Keemstar vs H3H3

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I thought this was pretty much a slam dunk for H3H3, but there is a pretty big spread in opinions from what I see so far.

Keems sponser GFuel has apparently left the building. People are pissed that he lost his sponsor, where do you stand on that?

Keemstar is a great entertainer, but his history is filled with issues that have had him banned from several platforms in the past including twitch and youtube.

His current youtube channel exists because he is not the "direct" owner of it.

Anyway, heres the latest on the topic

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3gXcIifc3o

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I thought this was pretty much a slam dunk for H3H3, but there is a pretty big spread in opinions from what I see so far.

Keems sponser GFuel has apparently left the building. People are pissed that he lost his sponsor, where do you stand on that?

Keemstar is a great entertainer, but his history is filled with issues that have had him banned from several platforms in the past including twitch and youtube.

His current youtube channel exists because he is not the "direct" owner of it.

Anyway, heres the latest on the topic

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3gXcIifc3o
Personally not a fan of Keemstar and sponsors should be free to choose who they are associated with. As for social platforms they really need to be made to choose if they are a public forum or a publisher.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
If pressure from a video being critical of him made them drop him as a client, then its pretty much an indication to their marketing team felt that being associate with him is no beneficial to their brand.

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
I didnt really know who keemstar was, i think i heard the name once and thats about it. I just sat here and watched that whole thing start to stop.

That is an awful human being.

Just awful.

Reactions: DirectorGunner

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
If pressure from a video being critical of him made them drop him as a client, then its pretty much an indication to their marketing team felt that being associate with him is no beneficial to their brand.
I am all for this. They made the choice and were free to make it.

What I am not for is places like Facebook and YouTube hiding behind the DMCA safe harbor limited liability while acting as a publisher in deeming what they host and don't host.

Bonsai

Admiral
Donor
May 17, 2020
RSI Handle
Bonsai138
While I don't know anything about this guy except for the stuff shown in the video, I honestly don't think that was the only reason gfuel stopped sponsoring him...they probably weren't happy being associated with someone like him and just needed a proper justification to drop him. And a channel as big as H3 making this video with Ethan making fun of that sponsorship was just the last bit they needed to get rid of him without getting lots of hate...as that's how the internet works 🙄

Well long story short: People like Keemstar deserve to be banned from the internet entirely

Reactions: DirectorGunner

Tei

Captain
Dec 8, 2019
RSI Handle
TeiwazWolf
No idea who he is, but after watching this bs for 10 minutes i must say that it's sad that people like him are glorified and have masses of mindless idiots following them...

I'm sorry but this is the least value thread I ever saw on this forums....

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
As far as I know, Keemstar's picture is in the dictionary as the explanation for "Human Garbage". Why should I care that some sponsor dropped out? They can do that, it's just business... They want to be assoicated with the "right" people at the right time. It's perfectly natural.

On the censorship/Publisher/Public Forum front, @Bambooza said it perfectly imo!

Dibs

Vice Admiral
Mar 28, 2020
RSI Handle
Dibrusko
No clue what any of this means, who Keemstar is, and what a GFuel is. Am I old?
Going too play outside now. My garden needs watering.
OK Boomer. Kappa. LUL. Imagine going outside.
(OK I don't know any more of the kids memes, I'm done.)

I didn't want to touch this subject with a barge pole, but alas too late. Keemstar is a predatory sociopath. A vile human being, with little concern for anyone but himself.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
OK Boomer. Kappa. LUL. Imagine going outside.
(OK I don't know any more of the kids memes, I'm done.)

I didn't want to touch this subject with a barge pole, but alas too late. Keemstar is a predatory sociopath. A vile human being, with little concern for anyone but himself.
Hahah, Boomer. Fuck, I'm the tail end of Gen X, and I bug anyone older than me with that. Ok Boomer. Hahaha. No idea what the rest means, but I hear "yeet" is a thing.

Predatory sociopath eh? We have developed ways of dealing with those kinds of people.

Dibs

Vice Admiral
Mar 28, 2020
RSI Handle
Dibrusko
Hahah, Boomer. Fuck, I'm the tail end of Gen X, and I bug anyone older than me with that. Ok Boomer. Hahaha. No idea what the rest means, but I hear "yeet" is a thing.

Predatory sociopath eh? We have developed ways of dealing with those kinds of people.
That's OK then, I'm the tail end of millennial, so I can use it with you, haha. Yes, I have heard the kids say "yeet", although that may be a boomer thing now? I'm not "cool" enough to know.
We sure have, we give them lots of money and positions of power.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Well long story short: People like Keemstar deserve to be banned from the internet entirely
There will always be an audience for the type of content he puts out. He moved from platform to platform, cleaned up his act even to the current form which we see today, but his old habits come out every so often.

Personally not a fan of Keemstar and sponsors should be free to choose who they are associated with.
I think the trend we see is that the internet as a whole has moved away from the wild west of the early days. Advertisers and sponsors are more and more concerned about where their ad dollars are spent these days. Before it didnt matter, as long as your ad got clicks.

I'm sorry but this is the least value thread I ever saw on this forums....
Oh sweet child, you have not seen the early days of this drama section on this forum have you? Let me know if you have one hour and some spare braincells you want to kill, Ill give you some choice links.

Tei

Captain
Dec 8, 2019
RSI Handle
TeiwazWolf
Oh sweet child, you have not seen the early days of this drama section on this forum have you? Let me know if you have one hour and some spare braincells you want to kill, Ill give you some choice links.
Don't talk to me that way. We are not on that level of familiarity. In fact you don't know me at all.
The fact that you speak to me in such condescending way based on my reaction to your 'news' post speaks volumes.

And, no I do not have time or will to read more 'news' like that one.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Hahahaha, there were some gems back in the day eh? Twas amazing!
Don't talk to me that way. We are not on that level of familiarity. In fact you don't know me at all.
The fact that you speak to me in such condescending way based on my reaction to your 'news' post speaks volumes.

The fact that you're reacting to his humour so strongly speaks volumes. You obviously don't know Montoya that well. 😉

Last edited:

Thraesh

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Thraesh19

Hahahaha, there were some gems back in the day eh? Twas amazing!

The fact that you're reacting to his humour with so strongly speaks volumes. You obviously don't know Montoya that well. 😉
Someone get me some popcorn, I love me some Blind Owl :)

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant

I bet you're fun at parties.

Forgot your password?