Javelin and Idris-P no LTI WTF

Captain.Harlock

Grand Admiral
Dec 10, 2015
RSI Handle
asianassassin
@Sirus7264 Wow congrats man! that's a hefty amount of cash to throw down at once!
But hey! we Jav bros now! High Fives

Yep, got my Jav

Then gonna melt those hammerheads and something else and fight for an idris-p tonight.
And buy the hammerheads back at my leisure.
That's my plan anyway.. lol

got your jav...and every other ships!!lol

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Eve online and most likely Star Citizen will also be a game you can play years on as well.

Additionally, the last time I heard, Hull Insurance was based on time in game, not just a flat "X months".

So 60 month insurance is 43,800 hours of game time. Or 15 years of playing 8 hours a day, every day.

I think that'll do for most people, but I'm also one of the "give every ship purchased before the game launches LTI since CIG tacks it onto every concept sale + CCU anyway" guys.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Oh i'll be waiting for my resident owl you can park in my hanger bay when you arrive.
Dirty. I love it.
Additionally, the last time I heard, Hull Insurance was based on time in game, not just a flat "X months".

So 60 month insurance is 43,800 hours of game time. Or 15 years of playing 8 hours a day, every day.

I think that'll do for most people, but I'm also one of the "give every ship purchased before the game launches LTI since CIG tacks it onto every concept sale + CCU anyway" guys.
Concur with this. May as well grant everyone LTI. You can just imagine that rage if people start loosing real money assets in a game. Egad.

Reactions: Sraika and supitza

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Dirty. I love it.

Concur with this. May as well grant everyone LTI. You can just imagine that rage if people start loosing real money assets in a game. Egad.
I understand. We back the game and in exchange, we get something: a ship, a game package, items, whatever.
If I know I run the risk of having the product I received in exchange for my pledge disappear (even if it's in 5 years from now), I wouldn't buy that product.
That's why I'm never buying a product without LTI.

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
Thing is though, they haven't actually specified (to my knowledge) whether they mean 6 months of real time spent in game, or 6 months of in-game time, spent in game. If there's an accelerated time scale in game, that could actually go pretty quick.
Still, this is CIG, so I don't expect them to fuck us over too bad, and it probably is the first option.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I understand. We back the game and in exchange, we get something: a ship, a game package, items, whatever.
If I know I run the risk of having the product I received in exchange for my pledge disappear (even if it's in 5 years from now), I wouldn't buy that product.
That's why I'm never buying a product without LTI.
Amen to that brother.
Thing is though, they haven't actually specified (to my knowledge) whether they mean 6 months of real time spent in game, or 6 months of in-game time, spent in game. If there's an accelerated time scale in game, that could actually go pretty quick.
Still, this is CIG, so I don't expect them to fuck us over too bad, and it probably is the first option.
I don't know where it was stated, but I'm certain that it's in game time. Much like when you rent something from the Electronic Access store: 7 days isn't 7 days real time. It only counts a day if you log into the game.

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
I don't know where it was stated, but I'm certain that it's in game time. Much like when you rent something from the Electronic Access store: 7 days isn't 7 days real time. It only counts a day if you log into the game.
It would make sense if it worked the same way as the Electronic Access store, since they're all about "consistency" and "metrics" and that sort of thing. :)

Forgot your password?