfly is aiming for SCM of 180[

Let's get a BIG HEAVY DISCLAIMER right about here that this SCM was posted June 22 of last year, and we have had about 3 revisions of overall ship speed at that point, so take it with a hefty grain of salt.

That being said 180 SCM at the time wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. The Cruise Speed (slated to be 300) however made it the slowest ship in the game by a damning amount- the Starfarer, the slowest ship at that time, then had a Cruise of 450 which meant that any ship could outrun the Dragonfly if they just dropped into high gear and gunned it. Which flies directly in the face of the stated intent to "overtake most freighters, it won’t be outrunning the fastest of the fast." but hey marketing hypes up ships and the ship team underdelivers, just another day in SC amirite?

I would expect that the Dragonfly and Nox will be in the same ballpark with the Nox having a slight yet noticeable edge in overall handling characteristics, because Dragonfly owners will be pissed as hell if their OG space motorcycle is downgraded to a space utility 4x4 thats half as fast. They're both explicitly built as racers, Dragonfly just has extra utility from the saddlebags and/or second seat, whereas the Nox does nothing but go fast.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
the dragonfly in my eyes is the touring bike while the nox is the f- you i can go fast Brap brap bike
Harley Davidson vs Ducati. I'd sit for 6 hours on a Davidson but I wouldn't take it round Cadwell Park.

Forgot your password?