Ive been in a 4 day complete Cyberpunk media black out! WTF is going on :D

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
This game absolutely rocks! Spent the last 25 hours playing it (didn't even sleep).
Night City is incredible, the amount of details is just breath taking, reminds me of my bar hopping days lol.

I haven't the slightest idea why some people don't like it. I can see myself playing this game for thousands of hour this entire year :p
Dont rush!

Do sidequests, do the random events...

The main story line can be completed in 40hrs!

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
This game absolutely rocks! Spent the last 25 hours playing it (didn't even sleep).
Night City is incredible, the amount of details is just breath taking, reminds me of my bar hopping days lol.

I haven't the slightest idea why some people don't like it. I can see myself playing this game for thousands of hour this entire year :p
I think we are desensitized to NPCs standing around doing nothing and being dumb, physics being broken, objects hangin in the air, cars being stupid, and the police response being as rudimentary as if a 10 year old kid programmed them in an afternoon. Cos we play SC which is waaaaaaaay more broken, and we still enjoy it for what it is. Nothing I've played since SC came close to it in atmosphere and feeling of presence. Night City does. It is breathtaking!

Yep, I'm 103 hours in, and the side quests are what makes it shine. Take in the sights, do the smaller side gigs, breath in the atmosphere. It will only make the ending better! Oh, and do set the difficulty higher than "normal" if you feel you are getting a bit bored with the gigs, it gets waaay too easy really fast with all the broken crit system and damage stacking.

I've done all the side quests marked on my map except for buying all the cars, which for me is one of the most important goals. I just have no idea how to get the money for them without exploiting the very broken crafting system or doing the painting+vending machine exploit. I got all the ones I like anyways.
I got all of Johnny's stuff, got all the endings done, yes even the secret one.
I'm a tad disappointed that it's over. I know there must be some hidden missions still around cos I don't have the achievements for any of the districts being complete, but I don't think I can be arsed to do all the blue marks on the map.
Tried running the border tonight. It is possible easily, I got through multiple times, but got killed by some invisible force the moment I got a couple of meters away from the gates. Meh...

Anyways, I still wonder what kind of meaningful story DLC can we expect. Can't wait to find out though! :D

Reactions: Blind Owl

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I think in my case I stayed away from videos or guides of Cyberpunk because I wanted a fresh and new feeling, I hate watching videos of games I am excited for, which in hind sight for me was a mistake, I spec'd all over the place and without a respec option my play was a bit undedicated and that is where my fun most likely ended up being ruined at some point, my points were so spread out I never mastered anything and I didn't know there was a cap either lmao.

I tried to play through in a different story and for me the replay value is just lacking, outside of the prologue there just isn't much difference outside of the choices you make, the same quests, the same everything. I think I got burned out on doing so many side quests like the previous post said, I am a guy who likes to complete all the side quests before moving on and while fun again I think because of my spec choices it hurt my personal gameplay.

I have about 100 hrs into the game and while I agree on PC at least this game was a success, it is severely lacking in the A.I. and open world, I hate to compare it to Red Dead 2 but its hard not to when you look at the timeline of both games, RDR2 was just short of perfection, the graphics, the immersion, I dare anyone to pick a game that immersed you into a genre like RDR2 did, you would wander for days in that game in just awe of the ambience. If this game had more of this it would have been a 10 but the world just felt bland and the A.I. just felt dead and lifeless to me.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I think in my case I stayed away from videos or guides of Cyberpunk because I wanted a fresh and new feeling, I hate watching videos of games I am excited for, which in hind sight for me was a mistake, I spec'd all over the place and without a respec option my play was a bit undedicated and that is where my fun most likely ended up being ruined at some point, my points were so spread out I never mastered anything and I didn't know there was a cap either lmao.

I tried to play through in a different story and for me the replay value is just lacking, outside of the prologue there just isn't much difference outside of the choices you make, the same quests, the same everything. I think I got burned out on doing so many side quests like the previous post said, I am a guy who likes to complete all the side quests before moving on and while fun again I think because of my spec choices it hurt my personal gameplay.

I have about 100 hrs into the game and while I agree on PC at least this game was a success, it is severely lacking in the A.I. and open world, I hate to compare it to Red Dead 2 but its hard not to when you look at the timeline of both games, RDR2 was just short of perfection, the graphics, the immersion, I dare anyone to pick a game that immersed you into a genre like RDR2 did, you would wander for days in that game in just awe of the ambience. If this game had more of this it would have been a 10 but the world just felt bland and the A.I. just felt dead and lifeless to me.
Interesting, I specced all over the place as was necessitated by dialog choices and I wanted to get into crafting even before I knew how broken it was so I went mostly techie. I'm only lvl 47 and have like 10 unassigned spec points. It doesn't seem to affect anything. I started putting every good weapon I have into my stash and selling everything short of iconic, and using whatever I can pick up from the first enemy I drop, just to keep things interesting, cos I'm already op af.
Tldr.: heavily.specking into a "build" doesn't really net you anything extra apart from a few lines of dialog and maybe some peaceful resolution options in some very rare cases, and grants Use of some high end body mods which I found lacking. That's it. You haven't missed it on much.

Btw, yesterday I went for a sightseeing ride on top of some cars, played the floors is lava jumping from roof to roof... it was fun until I realized two immersion breaking things. First that the cars stop for no reason at some points in the middle.of the road, like there is no where left to go, with 5 wide open empty lanes in front of them. The other is mich worse even imo. Do NOT try this unless you want to break your immersion even more: get into trafficking on foot, preferably on top of a.car so you can see, and do a few 360 turns with the camera. Yeah... not even GTA3 was this bad.
The cars change, even the ones right behind you, every time you rotate out of view

Reactions: Blind Owl and Phil

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
It is good on PC buy it!

