Is this the reworked 300 Series?

Accented

Vice Admiral
Jan 23, 2016
RSI Handle
Accented

From the Gamestar interview with Chris Roberts. It looks like the wings got stretched out by a fair amount, and the cabin widened and shortened. The transition between the main cabin and the engine block also appears to be smoothed out. Additionally, the landing gear appears to be shorter.

I WANT TO BELIEVE

Last edited:
Reactions: maynard and marctek

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
CIG developers have long made a big show in videos of the different lenses that are used as you zoom in and out on your ship.

A wide angle lens close to your subject will have a very different field of view compared to a zoom lens from far away if the item in the picture is the same size in the frame. Although they are not the same size in the frame the same applies here, the lens is a lot further away from the ship in the landscape.

Go stand next to your car about foot away and look down the side of it with one eye. It swoops away in every direction and the back is waaay smaller than the front which appears huge and bulbous. Now go over the street and look at it with one eye. It looks in proportion, even a little flattened in perspective. This is basically what i think is happening.

I want to believe too, but i feel the different ship fuselage is the detail model at this distance (put detail to low and look at a connie over 2000m away its just boxes) and the different wings the result of wideangle lens effects with the camera being way closer in the space picture.

:(

Has there been any news anywhere on the 300 update pass? I want to knooooow!

Last edited:
Forgot your password?