Lefty setup for SC

Kaz

Space Marshal
May 20, 2017
RSI Handle
Kazhan78
At the moment im testing a few different setups to try to figure out what works best for me both in space and on foot. But im strugling a bit to find that setup/keybinding that "feels" optimal. Any other Lefty out there that can share their super-perfect-ultimate layout so that i can try it out?

Reactions: A.Santos and StdDev

Kaz

Space Marshal
May 20, 2017
RSI Handle
Kazhan78
Yes im trying a dual Joystick setup at the moment. Might work fine if i can teach my stubborn brain how to use the right hand!
But how about when you are a crew or on foot? Seems to be a million keybinds to rebind if i want to center them around the arrow keys.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Might work fine if i can teach my stubborn brain how to use the right hand!
Right hand is for strafe, boost, afterburner, weapongroup 2 and shield control.
But how about when you are a crew or on foot? Seems to be a million keybinds to rebind if i want to center them around the arrow keys.
Yeap, that is a problem. aren't there any left handed gaming keypads?

This doesn't look very stable
I love the G13 for ground / eva, but the thumbstick is a must for movement. The keyboard is only for chat

Kaz

Space Marshal
May 20, 2017
RSI Handle
Kazhan78
After several days of testing what i think is the best setup i can come up with atm, i have finaly reached a conclusion: I truly suck at piloting!!
Seem like the only logical next step is to hire a NPC to Captain my fleet, and hire myself out as crew :p

Reactions: A.Santos and StdDev

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
After several days of testing
i have finaly reached a conclusion: I truly suck at piloting!!
Nobody sucks at piloting, you may have some troubles with landing or docking, but the rest just is practice. I started space combat with a digital joystick, Wing Commander on an Amiga 500. Wing Commander 4 was the hardest, I had a lot of problems with atmospheric flight / fight, the big globe always jumped in from of my ship :angry:
At the time they released Freelancer, I really hated the mouse control, but it is a matter of getting used to it. Nothing easier than flying in space.:beers:

Reactions: A.Santos

Kaz

Space Marshal
May 20, 2017
RSI Handle
Kazhan78
. I started space combat with a digital joystick, Wing Commander on an Amiga 500. Wing Commander 4 was the hardest, I had a lot of problems with atmospheric flight / fight, the big globe always jumped in from of my ship :angry:
Good times! I loved those games, and cant remember having much issue flying back then. Think its more the overwhelming number of keybindings
and remembering where it all is located thats the issue. But i guess you are right, just need to get used to it :) Or maybe i should just stop playing sober!

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I never use the keyboard for flight. When my setup was much simpler, Microsoft Force Feedback, Microsoft Force Feedback 2, Logitech Force 3d pro and Madcatz F.L.Y. 5 I always bound targeting, cm and boost/afterburner to buttons on stick. Only landing mode stayed on kb
Or maybe i should just stop playing sober!
Yeap, that is very helpful :beers:

Forgot your password?