It looks like I have a choice to make tomorrow

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
Since tomorrow is Origin day, I have come to realize that there is a hole in my fleet that needs filling. I don't have a E-warfare ship. Sure, I have the Herald, but that's an info runner. What I am looking at, is a ship designed to fuck with electronics. I'm talking about the Sentinel and the Warlock.

So there lies the decision. Do I want to go cheap and pick up a Warlock? Or do I abandon half-measures and go for the Sentinel. I would usually go straight for the full deal. I make enough to buy myself pretty things. However, Thursday I have a defined purchase picked out. I plan on buying a Merchantman IMMEDIATELY. I want that shit like a bottle of rum at an AA meeting...

So with $350 more already spent, is it really worth going with the Sentinel? Honestly, either of them will likely just sit in my garage, all lonely and abandoned. So I guess the better choice would be the Warlock if that's the case.

So I guess I have made up my mind. I'm getting the Sentinel.

I mean Warlock

Sentinel

Shit...

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
Get both, put them in a dark room with some alcohol and enjoy the SentiLock.
Sorted.
It'd be like a bigger Avenger maybe sleeked back a little and one of those big ass Connie guns poking out the front like a frat boy at a strip club...

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
Sentinel is Aegis and so is the Warlock. You'll have to wait another day.
Yup, sure enough. My dates were wrong. I can reade gud... The issue still stands though. It's postponed by a couple days, but still there.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
there is a hole in my fleet that needs filling.
Phrasing!?

Also, keep in mind, the Sentinel and the Warlock are going to have very separate roles in E-WAR. You have passive (sentinel) and active (warlock). One is for the offensive, as in attacking others, while the other is more for hiding you and your teammates presence.

Just words of wisdom.

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
You have passive (sentinel) and active (warlock).
Well then. I believe you have just solved the issue right there. I want electronic WARFARE, not hello kitty electronic adventures... Warlock it is. See? You just saved me $180 and a pile of pacifist tears. I do appreciate it.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Well then. I believe you have just solved the issue right there. I want electronic WARFARE, not hello kitty electronic adventures... Warlock it is. See? You just saved me $180 and a pile of pacifist tears. I do appreciate it.
I teach avionics fundamentals for the Navy. Fairly knowledgeable regarding most things aviation related.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
The Avenger is prettier. And cheaper. And less fulfilling.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: hardroc77

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
I actually have both. The Warlock is kinda cool. I just have to get my timing down better to power my ship back up before the targets ships so I can score some hits. The Sentinel is still an unknown. CIG is probably going to tune it before launch so who knows what its methods will be.

Reactions: Bruttle

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
I actually have both. The Warlock is kinda cool. I just have to get my timing down better to power my ship back up before the targets ships so I can score some hits. The Sentinel is still an unknown. CIG is probably going to tune it before launch so who knows what its methods will be.
The way you talk about it, it seems like a fairly delicate affair. I was hoping for a ship that could stop another ship dead in it's tracks. If I want to stop a ship for the purposes of taking it's contents, I don't want to destroy it. Take bounty hunting. If the reward is higher for taking a fugitive alive, I will want to be shooting with less than lethal guns.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like the EMP on the Warlock has a very short duration of effectiveness. That may not be what I'm looking for.

Reactions: hardroc77

Varku

Space Marshal
Apr 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Varku
The Herald can also do a decent amount of E-War. Yes it's not equiped with an EMP module,
but it comes with a decent amount of Data-Spike Missles and a large amount of processing power (to deal with encryption)
When it manages to establish a link to the ennemy ship with one of it's dataspike missles, it can manipulate ship systems possibly rendering it defenseless.
Sorry to throw this ship back in the pool :P

Reactions: Bruttle
Forgot your password?