Just throwing this out there

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
There is a persistent rumor, strengthened by the Ares brochure that we will see Pirate Idris spawns in the game with the coming of server side OCS.

How many of you would be up for getting a few Moles(+ distraction support) and the cheap high power mining heads equipped and going to try to 'mine' such a ship for fun?

Last edited:

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
Well the Polaris isn't around yet, though that would be a perfect surprise ship for the Idris event. Now that said, the Ares, both in zap zap and brrrrrt form paired along with a small fleet of eclipses would be perfect for taking that idris down. I think a few moles with cheap high-powered mining drills making close ranged strafe runs against an idris would just make for some serious comedic value.

So Plan A would be a fleet of small ships. Ares and Eclipses, maybe some support fighters for cover. I'm thinking we get at least 2 of the zap zap and 2 of the brrrrt variants, then bombard the Idris with as many torps from the Eclipses as we can.

Plan B is far less tactical and more in-line with TEST. We fully crew as many Moles as we can and the left overs pilot prospectors. Everybody gets a cheap high-powered mining head and we go in and try to take the Idris down that way.

I vote for plan B personally! But either way, I'd ask my fellow TESTies to record so I can do a multi angle video of whatever happens here. :o7:

Last edited:

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
There is a persistent rumor, strengthened by the Ares brochure that we will see Pirate Idris spawns in the game with the coming of server side OCS.

How many of you would be up for getting a few Moles(+ distraction support) and the cheap high power mining heads equipped and going to try to 'mine' such a ship for fun?
OH I would be up for that. The Prospector can blow up fighters in no time, I bet the Mole could do well against an Idris. You could let some folks with FPS mining lasers have at it too, just to see what happens.

Last edited:

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino

Choke their engine with some Aurora wreck and you are good to go... no need for this type of complex plan...

Forgot your password?