Large fleet jumps/collision

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv
Just curious, I have not played yet, so, still do not know much about the game of course. I have it downloaded. Just need work to slow down a bit :p but one thing I have been curious about, is a big group/fleet jump!

If we have a large fleet doing a big jump to the same spot, do they already have it built in game with how it would work? Would everyone jump to the same spot and crash into each other at the end of the jump? Or does it spread everyone out, or do you have to stagger your jumps? Not sure if this can be tested yet or not especially with server caps, but, could be kinda funny if it we test it and everyone just crashes into each other in true TEST drunk fashion. Anyways, kind of a waste of time topic, but I'm still very curious

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
First of there is no stupid questions only stupid answers.. :beers: :beer:

Well most time you jump, the order and distance you had jumping int is how you come out of the jump... most times ha ha...
But in short think that is how it's meant to work it's not all in the the game yet but even if you are a group and jump to same spot now.
You come out of the jump with some speed difference depending on what ships jump together, so risk of catching someone and crash in to them is less more likely now then it was in 2.6.3.
But yes it's not impossible to screw it up ha ha ha...

Think the basic idea when it's all implemented is that group leader jump and the rest follow automatic in to same jump as a group and will come out same way they entered...

It's not all working as planed right now, so some fun moments in true TEST style can easy be orchestrated ha ha ha

:beer: :beer: :beers:

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Just curious, I have not played yet, so, still do not know much about the game of course. I have it downloaded. Just need work to slow down a bit :p but one thing I have been curious about, is a big group/fleet jump!

If we have a large fleet doing a big jump to the same spot, do they already have it built in game with how it would work? Would everyone jump to the same spot and crash into each other at the end of the jump? Or does it spread everyone out, or do you have to stagger your jumps? Not sure if this can be tested yet or not especially with server caps, but, could be kinda funny if it we test it and everyone just crashes into each other in true TEST drunk fashion. Anyways, kind of a waste of time topic, but I'm still very curious
We dont know yet, as CIG has not implemented that type of gameplay into Star Citizen just yet. Although I do believe they are working on it (correct me if wrong), as they have mentioned previously in one of their shows. Soo, all we can say for now is,

SOON tm

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Don't worry we'll all bne save as currently we'll all be in separate instances on separate servers after the fleet jump ;)

Forgot your password?