Javelin funding complete. TSS Murderer acquired.

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
I say that he sells it on the grey market for the extra cash and we as an org pledge to replace it for him once the PU launches.

However, if he's still wanting *correction: willing* to sell it to the org at a (very substantial) loss then I'll toss $20 into the pot for it.
Just wanted to point out that it's not my idea that he get more money and we get him one in game. I first heard the idea from @EpilepticCricket and @CosmicTrader (in Discord).

I Really REALLY think he needs to get the extra $2500, if he sells it. We don't need Charity. We already have thousands of dollars, and Javelins, and we're going to have a Bengal. The ORG should help when it can, and in this case, taking his ship on the cheap is cheating him....

vindslav

Vice Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
vindslav
As great a deal this is for the Org, I am going to be the black sheep and suggest that he just grey market it. Personally, I would rather hear that a Testie got a few more bucks to help with the arrival of his new youngling, than our org getting a ship at greatly reduced expense.

The youngling is more important than a .jpg afterall.

EDIT: Did not notice the Canadian above me, great minds think alike, eh?

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
As great a deal this is for the Org, I am going to be the black sheep and suggest that he just grey market it. Personally, I would rather hear that a Testie got a few more bucks to help with the arrival of his new youngling, than our org getting a ship at greatly reduced expense.

EH!

Reactions: AstroSam
Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake

I am going to agree kids are expensive i should know, though if murderer wants to keep it in the org he should beoffered tbat right. I woulf buy it for 3k if i had the money.

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
I say lets gauge how much we can gather together, the more the better and then @Murderer can make a decision what way he wants to go. The reality of the grey market for something so pricy, I doubt it will sell quick. Would be nice to keep that puppy in the org but for a fair price also for the owner.

Yes..... $50 from me

Soven Taliesyn

Space Marshal
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Soven-Taliesyn
I'm all for him going grey. We as an org don't need one and he has a person could use more than what he's offering the org for it. I'm all for grinding to get him one in game. On that note, we as an org could just as easily grind up one for the Corp that isn't on loan from another player. It's not like this is some 20 man group.

That being said, IF we do buy from him I think we should do more than just the minimum sales price. As much as reasonably possible anyway.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Don't think I quite understand this as I am in the UK and benefit from the NHS... so in the USA you have to pay to give birth??

If he can get big money for the craft, I say he go get it... but if its a balance between sell to the ORG and safely deliver a baby or keep it and have to put his kid on credit, well, I just would not be able to live with myself if they repossessed his child.

If it goes ahead for ORG, I'll donate £20gbp which at todays rate is $29.4020usd. Come the donation stage it may be more or less than $29.4020 but we'll cross that when we get to it. :confused:

Edit count for this post: 1 GBP = 1.47016 USD

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Don't think I quite understand this as I am in the UK and benefit from the NHS... so in the USA you have to pay to give birth??

If he can get big money for the craft, I say he go get it... but if its a balance between sell to the ORG and safely deliver a baby or keep it and have to put his kid on credit, well, I just would not be able to live with myself if they repossessed his child.

If it goes ahead for ORG, I'll donate £20gbp which at todays rate is $29.4020usd. Come the donation stage it may be more or less than $29.4020 but we'll cross that when we get to it. :confused:

You know you could have just said 30US, now Montoya has to deal with decimals. :rolleyes: There are many countries with a public healthcare system like you guys have, like Australia and Canada atleast. America isnt one of them, no money no care. Saw a good documentary about it called "sicko" i think.

RipVanDan

Space Marshal
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
RipVanDan

Go big business health care.
Average cost of baby without insurance 2k. I have to pay about $700 a month for my employer sponsored health insurance. I hope that is close to the average. Cost of NICU 50k a day. Americans that declare bankruptcy due to medical costs .7% a year.

All statistics are from personal experience or the interwebs and 60% of the time are true every time.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
To be clear, @Murderer is well aware of his options.

His first choice is to sell to the org.

I have tried to convince him otherwise, but he is an idiot. ;)
In that case, he must be a spai! :)

"I need money, I'll sell my most prized possession. But I'll take a huge loss on it, for TEST! Because I don't really need money, I was just joking." Spai!

Either that or he has taken drunken-decision-making to the next level.

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
it will be a week or two but I am good for at least 25.00

Reactions: AstroSam
Forgot your password?