Let's talk about the 300-series' pending rework.

Accented

Vice Admiral
Jan 23, 2016
RSI Handle
Accented
I agree with most of the points in that post, but there seems to be still a few issues.

1. The proposed door will mess up the symmetrical silhouette of the 300-series.
  2. The proposed cargo lift may be difficult to work with, since accessing cargo a bit far back will be impossible without unloading everything.
  3. There isn't access to internal components, which is present on every other tier two starter.
  4. The interior will pretty much just be a differently styled Beta, which shouldn't be the case.

Reactions: AstroSam

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Reactions: Captain Call

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
C'mon guys...can we please stick at the topic just for once? :rolleyes:

Varku

Space Marshal
Apr 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Varku
Its great that you posted that, thanks a lot. Nevertheless it confuses me: are those informations from 2015 or are they from today? Are they totally 100% new or are there some corrections in the wall of text and animations? Whats new? Help.-..
Most of it was written in March 2015, only what is written in Orange was added on the 16 Jan 2016

Also, this isn't the official CIG plan, to do it, it's only a suggestion by a User, but CIG is aware of this Suggestion(through the "let's talk about Ship"-thing), and hopfully will consider it, when doing the revamp.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Most of it was written in March 2015, only what is written in Orange was added on the 16 Jan 2016

Also, this isn't the official CIG plan, to do it, it's only a suggestion by a User, but CIG is aware of this Suggestion(through the "let's talk about Ship"-thing), and hopfully will consider it, when doing the revamp.
See @Captain Call - there still is light :D

Thanks @Varku :)

Reactions: marcsand2

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
C'mon guys...can we please stick at the topic just for once? :rolleyes:
Sorry, Sam, I'm trying my best.
So, to make up for shitposting and straying off topic, here's my secret veggie sour soup recipe (or at least it was a secret, now you all know it):
5l water (sorry, Americans, use a converter), 4 potatoes, 3 big carrots, 1 onion, 1 celery root, 1 parsnip, parsley, lovage and borscht.
fine dice/chop all the veggies (except the taters), let them simmer until the carrots are no longer firm, add the potatoes (chopped in bigger chunks), boil for 20 more minutes, add the fresh parsley and lovage (lots of it), salt and pepper to taste and, 5 min before taking it off the fire, add the borscht. Let it rest in the fridge over night so the flavors get a chance to settle. Serve with hot peppers, sour cream and bread - the traditional way.
There's one more secret ingredient to make it ultra-godly, and that is

Oh, damn, I'm off topic again.
I rather like the 315p, but I'm waiting for the rework. I think, for me, it needs more room for living. I don't know how they can do that without making the 300 series larger, though. And what would they do with the extra space for the 300, 325 and 350?

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I really hate you guys - thats why I love you :D

But nevermind, @Varku gave me the answer I needed. Thus @Varku is my [CERTIFIED] TEST HERO OF THE DAY! :p:D

Varku

Space Marshal
Apr 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Varku
I really hate you guys - thats why I love you :D

But nevermind, @Varku gave me the answer I needed. Thus @Varku is my [CERTIFIED] TEST HERO OF THE DAY! :p:D
Yes, i'm someones Hero! Thats a good reason to eat an other Cookie!
I just have won the Internet yay.

PS: To stay on topic: 300i is a spaceship, just in case you didn't know :P

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
The only rework I really need is the ability to close the door from the inside without going out... Unless there already is a way and I just haven't figured it out yet... after attempting so many times by going up and down that ladder countless times.

Other than that, I have the 350R so everything seems to be fine with that ship and its intended role.

Accented

Vice Admiral
Jan 23, 2016
RSI Handle
Accented
The only rework I really need is the ability to close the door from the inside without going out... Unless there already is a way and I just haven't figured it out yet... after attempting so many times by going up and down that ladder countless times.

Other than that, I have the 350R so everything seems to be fine with that ship and its intended role.
I do agree that a lightweight racer doesn't need much in terms of interior but it's a pretty big issue that every variant of the 300-series has a super spartan interior.

