Letter from the Chairman: The Road Ahead

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Hm, didn't know that:
(...)We had been steadily shifting our reliance away from external resources and we felt it would be unfair to block them from the opportunity to work on their own game. Unfortunately, replacing an Environment team of over 20 is no small task, which has set back the progress we had originally planned to make on the landing zones of Stanton. As of today, we have just abut replaced the team with internal hires and we are continuing to hire additional environment artists as fast as we can find ones that meet our quality bar. The Environment Team is now some 37 artists strong, so long term we feel we are better situated to deliver the vast amount of locations that Star Citizen and Squadron 42 needs.
(...)
Most important point to know, imho. Hopefully that some of the backers are reading this newsletter, that we are "only" getting three moons with 3.0 due to this mentioned challenge, CIG again had to face during the past months. But I'm afraid of the next incoming shitstorm....

(...)It takes about four and half hours to circumnavigate the Cellin in a Dragonfly at full afterburn or twelve and half days of walking! If every single person registered through RSI today stood on the same moon at the same distance, they wouldn’t even see each other. There’s a lot to explore and a LOT to test in this massive step forward for Star Citizen.

http://static2.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/If+it+s+not+yours+can+i+have+it+_a9d62412d70318b7647c0e2a56c56cce.gif

Last edited:

Joehockey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Apr 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Joehockey
See THIS is the reason I don't like open development with games. I could have just been chillin, drinkin, and enjoyin 2.6.3 then all of a sudden wake up one day to 3.0 being dropped. But NO, now I have to see everything they plan to give us and how far away it seems. Hell the PU sucks and just don't hold my attention that well now that I have seen the sexiness of these planets!

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Well, lets see things other way round: there won't be any extension of Crusader as it is now. Its just, that Celin, Daymar and Yela will become an active part of the map. Nothing more.

Well, did I heal a little bit of your excitement? ;)

Forgot your password?