Security Knights In TEST Service (KITS)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
We have the Yellow Jackets for bringing the pain, but what of Rapid Reaction? The interceptor wing that is first in and last out?

I request a tier in the Yellows to be known as KITS, "knights in TEST service", who ride in at top speed to protect a Test member in need of assistance.

Kind Regards,

Interested, East Midlands.

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
We have the Yellow Jackets for bringing the pain, but what of Rapid Reaction? The interceptor wing that is first in and last out?

I request a tier in the Yellows to be known as KITS, "knights in TEST service", who ride in at top speed to protect a Test member in need of assistance.

Kind Regards,

Interested, East Midlands.
I like the idea, but needs to be more fleshed out. but to be more fleshed out we will have to know more about how the game plays out when we have many systems and game systems like interdiction. I have some ideas, and have been giving this kind of thing a lot of thought. (as it is very inline with my goal of commanding an elite security/mercenary/bounty hunting group.) one of the biggest questions you need to answer is will this cost the group that is calling for help? we already know fuel, ammo, missiles, and ship repairs cost, so how are the KiTS going to maintain ships? also what type of ships are you wanting to run? m50s and 350rs? what if a group need help because they are being attacked by cap ships? because then you start to trade speed for firepower. So yet again, good idea, needs to be fleshed out a lot.

Also I think we should have many different "elite" groups inside of the YJ, just as modern nations have many different Spec Ops groups. Seals, GB, Delta, Pararescue, just to name a few. I personally would like to work with a group like the Seals, my working title idea is Grasp (GRound Air and SPace) and have them be experts in FPS.

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Would a particular ship with a high cruise speed be recommended for this division?
I like the idea, but needs to be more fleshed out. but to be more fleshed out we will have to know more about how the game plays out when we have many systems and game systems like interdiction. I have some ideas, and have been giving this kind of thing a lot of thought. (as it is very inline with my goal of commanding an elite security/mercenary/bounty hunting group.) one of the biggest questions you need to answer is will this cost the group that is calling for help? we already know fuel, ammo, missiles, and ship repairs cost, so how are the KiTS going to maintain ships? also what type of ships are you wanting to run? m50s and 350rs? what if a group need help because they are being attacked by cap ships? because then you start to trade speed for firepower. So yet again, good idea, needs to be fleshed out a lot.

Also I think we should have many different "elite" groups inside of the YJ, just as modern nations have many different Spec Ops groups. Seals, GB, Delta, Pararescue, just to name a few. I personally would like to work with a group like the Seals, my working title idea is Grasp (GRound Air and SPace) and have them be experts in FPS.
These are the questions that need answering, and great observations Sum1.

In regard to High Cruise speed ships, not necessarily - Quantum Drive can jump blind in the current game (just hit B, point to to a part of space that does not have a point marked and push F and way you go) so there is no reason once a Distress Call has been put out we would not be able to QD right to the member in need... fast sub-quantum ships will come in to their own once they are at the fight and can intercept whatever the foe had bought along, so they are not out of the equation but other options may be available.

KiTS Station points will depend on the systems we as n Org operate in. If there is already system security as around Olisar who spawn instantly, there will be little need for a rapid reaction squad, however if we have a lot of members operating between A and B without security we would be wise to have some ready muscle to help out in a pinch. As for Capital Ship interdiction, most small craft should be able to outrun that kind of issue, however having a Polaris and small wing of fighter craft stationed at jump points between two systems should maximise the operability for the outlay

To fund the group, i assume there will be a membership fee to be part of any Org, my assumption is there will be a small tax (like 5%) on any earnings you make from missions and trades which will go to TEST so this and other services can operate with no money down when you need help. If, and only if we find KiTS are not put to use very frequently, we can then look at charges for assisting others.

Thats all i've got so far, as pointed out a lot will depend on what the game and PU finally turn out to be... Grasp is an awesome name by the way :)

Last edited:

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
These are the questions that need answering, and great observations Sum1.

In regard to High Cruise speed ships, not necessarily - Quantum Drive can jump blind in the current game (just hit B, point to to a part of space that does not have a point marked and push F and way you go) so there is no reason once a Distress Call has been put out we would not be able to QD right to the member in need... fast sub-quantum ships will come in to their own once they are at the fight and can intercept whatever the foe had bought along, so they are not out of the equation but other options may be available.

KiTS Station points will depend on the systems we as n Org operate in. If there is already system security as around Olisar who spawn instantly, there will be little need for a rapid reaction squad, however if we have a lot of members operating between A and B without security we would be wise to have some ready muscle to help out in a pinch. As for Capital Ship interdiction, most small craft should be able to outrun that kind of issue, however having a Polaris and small wing of fighter craft stationed at jump points between two systems should maximise the operability for the outlay

To fund the group, i assume there will be a membership fee to be part of any Org, my assumption is there will be a small tax (like 5%) on any earnings you make from missions and trades which will go to TEST so this and other services can operate with no money down when you need help. If, and only if we find KiTS are not put to use very frequently, we can then look at charges for assisting others.

