Is NOX The real Razer competition?

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Don't you forget that the dragonfly keeps you less protected. so besides racing, I can see the Nox used as a recon vehicle.
Dragonfly could actually be better for recon though- can carry a passenger (sniper + spotter team? Oh yeah!) and the cargo cannot be overlooked either (extra weapon storage, ammo, explosive charges, etc etc). Either way if you get spotted in a Dragonfly or Nox you better hope you get away, because both of them will get their asses shredded by an actual ship real quick.

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
Dragonfly could actually be better for recon though- can carry a passenger (sniper + spotter team? Oh yeah!) and the cargo cannot be overlooked either (extra weapon storage, ammo, explosive charges, etc etc). Either way if you get spotted in a Dragonfly or Nox you better hope you get away, because both of them will get their asses shredded by an actual ship real quick.
In the case of being spotted and attacked by a ship, your small size is your advantage. Just take lots of evasive action and you'll be hard to hit as long as they don't have some sort of minigun, flack gun, or scattergun.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
On the original video posting on youtube I am the first person to ever comment. Mainly because I watched that segment live on TV and made a note to look it up on youtube a few days later <3
Now that is one hell of a claim to fame!

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
The Nox is operable in space. It stated so on the concept page so it must be true!
What if you ran it on the landing pads on Port Olisar or Grim Hex? You'd be in space operating it on the deck as a ground hover vehicle. Only thing I could think is that it needs atmosphere for the engine to run, like an internal combustion engine or jet engine of some kind. That or it doesn't have enough thrusters for zero gravity environment control.

Uruwashii

Vice Admiral
Jan 24, 2016
RSI Handle
Uruwashii
What if you ran it on the landing pads on Port Olisar or Grim Hex? You'd be in space operating it on the deck as a ground hover vehicle. Only thing I could think is that it needs atmosphere for the engine to run, like an internal combustion engine or jet engine of some kind. That or it doesn't have enough thrusters for zero gravity environment control.

It is running a standard vehicle size main engine according to the current specs. I see no reason that it would not be functional in Vacuum. Mostly because it says it is "Space and Ground Racing" in the spec sheet. They have it written in too many places to make it a not space viable vehicle.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
until its not true
As if that would happen.

Now back to fly my luxury 350R Interceptor ship, with its cargo bay, 3x s3 guns, 4x s2 missiles, and of course it is still totally the fastest ship in the gam- FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
As if that would happen.

Now back to fly my luxury 350R Interceptor ship, with its cargo bay, 3x s3 guns, 4x s2 missiles, and of course it is still totally the fastest ship in the gam- FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Case in point.

Forgot your password?