List Your Favorite Space Based Movies/Shows.

Laughing-Skull

Vice Admiral
Nov 26, 2017
RSI Handle
Victus Hakarri
While we all wait for SC 3.0 or Squadron 42 we all need to top off on dream fuel every now and again. Feel free to list your favorite Space based movies or shows so we can all check them out and enjoy them.

* Cowboy Bebop (can watch the first four episodes on funimation.com
* Outlaw Star (don't like it as much as CB but its still not bad for ole school anime.)
*Firefly (if you haven't heard of this get ready to be addicted and then immediately depressed. Take heart though, even though there is only one season they made a movie as well. This should be a fan fav of the Freelancer owners out there.)
*Battlestar Galactica (obviously)

Have at it boys and girls.

~Skull

Setrius

Captain
Oct 30, 2017
RSI Handle
Tekks
Anything Star wars or Firefly is on my playlist, but I think that the first show that really got me right by the Space balls when I was a kid (well, mid teens anyways) was a show called "Space: above and beyond".

It was very similar to Wing Commander with the plucky fighter squadron fighting superior alien invaders with some drama mixed in and its still the first thing that jumps into my head when I think about what I want to do in SC.

Laughing-Skull

Vice Admiral
Nov 26, 2017
RSI Handle
Victus Hakarri
Anything Star wars or Firefly is on my playlist, but I think that the first show that really got me right by the Space balls when I was a kid (well, mid teens anyways) was a show called "Space: above and beyond".

It was very similar to Wing Commander with the plucky fighter squadron fighting superior alien invaders with some drama mixed in and its still the first thing that jumps into my head when I think about what I want to do in SC.
Just saw the trailer for it. Looks good!

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
LOL, it always cracks me up to see what people say they watched as "kids" and I'm there like, dang, I must have been at least in my thirties when that came out!

Here is what I grew up with:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderbirds_(TV_series) &
http://ufoseries.com

The UFO series is, much to my (first) delight & astonishment (and then later, caused much cringe-i-ness) available *free* at archive.org:
https://archive.org/details/UFO.complete

If you like stuff that "is *sooo* bad, it is good" the third episode is classic! Check out the episode "The Cat with Ten Lives"
Trigger warning! Do NOT watch it if you are a cat lover. If you are a dog lover, it comes highly recommended!

Oh, and trigger warning for the UFO episode #1 --> it is has pretty cringe-worthy treatment of women. When I watched it about a year ago, I said out loud at least twice, "I can't believe they are doing that..." Amazing what we grew up with, and what people thought was normal.

Annimus

Commander
Dec 5, 2017
RSI Handle
CMDR_Annimus
Welp, you can't go wrong with Firefly and Star Wars.

Other than that:

-Black Matter: It has some flaws, but it is fun to watch in between series.
-Star Trek Discovery: Well, I haven't watched every episode of the other Star Treks, but Discovey tries to be different, and I can respect that.
-The Orville: Funny, great characters. All around a great Star Trek comedy parody.
-The Expanse: This one is currently my favorite. It is really realistc, has great characters, great story with a lot of mystery and awesome ship to ship combat. Definlty has its flaws, like every show, but, for me at least, the good aspects are far superior. Would definilty recomend.

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker

Anvil Aerospace all over that show. Good pick, @Setrius , I had forgotten that one.
spaceshow2.gif

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
Mate, this is a big list, but I'll give it a shot:
Star Wars
Star Trek
Alien
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
The Expanse
SG: Universe (Not the other ones tho, I hated atlantis...)
Firefly/Serenity
Red Dwarf
2001: A Space Odyssey
The Martian
Interstellar
District 9
Fifth Element
Blade Runner, if that counts
Edge Of Tomorrow

And my hands-down favourite, Doctor Who, and all it's spin offs.

There's more, of course.

@Laughing-Skull No, sadly. Too bad.

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv
Well, not my favorite space movie, but one not mentioned is pandorum. Good lil horror space movie. I think it would be cool if in game, you are stranded/lost in space for too long, then your crew goes crazy lol.

Of course I love star wars, fire fly, dark matter, and battle star gallactica as well.

Laughing-Skull

Vice Admiral
Nov 26, 2017
RSI Handle
Victus Hakarri
Mate, this is a big list, but I'll give it a shot:
Star Wars
Star Trek
Alien
The Expanse
SG: Universe (Not the other ones tho, I hated atlantis...)
Firefly/Serenity
Red Dwarf
2001: A Space Odyssey
The Martian
Interstellar
District 9
Fifth Element
Blade Runner, if that counts
Edge Of Tomorrow

And my hands-down favourite, Doctor Who, and all it's spin offs.

There's more, of course.

@Laughing-Skull No, sadly. Too bad.
Hey man great list. I like a lot of those as well. What is Red Dwarf?

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I'll see if I can remember them all to list.

Star Wars
Star Trek
Battlestar Galactica
Babylon V
Robotech / Macross
Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind
Stargate
Red Dwarf
Transformers
The Orville
2001 : A Space Odyssey
Independence Day
Critters
Aliens
Species
Killer Klowns from Outerspace

Voltron (When I was a kid, I loved those robotic lions that would combine into a giant space robot to fight evil.)

Forgot your password?