Just watched the PowerRangers movie for the first time.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Yes, the first one, only 23 years after its release. It was my Wifes revenge for my making her watch Dominator twice.

I would say although each film had its strengths and weaknesses, I think they are about on a par...

I was most surprised to see in the end credits of MMPR some of the songs in the soundtrack were by Van Halen and the Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

My favorite part was the fight with the Bone-Dinosaur where the pink ranger shouts "Wait for me!" according to the subtitles, but it actually sounds just like "Not the face!".

The wifes favorite part is where the Red Ranger nearly gets castrated.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
... is dominator a good movie?
Considering the limitations the production was under they did an incredible job - it was originally supposed to be episodic but was then commissioned into feature-length for the Sci-FI channel, and it was basically made by one man on his Mac at home, so walk into it expecting something 100% CGI that was made in 2003 on a home computer on a shoe-string budget with no time to polish it, and you can't be disappointed.

I've got Dominator on DVD - I like it but there is no accounting for personal taste. My favorite part is the whole movie, the wifes favorite part is where Dominator, voiced by Dani Filth from the band Cradle Of Filth, says "Maybe I'm just not evil enough or something".

Another quote, direct from the pages of IMDB:

"Dominator: Oi! Marilyn Manson-type retard thing!"

Last edited:

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
Considering the limitations the production was under they did an incredible job - it was originally supposed to be episodic but was then commissioned into feature-length for the Sci-FI channel, and it was basically made by one man on his Mac at home, so walk into it expecting something that was made in 2003 on a home computer and you can't be disappointed.

I've got Dominator on DVD - I like it but there is no accounting for personal taste. My favorite part is the whole movie, the wifes favorite part is where Dominator, voiced by Dani Filth from the band Cradle Of Filth, says "Maybe I'm just not evil enough or something".
ill have to check it out lol

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
ill have to check it out lol
My wife says "Poor you."

I don't know if you'll enjoy it but if you enjoyed the Power Rangers movie there is a fair chance you'll be okay.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
How are you just now seeing this movie? What the hell did you even do for your childhood?
Uh... not a lot, really. Gonna blame it on being a Forces kid.

Last edited:

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
How are you just now seeing this movie? What the hell did you even do for your childhood?
Went out and climbed a tree then played football whilst everyone else was watching that shite :D :P

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
Yes, the first one, only 23 years after its release. It was my Wifes revenge for my making her watch Dominator twice.

I would say although each film had its strengths and weaknesses, I think they are about on a par...

I was most surprised to see in the end credits of MMPR some of the songs in the soundtrack were by Van Halen and the Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

My favorite part was the fight with the Bone-Dinosaur where the pink ranger shouts "Wait for me!" according to the subtitles, but it actually sounds just like "Not the face!".

The wifes favorite part is where the Red Ranger nearly gets castrated.
youc should have her wasth troll 2.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Check out Alpha-5,

At the end of the film, while the credits were rolling, I said "If I ever hear 'Aye yi yi!' again I will pull my own ears off" only for, right at the moment I finished saying those words, the following end-credits song played:

Forgot your password?