JP leaving cig :(

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
It surely is a sign of CR's Missmanagement and his failure to keep a company together. Also I wouldn't say its a scam its just gambling with very bad odds.
When is this game ever going to be finished? This game took longer than bringing the US to the moon. What is this last patch? YOU HAVE TO BUY A SHIP FOR 185$ TO LITARALLY PLAY THIS GAME!
CR YOU PLAYED WITH OUR HEARTS AND YOU RIPPED THEM OUT AND SERVED THEM TO SANDY AS A DISH!!!!
I'M SO ANGRY I CNAT ENEV ENGLISHCANY=MRO
i like so far what i see

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
It could be a sign of mismanagement, but I know from my own personal experience its difficult to work with team members who are not in the same office as it greatly slows down collaboration. In fact we are two weeks into a design review with counter parts in India were we could have easily hashed it out in 15 mins if we could have had a face to face meeting. But a 24 hour response cycle slows everything down.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
JP wrote the system and tools that implements IFCS in the game. Designers can now take the tools and instead of having to apply thrust values to each thruster can put in the axis thrust value and turn rate they want for the ship and it calculates the thruster thrust value for them. It also allows for the thrust location to be anywhere on the ship the designer wants even though he strongly suggests they try and put it were the graphical animation exists for realism.
So does the system as envisioned allow one to replace or overclock thrusters in order to enhance performance? Basically if you buy a cheap bird it will have cheap thrusters that can be upgraded? That was an early promise and I'm not sure the system you describe supports this.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
As far as my understanding is that the IFCS only takes the thruster values as given by the designers and applies them in a controlled feed back loop to apply the correct thruster pairing to achieve the desired pilot request response. As for what the thruster values are was not under his control and was more a design element given to other teams.

One of the better threads where he talked about how the flight system works can be found here.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/50259/thread/ifcs-q-a/1273761

Reactions: Shadow Reaper
Forgot your password?