I have had it for 43 hours and have played 17.5 hours. I am doing the side quests and exploring. Its strange how some of the visuals are great and yet a few are dated maybe 5-6 years. The game play is fantastic apart from the driving. Well scripted and very few bugs for me, certainly no game destroying ones.
I do not like the fact that if I take on harder quests I can not use the items until I reach a certain level. At level 3 I killed a strong character ( on the fifth or sixth attempt) and got a level 18 rifle that I can not use until I reach that level it seems.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Interesting, I specced all over the place as was necessitated by dialog choices and I wanted to get into crafting even before I knew how broken it was so I went mostly techie. I'm only lvl 47 and have like 10 unassigned spec points. It doesn't seem to affect anything. I started putting every good weapon I have into my stash and selling everything short of iconic, and using whatever I can pick up from the first enemy I drop, just to keep things interesting, cos I'm already op af.
Tldr.: heavily.specking into a "build" doesn't really net you anything extra apart from a few lines of dialog and maybe some peaceful resolution options in some very rare cases, and grants Use of some high end body mods which I found lacking. That's it. You haven't missed it on much.

Btw, yesterday I went for a sightseeing ride on top of some cars, played the floors is lava jumping from roof to roof... it was fun until I realized two immersion breaking things. First that the cars stop for no reason at some points in the middle.of the road, like there is no where left to go, with 5 wide open empty lanes in front of them. The other is mich worse even imo. Do NOT try this unless you want to break your immersion even more: get into trafficking on foot, preferably on top of a.car so you can see, and do a few 360 turns with the camera. Yeah... not even GTA3 was this bad.
The cars change, even the ones right behind you, every time you rotate out of view
Ya I spread my points so far around I don't have any of the more powerful abilities lmao, I know there is a respec thing for 100k just never got it, never saved up for it either.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Ya I spread my points so far around I don't have any of the more powerful abilities lmao, I know there is a respec thing for 100k just never got it, never saved up for it either.
The 100K respec thing, which you can buy from ripperdocs, can only reset your perk points, not your main spec points. Those are fo life! Unless you use a save editor or trainer I guess lol

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
Dont rush!

Do sidequests, do the random events...

The main story line can be completed in 40hrs!
Yup for sure no rush, a game like this you got to take your time to enjoy.
I'm only level 11 and doing everything in Watson still.

I had to redo my toon twice. The first time I got to level 13and realize you cannot respec attributes so I deleted, the 2nd time just foolishly screwed up on a couple of attributes.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Well, I just put in another couple of hours into my first character still.
Started roaming the streets, doing all the police calls. I went by my own rules of selling every weapon I come across after my bag is full, and using whatever I find to keep things interesting. Man, if you liked the John Wick movies, you gotta try to Nue pistol. It's a tad too slow for the full immersion, but the reload... :D
Speaking of which, I just realized how much of a decent shooter this game is, compared to other shooter RPGs like Fallout. The gunplay is sooo much more satisfying. Especially if you go back to basics like the Nue, stripped down with no sights. (Nue=New=Neo=Keanu=J.Wick=gun handling from film? Yeah I know it's forced but still...)

Anyways, had a lot of fun snap-headshotting gonks all over the place like a frickin terminator. It's more power fantasy than Doom Eternal was, that's for sure lol

Also did some easter egg hunting, so I'm just gonna leave this here:
photomode_13012021_030823.png

photomode_13012021_030407.png

ps: photo mode is second to none, maybe only RDR2 had this level of proper adjustability and ease of use
psps: I work in CG yet I'm absolutely shit at taking decent photos... how do I even have a job? lul

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
These Tranquilizer rounds are so powerful! I'm trying not to use them but I can't help it lol
One shot any enemy at any level. Puts them to sleep and you just come and slash them on the ground :p
And you can get them before level 10, I think.

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
I think I completely broke the game. Doing 28k damage per shot on a 10 shot/sec sub machine gun.
Not using stealth or any other mechanisms, just run in and shoot. Not using any of the OP iconic weapons either, I avoided those.

I run through crowds of Level 50s and clear them out in seconds :O

Edit:
No head shots, run in shoot them anywhere. Would work with a level 1 machine gun.

Last edited:

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
There are a couple of weapons and abilities which make you very OP.

Im not sure why this was by design. The game is fun and challenging, then you hit somewhere around level 20 and you find that good weapon or ability. From that point you can one shot almost every enemy in the game.

I dont know why they felt that was balanced.

Still, its fun mowing down the bad guys.

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
Oh yeah it's absolutely awesome smoking them lol
One shots are pretty easy to do because everything stacks. I can do over 500k with a pistol and 1M+ with a sniper rifle. I don't use any iconic weapons, the build doesn't allow me.
But, trying to get a machine gun that normally maxes out at 3-6k damage per shot (just normal shot, no stealth, no headshots) to do 28k per shot, I haven't seen anyone do this.

At that damage it's 1 or 2 hits on very hard diff. So you can just run in and brrrrttt everything in a second since it fires 10 rounds per sec.

Oh and I found a way to slow time down indefinitely. If you're a terrible aim like me haha

Edit:
These are not bugs or glitches, they are by design. I assume they wanted people to experiment around to find what works best for them.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?