Thats all i've got so far, as pointed out a lot will depend on what the game and PU finally turn out to be... Grasp is an awesome name by the way :)
The biggest issue I can foresee is that we could end up on different servers, and ya we don't really know how the server system will work, but we know there will be the possibility of the KiTSs jumping into empty space, were the cargo is getting attacked in an alternate server on the same space. I hope CIG will make it so this does not happen, but it is something to think about how you may be able to work around it.

As this is a QRF unit (quick reaction force) I would recommend having or working with drop-ships holding FPS fire-teams (Like Grasp ;);)) encase the cargo ship has already been boarded and captured. the the FPS team could spear-head the recapture of the ship.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
The biggest issue I can foresee is that we could end up on different servers, and ya we don't really know how the server system will work, but we know there will be the possibility of the KiTSs jumping into empty space, were the cargo is getting attacked in an alternate server on the same space. I hope CIG will make it so this does not happen, but it is something to think about how you may be able to work around it.

As this is a QRF unit (quick reaction force) I would recommend having or working with drop-ships holding FPS fire-teams (Like Grasp ;);)) encase the cargo ship has already been boarded and captured. the the FPS team could spear-head the recapture of the ship.
Good points, its almost as if the different servers will be alternate realities you'd have to make a Dimension Jump to get to, as well... assuming the current server tech is used and they don't magic a way to get us all in the same place at the same time...

Reactions: Blind Owl

Pander

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
Pander22
As a Scotsman i approve of kilts!

If you check this page in Yellow jackets thread
https://testsquadron.com/threads/yellow-jackets-what-can-you-bring-to-a-scrap.9412/

I'm trying to get a list of what people want to do in yjs from ground assault stuff, drop pilots, crewing ships & fighter pilots etc

I believe yjs are supposed to answer the call for testies in need of assistance anyway as we both protect the fleet and fight the wars as needed all military stuff essentially

Were already training with drop ships, eva jumps, fps stuff, ship boarding,ship combat & large crew ship training

I'm already planning stuff like hostage rescue, rapid reaction training (spawning at olisar getting in the right ship for the job ad getting there fast as possible) and no gravity fps

My fear is creating teams for very specific things will water us down a little in that if there are no kilts :P online yjs would have to respond anyway, so we may as well train together for anything and everything we don't have to rely on small specific teams within yellow jackets if you know what i mean

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Yes I like this idea, I can see why you may have said a division of yellow jackets as the yellow jackets would already be organised into groups perfroming specific tasks, you don't want to be taking people away from their task to rescue someone

I would envision the KNIGHTS to be completely dedicated to rapid response pilots i.e literally waiting in discord sitting in their ships in a group of 2-10 people waiting for an assistance call. Soon as the call comes in from discord - MONTOYA NEEDS HELP someone is trying to steal his lap dancers from his 890 jump, we hyper drive straight in backup arrives within approx. 60 seconds of the call. Any longer and it's probably too late.

Count me in!

agathon_orti

Commander
Dec 4, 2016
RSI Handle
agathon orti
I really like this idea, And you can count me in as wel.

How would a typical KNIGHTS fleet look like ?
I am picturing m50's/gladiators and some support ships either warlocks or sentinals ??

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I'll bring my vanguard harbinger to handle any bigger ships - you guys bring some top teir fighters, and also some smaller faster ships so that we can ensure no one escapes the knights justice!

agathon_orti

Commander
Dec 4, 2016
RSI Handle
agathon orti
I'll bring my vanguard harbinger to handle any bigger ships - you guys bring some top teir fighters, and also some smaller faster ships so that we can ensure no one escapes the knights justice!
top tier fighters.. i dont have those but what i do have is a very particular skill.. a skill I have acquired over a very long career that make me a nightmare for people.

tldr: i can crash my cat into stuff.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
If your in a cat then you're gonna be the guy we end up being called to save :D

agathon_orti

Commander
Dec 4, 2016
RSI Handle
agathon orti
If your in a cat then you're gonna be the guy we end up being called to save :smile:
well you have to start somewhere right so why not a testie :P

if only the gladiator went on sale instead of stupid hornets and sabre's

EMAN5150

Captain
Apr 6, 2016
RSI Handle
EMAN5150

It was my understading that we would have becons IFF of some sorts and friend list would try to put us together I see the point you make but to have pick ups in space this should not happen or have instance changes in combat but not out of it

Forgot your password?