Kotaku article video response

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
I lived in Austin for thirteen years. Bad ice storms happen. Not often. But they happen. Nobody should have been surprised by that. And it surely would not have stopped CIG work from home.

The power blackout, now that's another matter. Few are prepared for that.

Last edited:

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Hey @Montoya nice to see you on video again!

Personally following the varius shows of ISC and SCL (and ATV, BS and the others before...) plus the varius pannel at Citisencon I can affirm I've never see so much eployees so passionate about what they are doing att CIG. I can assume that CIG put on the front desk the emplyee that provide a better look to the company (both for CIG reputation and for the financial prospective), but I think the whole "company enviroment" is really on the good side and part of it I think is due to the ability to push the artist and the programmers to new thecnical limit.
Being a technician by myself (I work as a sysadmin...) I'm first more exited to work on new project and new solution for uncommon problem, rather then rinse and repeat all the same things over and over, so a company like CIG that, with all the difficulties that came with, is triing to achive something that is never done and push the tecnology to a new level or even defeloping some new one I can only immagine how interesting could be for a phisics artist, a model designer or a game programmer to work there.

Also while CIG is not a small company I get the feeling that theyr structure is more on the flat side rather then on the vertical one, so the "top management" are not some "mistycal people" that lure over the emplyees from some remote office, but just some colleque that work on the office down the corridor so I can't think of a scenario where there is some miss-comunication and "someone didn't get the last note"....
I'll add that considering the amount of scum that CIG is alsways going trough from the press, if a supposed jurnalist receive some claim from "anonymous employee" should very well check them BEFORE spitting fact like this as a true. That looks like an article write by some amature writer that is looking the "big score", not a (supposed??) seasoned writher from one of the most known name on the game and tech's review industry.

I've to agree on the CIG reply, considering how long they've faced this type of articles CIG should have a more firm and strong opposition to those: PR should know how the company works and what are the general attitude toward the employees if the PR guys themself are unsure about that it only help to comunicate that CIG is a messy company that I think is a totally false statement.

Sayora

Grand Admiral
Donor
Oct 23, 2018
RSI Handle
Sayora
As someone who lived most there life in an area where an inch of snow was almost and apocalyptic event (Seattle), then moved to Upstate NY where it can dump a foot of snow and the roads will be clear in 2 hours and it's just another tuesday. I totally feel for the Texans. I didn't believe a word of that "article" just not right from the beginning, but if the guy got duped or just couldn't resist the click bait I don't know.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
The power blackout, now that's another matter. Few are prepared for that. Friends in that industry tell me that it was a problem with too much power on the grid, not too little .....that's the real story.
your friends are very wrong...

Reactions: Vavrik

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I lived in Austin for thirteen years. Bad ice storms happen. Not often. But they happen. Nobody should have been surprised by that. And it surely would not have stopped CIG work from home.

The power blackout, now that's another matter. Few are prepared for that. Friends in that industry tell me that it was a problem with too much power on the grid, not too little .....that's the real story.
well, based on what Montoya showed of Wakapedia's apartment, it wasn't the ice storm per se, or even the power outage...it was the apartment above's water pipes bursting and trashing not only your apartment, but all your electronic gear that got soaked.

Reactions: Lorddarthvik
Forgot your password?