It has begun

LurchLord

Space Marshal
Apr 30, 2016
RSI Handle
LurchLord
I suggest checking E-Mails, for the floodgates are about to be opened.

Currently installing Pyro Technical Preview.

Uptimes taken from Spectrum:

SCHEDULE
(times in UTC may be the following day)

October 31 // 12 PM Pacific / 7 PM UTC (US)
November 1 // 6 AM Pacific / 1 PM UTC (EU)
November 2 // 11 PM Pacific / 6 AM UTC (APAC)
November 3 // 12 PM Pacific / 7 PM UTC (US)
November 4 // 6 AM Pacific / 1 PM UTC (EU)
November 5 // 11 PM Pacific / 7 AM UTC (APAC)
November 6 // 12 PM Pacific / 8 PM UTC (US)
November 7 // 6 AM Pacific / 2 PM UTC (EU)
November 8 // 11 PM Pacific / 7 AM UTC (APAC)
November 9 // 12 PM Pacific / 8 PM UTC (US)
November 10 // 6 AM Pacific / 2 PM UTC (EU)
November 11 // 11 PM Pacific / 7 AM UTC (APAC)
November 12 // 12 PM Pacific / 8 PM UTC (US)
November 13 // 6 AM Pacific / 2 PM UTC (EU)
November 14 // 11 PM Pacific / 7 AM UTC (APAC)

LurchLord

Space Marshal
Apr 30, 2016
RSI Handle
LurchLord
ScreenShot-2023-11-01_01-20-30-EE1.jpg

Looking for a place to land

ScreenShot-2023-11-01_01-39-06-4C6.jpg

Found one.

Surprisingly pleasant experience on my first excursion into the lawless hellscape of the outlaw regions of space.
Found 5 or 6 stripped corpses right outside the starting hab, but other than that, no violence to be seen.
Even found a MIS Lancer landed on a hill, and the 2 man crew jumping up and down next to the ship. Had not seen other players on live in quite some time, at least not outside of cities.

Running rather smooth and stable, for the most part. Not even bad in the frames department.
Of course, that was just a little jump across the system, a nice flight across a new planet, being informed by the hud that I am trespassing on Xenothread property, bravely retreating at full speed and landing on a mountain a few kilometers away.
We shall see what further testing will unveil.

That sun activity stuff is going to get old pretty fast, I feel. Might just be me, but I just can't see myself being fine with what it does to the screen.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
For those of you struggling with the download size, create a new folder in the same folder as the /LIVE folder named: TECH-PREVIEW
Copy the contents of the LIVE folder to the new folder.
This should reduce the download size to around 4-6gb instead of the 80+gb you're likely seeing.
If it already created the folder but still has a massive download size then close the launcher, delete the contents of the folder, then copy the contents of LIVE over like above. Now when it does the verify step it should see you no longer need the massive download, instead giving you the smaller download.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I grabbed the full 90 gigs, wanted a fresh start to reduce chance of bugs.
Loaded in fine, bit of chugging while it loaded up the fresh stuff but runs nice and smooth otherwise.
No one shot me, surprisingly. Set out in my 300i after some shopping, flew to the nearest planet, Pyro 2 I think (Bloom?). The base I warped to shot up a warning that I was about to tresspass on Headhunter territory.
So I started strafing the base, as one does in such cases.
Flew by a few times at max scm, a tower didn't load in time so I clipped it with the right wing, tried to pull up, crashing canopy-first to the ground as the ship tumbled out of control caused by the input, but the angle was so shallow I survived!
After gaining some altitude I switched to exterior view to assess the damage. Left wing was gone. Right wing still had most of it left except for the top part. Then I aimed the ship up a bit, and hit boost.
And that was when my right wing disintegrated, piece by piece! I've never seen this happen before! I was so astounded I forgot how important the wings were on the 300i.
It came as a slight surprise when I reached the nearest space station and tried to slow down, that nothing happened. My speed didn't change, at all. Did the only thing I could think of, 180, full burners. Managed to stop right beside the hangar gate. Slowly inching in, the ship got through the energy shield thingy, and promptly crashed to the ground like a brick. It bounced, rolled, but after some struggling with what was left of the thrusters I managed to roll it back on it's wheels.
"Landing complete"
Great success!

ScreenShot-2023-10-31_22-50-10-BFF.jpg

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Well, I got my access and tried Pyro today.
For all of those warnings of "This is very unstable and buggy," it was remarkably stable and bug-free.
I only 30k'd twice and fell through the ground once during a two hour session. We've had LIVE patches with way worse performance. I seem to recall a 3.0X patch that crashed like every 15 minutes. And when the expo centers first came around I was falling through the floor constantly.
And I found some ReplaceMe -balls but other than that, pretty cool. Pretty cool.

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
Well, I got in for a bit! Looks great, ran pretty smoothly, didn't get much done other than blow up and Idris but didn't get the mission for it to complete. Only one 30k while I was on. Bit of griping about PVP griefing but I didn't think it was all that bad. One guy shot at my Warden from his Cutter so I blew him up, and another Corsair started shooting my tail when I went to land, so I just turned around and blew him up too. No other issues to speak of!
ScreenShot-2023-10-31_16-57-25-0A0.jpg
ScreenShot-2023-10-31_16-56-39-D08.jpg
ScreenShot-2023-11-01_17-10-03-EDF.jpg

CRISS9000

Space Marshal
Jul 13, 2016
RSI Handle
criss9000
turns out I can't get into the pyro preview. I keep getting an error saying "CODE 19000, account login timeout, this was encountered during the phase of initiation" and every time I restart the launcher it has to re-install an update to the tech-preview branch.

I tried to logout and relog into the launcher and to erase my PTU account and re-copy. no luck.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Well, I got in for a bit! Looks great, ran pretty smoothly, didn't get much done other than blow up and Idris but didn't get the mission for it to complete. Only one 30k while I was on. Bit of griping about PVP griefing but I didn't think it was all that bad. One guy shot at my Warden from his Cutter so I blew him up, and another Corsair started shooting my tail when I went to land, so I just turned around and blew him up too. No other issues to speak of!
View attachment 25119
View attachment 25118
View attachment 25120
So, a mentally defunct backer logs into Pyro PTU, kick starts their drake starter ship busted ass lawnmower style & starts randomly shooting at another player with a superior ship only to get themself nerfed and starts bitching about griefing? Probably some dumb punk kid skipping school. They probably think that their parents hand me down old work PC is the greatest gaming PC ever built. Ah, the ignorance of youth.

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
So just saying and I'm well aware you all obviously know this.
But Star Citizen has but ONE root directory.
Why am I mentioning this?
Because yesterday I tried to install the Pyro experience even though I did not get an inviatation. But you want to be prepared, right?
Because of a cluttered drive D: I chose to change the Install directory to something on drive C:\ .
This obviously worked BUT as I changed back to the Live enviroment I got stuck in a new full install.
Because the root directory works Highlander style.
"There can only be one!"
Well I easily fixed it by changin the root back to D:\, deleteing some unneeded stuff and copying the Pyro Directory next to my Live folder. So now I can do Live and Pyro side by side.
I'm simply mentioning this to keep you from wasting time on installations only to bash your head against the wall later because of something you should have known in the first place.
Oh well, at least it kept me busy while waiting for that mail...
"Come on, come on..." :-)

Forgot your password?