It's a sign...

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Have not yet consumed 3BP but now I'm aware of it, it may move itself into my orbit somehow :glorious:
Its great. The fact that it’s originally written in Chinese makes it different than the usual Western Sci-fi fare. I love history so I really appreciate the novel highlighting the Cultural Revolution which is a very dark period in China’s history.

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
Its great. The fact that it’s originally written in Chinese makes it different than the usual Western Sci-fi fare. I love history so I really appreciate the novel highlighting the Cultural Revolution which is a very dark period in China’s history.
Yeah, that cultural revolution thread of the story was so uncomfortable to read it kind of spoiled the rest of the book for me. Very clever core premise, though.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Yeah, that cultural revolution thread of the story was so uncomfortable to read it kind of spoiled the rest of the book for me. Very clever core premise, though.
I thought it was well done and it needed to be told. I’m actually surprised the novel passed the Censors.

When I was a kid I had a teacher who tutored me in Chinese. He didn’t really like to talk about it but he was one of the ‘intellectuals’ who was caught up in the Cultural Revolution. He was sent to Inner Mongolia to be ‘reeducated’. Crazy times.

Forgot your password?