Latest whitebox of the Corsair

Skyre

Commander
Donor
Jan 5, 2022
RSI Handle
Skyre
It is sleeker, but unfortunately that has had the knock-on effect of making things like the side guns, or the wings, look more bulbous and project out further.
The smaller wings mounting needs to be brought in, bringing it's engines closer to the main hull. And for the love of god, they need to delete those freaking side guns. Not only are they useless, but now theyre even more ugly.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
By the looks of the main wing and top wing I'm not sure the ship is going to have fully folding side wings any more - here is what I see with the wings in landed configuration in my head:

1643525635456.png

The upper wing could even fold down rather than up - in fact that would be much better in regard to hight in hangars as it would make the top wing as tall as the long wing folded, rather than taller:

1643525777321.png

To me, the above explains the longer lower wing support strut. Needs that length to keep it parallel with the upper wing.

Skyre

Commander
Donor
Jan 5, 2022
RSI Handle
Skyre
By the looks of the main wing and top wing I'm not sure the ship is going to have fully folding side wings any more - here is what I see with the wings in landed configuration in my head:

View attachment 22415

The upper wing could even fold down rather than up - in fact that would be much better in regard to hight in hangars as it would make the top wing as tall as the long wing folded, rather than taller:

View attachment 22416

To me, the above explains the longer lower wing support strut. Needs that length to keep it parallel with the upper wing.
The entire large wing folds up.
The smaller wings will fold up fine, too. That's why there is an arm between the bottom wing, and the engine. See below as an example:
DRAK_Corsair_Promo_Fueling_platform_JM_PJ02_CC-Min.jpg

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
The entire large wing folds up.
The smaller wings will fold up fine, too. That's why there is an arm between the bottom wing, and the engine. See below as an example:View attachment 22417
Ah, yes I was aware of this from the original concept. It just strikes me as odd they'd want to make the ship 3x taller landed, with the offset cockpit it's already going to be different to land in a side loading hanger like those at Grim Hex, but with that mast it's going to be difficult too, going from 3 stories tall at the roof of the ship with its landing struts on the ground to 9 stories tall at the top of the wing in landed position.

Skyre

Commander
Donor
Jan 5, 2022
RSI Handle
Skyre
Ah, yes I was aware of this from the original concept. It just strikes me as odd they'd want to make the ship 3x taller landed, with the offset cockpit it's already going to be different to land in a side loading hanger like those at Grim Hex, but with that mast it's going to be difficult too, going from 3 stories tall at the roof of the ship with its landing struts on the ground to 9 stories tall at the top of the wing in landed position.
Part of me suspects this is why the large wing got downsized haha. Someone finally took the whitebox model to test it and found out it'd hit the door on the way in.

Mind you, hangars are getting overhauls anyway, especially with persistent hangars coming, so it may not be as big an issue as we'd imagine.

We'll have to see how it compares to something truly big, like an 890, or Reclaimer, to see how insane it is.

White Lando

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 25, 2021
RSI Handle
White_Lando
Looking good. MSR is my daily driver at the moment but the Corsair looks like it'll be much better in combat!
If solo, yeah it will be way better. MSR can put out decent damage if it's fully crewed, though. Still less than the Corsair but the MSR Turrets are pretty badass IMO

How maneuverable are people expecting the Corsair to be? I'm guessing it will be noticably worse than a Connie.

Reactions: Scape

Skyre

Commander
Donor
Jan 5, 2022
RSI Handle
Skyre
If solo, yeah it will be way better. MSR can put out decent damage if it's fully crewed, though. Still less than the Corsair but the MSR Turrets are pretty badass IMO

How maneuverable are people expecting the Corsair to be? I'm guessing it will be noticably worse than a Connie.
It's Drake, so I'm expecting it to handle like a Carrack...maybe worse. Drake can't have nice things, after all xD

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Before my EAC excitement I had one in inventory but chose a functional redeemer. Will be interesting to fly it about and see what it offers :like:

Forgot your password?