Is this the 400i cockpit view?

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Where does this picture come from?

With 26686 EM and 5519 IR as seen on screen, it rather falls in the "medium ship" category, of the likes of Hurricane-Hornet size.

The IR is very low in comparison to the EM, that is not common for IR this low, almost like some stealth ships. The EM is of the likes of Cutlass size.

Last edited:

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Reminds me of the view from a freelancer, which everyone loves to hate on

It might also be a Crusader ship…

would also say that it has a “large” (S3) shield due to it being 25 all around (aka, having shield faces instead of a bubble shield)

Last edited:

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
I am very surprised by these stats actually.

If S3 shields and this kind of EM, this hint to a medium ship for sure.

But the IR being so low (almost close to a stock Eclipse) and for a ship emitting that little EM if equipped with S3 component, that would suggest that maybe it is a medium sized stealth ship.

Edit: or maybe it is just equipped with fancy OP Dev items ;) Since any S3 shield only (excluding other components) is around 30k EM atm

Last edited:

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Hmm interesting image...
Not really a fun of this cockpit view, I very much favor the one of the 600i with a full open view of the sourrounding later then any other view... but that I think is the ship with the best viewing alge so far...

Just a month away, I'll suspect we'll receive some ship reveiling at CitisenCon.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
The EM is in the right category for a ship with two medium reactors and two shields. The IR is much lower than any current ships of that size. That is half the IR of a Sentinel and 2/3 that of a Lancer.

If it's the 400i, it's the new stealth ship to follow. With weapons and shields off this would be harder to spot than a Ghost Hornet, Sabre or Terrapin. The only craft I can think of with lower IR is the Eclipse, and it never radiates EM like this. Whatever it is, seems must be new. 400i is an excellent guess. Would mean the niche the 400i fills in the competition between the Connie, MSR, Sentinel, Cutty, and Corsair is it's the stealth choice.

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
The 400i will need something to differentiate it from the rest of the Origin line up....
The IR is very low in comparison to the EM, that is not common for IR this low, almost like some stealth ships. The EM is of the likes of Cutlass size.
And maybe there we have it? Might the 400i be Origin's stealth cruiser?

• o7

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
The 400i will need something to differentiate it from the rest of the Origin line up....

And maybe there we have it? Might the 400i be Origin's stealth cruiser?
Thus the honesty withing the Origin 404 April Fools joke, for its size, it can still be rather stealthy, thus might not be found when searched for.

Reactions: Sky Captain

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Linking the other post about the 400i by Shadow Reaper here (if that screen is related to the 400i) :

This will be a very nice stealth ship it seems if we put all these infos here and from that link together.

• o7

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Yes well, the only reasons I can see to have 3 medium reactors instead of one large reactor are: (A) you can choose stealth reactors--there are no Large stealth reactors and (B) you can shut down some of them and have a lower EM and IR. That's a stealth design. Given three Medium coolers, you have hugely reduced IR, especially if you only run one reactor. So indeed the rumor in the post and the vid (supposedly a leak from a CIG source) definitely looks like a stealth design, and the inclusion of the detail that the coolers are all Stealth A says it is certainly intended for stealth. The base design does not use stealth A reactors, so there is room to improve the signature past the base model.

Now why would CIG give us Stealth A in the base package when they so dearly want us to pay to upgrade every ship, and not have those improvements covered by insurance? The answer is that Stealth A is most often NOT the best choice cooler for a stealth ship. Stealth coolers only lower the total IR by a couple hundred count--less than 5% on average. However, if you use industrial coolers instead, though the range you could be detected at will be higher by a tenth or so of a km, your cooling RATE can be greatly amplified. So pilots who want to be able to quickly reenter stealth after firing their engines would choose industrial rather than stealth coolers. The most dangerous stealth ships can disappear after engagement. They have industrial coolers, which CIG did not put in this bird.

• o7

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Yes well, the only reasons I can see to have 3 medium reactors instead of one large reactor are: (A) you can choose stealth reactors--there are no Large stealth reactors and (B) you can shut down some of them and have a lower EM and IR. That's a stealth design. Given three Medium coolers, you have hugely reduced IR, especially if you only run one reactor. So indeed the rumor in the post and the vid (supposedly a leak from a CIG source) definitely looks like a stealth design, and the inclusion of the detail that the coolers are all Stealth A says it is certainly intended for stealth. The base design does not use stealth A reactors, so there is room to improve the signature past the base model.

Now why would CIG give us Stealth A in the base package when they so dearly want us to pay to upgrade every ship, and not have those improvements covered by insurance? The answer is that Stealth A is most often NOT the best choice cooler for a stealth ship. Stealth coolers only lower the total IR by a couple hundred count--less than 5% on average. However, if you use industrial coolers instead, though the range you could be detected at will be higher by a tenth or so of a km, your cooling RATE can be greatly amplified. So pilots who want to be able to quickly reenter stealth after firing their engines would choose industrial rather than stealth coolers. The most dangerous stealth ships can disappear after engagement. They have industrial coolers, which CIG did not put in this bird.
Then why not use a blend of Stealth & an Industrial components? Such as, with a 3 person crew, you have 1 person dedicated to switching things between stealth & non-stealth settings. If the single Industrial cooler runs lower IR than the Stealth, you could have them turn on & off coolers & components to power up to attack, then power down to conceal while the pilot moves positions to set up another ambush attack. Or am I missing something obvious?

Reactions: Shadow Reaper

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Then why not use a blend of Stealth & an Industrial components? Such as, with a 3 person crew, you have 1 person dedicated to switching things between stealth & non-stealth settings. If the single Industrial cooler runs lower IR than the Stealth, you could have them turn on & off coolers & components to power up to attack, then power down to conceal while the pilot moves positions to set up another ambush attack. Or am I missing something obvious?
You can't turn off coolers, but you may be able to swap them with reactors on. We'll have to wait and see. But yes certainly, you can mix and match industrial and stealth coolers. It really depends what you plan to use the stealth for.

If you intend to hide and launch a missile barrage from stealth, you get first strike advantage and that may be all you need. Use stealth coolers. If you want to disappear off an enemy's scopes every time you circle in combat, use industrial.

The 400i is not a combat ship. Given the vast bulk of its use of stealth would be to go unnoticed, Stealth A coolers are just fine. Whether you would want to be able to disappear after being sighted really has more to do with the relative speed of the ship as related to its prey or hunter. So best choice is a huge, open question and having three spare coolers aboard would be a wise choice.

Note though, there are no "extra" players on this ship. It doesn't even have crew for a dedicated sensor/power management/missileer person. The guys sitting turrets are going to both have way too much to do without getting out of their seats to plug in new components. This ship needs players who are all on top of their game. Happily, it seems the whole crew will be seated together on the bridge, so they should have excellent communication. I love this part of the design.

We can't talk about the pirating/boarding potential for this yet as the Absolution Distortion Scattergun still has the new, pathetic figures that make it unusable. However, given the Absolution's pre-fubar figures, this ship would do 30k distortion DPS just with the pilot weapons. That's enough to disable a Lancer's shields in 2.5 seconds. This could make a fair boarding platform if CIG ever fixes the Distortion Scatterguns, since that sort of raiding requires stealth for a quick first strike out of nowhere.

Last edited:
  • Glorious
Forgot your password?