Is the game playing or am I kicked?

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
I have not been able to log into the game for the last 3 days. I kept getting red error box. I uninstalled and now it won't let me install either.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Quirkz

Rear Admiral
Dec 6, 2021
RSI Handle
QuickQuirkz
I have not been able to log into the game for the last 3 days. I kept getting red error box. I uninstalled and now it won't let me install either.
If you're asking this question, I can't help but wonder what you were doing that makes you think you might have been banned?

Banning does happen, but it has to be pretty egregious behaviour.

• o7

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
If you're asking this question, I can't help but wonder what you were doing that makes you think you might have been banned?

Banning does happen, but it has to be pretty egregious behaviour.
I recently bought Helldivers 2 and saw some comments in the reviews about people having issues with the kernel anticheat such as it being too invasive. I don't hack or anything but as soon as I install that game I get my first ever launcher issues here.

Maybe it's linked and is bugging out the launcher but hopefully nothing worse.

• o7

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
My initial thought, was that if you posted a pic of the red error box, it might help us find a solution for you. Does CIG let you log into the website? If so, perhaps you should do a complete uninstall, clear the trash & cache, reboot and then try a completely fresh install. Depending on your antivirus program, that might also be throwing up a blocker for the installation.

Reactions: Garonman and FZD

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
As @Talonsbane suggests, knowing what the error is would be more helpful than knowing the color the error box is.
Also, if you can log in to RSI website, making a support ticket sooner would be better than doing one later. Support can take a while to get back to you.

Last edited:

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
My initial thought, was that if you posted a pic of the red error box, it might help us find a solution for you. Does CIG let you log into the website? If so, perhaps you should do a complete uninstall, clear the trash & cache, reboot and then try a completely fresh install. Depending on your antivirus program, that might also be throwing up a blocker for the installation.
I will try your suggestions. I can log into my account on the website and I did a security check to make sure there was no suspicious activity.

• o7

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
As @Talonsbane suggests, knowing what the error is would be more helpful than knowing the color the error box is.
Also, if you can log in to RSI website, making a support ticket sooner would be better than doing one later. Support can take a while to get back to you.
I will do as you suggest. I don't think there was an error code. It simply said star citizen has stopped working unexpectedly, but this was before the game even launched. I will clear up files, check firewalls and all the rest etc and make a ticket this evening if still needed o7

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I will do as you suggest. I don't think there was an error code. It simply said star citizen has stopped working unexpectedly, but this was before the game even launched. I will clear up files, check firewalls and all the rest etc and make a ticket this evening if still needed o7
If there's no error code and it's just a crash, then that certainly doesn't sound like a ban.

Check if you have ...\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizen\LIVE\game.log (just 'game' if you got file extensions hidden) or anything under %appdata%\roaming\rsilauncher\logs (could also be under local instead of roaming)
If you're not proficient at reading logs, you can paste those here and I'll give it a go.

These logs might contain your windows username mind you, so before pasting them here you may want to do a quick search and replace for it if you don't want to share that.
Mentioning in case it's like your actual name or something.

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
If there's no error code and it's just a crash, then that certainly doesn't sound like a ban.

Check if you have ...\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizen\LIVE\game.log (just 'game' if you got file extensions hidden) or anything under %appdata%\roaming\rsilauncher\logs (could also be under local instead of roaming)
If you're not proficient at reading logs, you can paste those here and I'll give it a go.

These logs might contain your windows username mind you, so before pasting them here you may want to do a quick search and replace for it if you don't want to share that.
Mentioning in case it's like your actual name or something.
That's great. I'll give that a go this evening. Thank you o7

Forgot your password?