IMO the 350r's interior is too big.

Stubieroo

Space Marshal
Nov 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Stubieroo
As a proud owner of a 325A, I'd like to see more of the glitches worked out of it more than anything (Falling out of the ship, for example). However, interior space is a bit lacking and I'd like to see more missiles (hopefully 8 *crosses fingers*) and maybe two more s1 mounts on the wings for more pew-pew...
Also I replaced the sledge II with the APAR mass driver... much nicer, imo.

Here's a picture of a birb:
Cover_481 (2).png

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
I believe the major change to all 300 ships will be to the cargo area, that is, how cargo is loaded.
There was a discussion regarding this several months ago with backer suggestions.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
I actually don't mind the 300 series as is. No, it's not a great fighter, no, it's not the best explorer, the best racer (does have the top speed, but BAD acceleration), etc. What it does have going for it is a good all arounder that's nice as a tier 2 starting ship. It's an upgrade from the Aurora and the Mustang. This is what it is supposed to be. If the Aurora is a Chevy Cobalt, the 300 would be a Chevy Malibu or Impala (Ford Focus to Ford Fusion or Taurus for the Ford types out there) not the difference between a Ford and a BMW. If you are thinking Fighters or Explorers, I would say (fighter) Mustang or Aurora, 325, Gladius... as an upgrade path. For an explorer, Mustang or Aurora, 315, DUR...as that upgrade path. It's a step up to allow new players a better set of missions and more capabilities over the base starting ships.

That said, PLEASE FIX THE HEIGHT ISSUE!!!!! I don't need to be clipped out of the ship trying to move from the cargo area to the pilot seat when I scratch the paint on the nose. A lot of the other issues (elevator to the cargo area for instance) are nice, but they are gravy.

Speaking of gravy, I have this good recipe for making a pan sauce for steak au poivre...oh, wait, forgot, need to keep on track

Anyway, it doesn't need much updating, just fix the clipping issue and I will be more than happy with it for what it is...

Last edited:

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
As far as I understand the post on RSI-pages they are currently working on that height issues as well as on the cargo loading topic.

Reactions: Captain Call

Accented

Vice Admiral
Jan 23, 2016
RSI Handle
Accented
I actually don't mind the 300 series as is. No, it's not a great fighter, no, it's not the best explorer, the best racer (does have the top speed, but BAD acceleration), etc. What it does have going for it is a good all arounder that's nice as a tier 2 starting ship. It's an upgrade from the Aurora and the Mustang. This is what it is supposed to be. If the Aurora is a Chevy Cobalt, the 300 would be a Chevy Malibu or Impala (Ford Focus to Ford Fusion or Taurus for the Ford types out there) not the difference between a Ford and a BMW. If you are thinking Fighters or Explorers, I would say (fighter) Mustang or Aurora, 325, Gladius... as an upgrade path. For an explorer, Mustang or Aurora, 315, DUR...as that upgrade path. It's a step up to allow new players a better set of missions and more capabilities over the base starting ships.

That said, PLEASE FIX THE HEIGHT ISSUE!!!!! I don't need to be clipped out of the ship trying to move from the cargo area to the pilot seat when I scratch the paint on the nose. A lot of the other issues (elevator to the cargo area for instance) are nice, but they are gravy.

Speaking of gravy, I have this good recipe for making a pan sauce for steak au poivre...oh, wait, forgot, need to keep on track

Anyway, it doesn't need much updating, just fix the clipping issue and I will be more than happy with it for what it is...
The problem is that it's not better than the Aurora or the Mustang in terms of its luxury features at the moment.

The 300-series has a cot that looks like a steel plate.
The Aurora has a full on stationary soft bed with blankets. The Mustang Beta has a full kitchen appliance, removable briefcases, full suite of lights, lounge, Holo TV, an almost walk-in closet, cabinets, a toilet, and an actual airlock.

ATM I'd rather own a Beta than a 300-series if I was looking for luxury.

Edit: almost forgot that the Beta also has a full twin-sized bed with blankets.

Forgot your password?